Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

apropos to nothing posted:

Kshama Sawant called for a nation wide general strike to take place on inauguration day. I hope more and more people come around to this idea because striking is one of the most effective tools we have. Until then, rallies and marches to keep people engaged and organized. We had a rally locally last night at city hall and a planning meeting at a community library this sunday to start charting a course for action over the next few months. Solidarity.

If Trump's election turns the US anarcho-syndicalist I'm going to be equal parts amazed and infuriated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Kilroy posted:

Sorry Malcolm X organized poo poo, blue squares. He did not sit in a drum circle with other patchouli-scented hippies and sing songs. He did not try to win for his cause with sick burns on placards. As for the Black Panthers I think that sort of thing is going to see a resurgence and good on them if it does. I actually like BLM in contrast to the rabble we usually see from the activist left.

Fine. The business suit thing or whatever was a little tongue in cheek but the point is to present yourself as an ordinary person. White people with dreadlocks are not ordinary people.

I am not worried in the slightest if these protests inconvenience me - I hope they do that means they are doing something. I absolutely want the carnage to end and I think BLM is actually a very effective protest movement compared to what we usually get.

A couple hundred people marching in Cleveland or whatever is nothing. It is a blip. I want more people to join these protests, actually. I want to join one myself but from what I can tell there is nothing worthwhile there aside from possibly meeting like-minded people which may get me to overcome my aversion to going. Other than that though, it seems like a waste.

Sorry if I'm coming into your thread with my bougie "solutions" and pissing you off. I do want to get more people involved. It doesn't seem to me that's going to happen with the way things are going.

I mean, that kind of seems like you want a fully formed civil disobedience movement to spring out of the ground so you can join it.

If you want it to snowball go to one, meet people, and help organize the next one.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I don't know if the rest of the world is aware but the 2008 financial crisis was caused by the now UK opposition, and the whole world is still recovering from that, which is the reason for all the problems, please ignore that they haven't been in government for six years, it's very hard to fix everything bad they did.

• Locked thread