Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

The Kingfish posted:

Protesting to have a good time and to jerk off about how much solidarity we all have is not standing up for our rights. Don't be naive.

I don't know about you but I don't think protesting is fun? I'm a weird awkward nerd, I'd much rather be waiting for the new Pokémon game or shitposting instead of getting tear gassed. I came out because I needed to remind myself of what was important, because I knew I couldn't afford to sit around crying, and listening to the speakers and talking with people in my community has inspired me to get involved in a way I haven't for years. This is part of my mourning, and now I organize.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

The Kingfish posted:

What you are describing is catharsis and it's why I think masturbation analogies are apt. You show up and cry and listen and feel connected and then you've protested and can go home to feel warm about your solidarity.

I'm going to sign up with my local chapter of the IWW on Sunday. I'm also attending other community meetings in the upcoming weeks. It's certainly possible to stop at catharsis, and it's up to me to maintain the discipline not to do so.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
Just finished meeting with some of the local iww branch. We shared our experiences and talked about leveraging anger to push workers' issues without throwing minorities under the bus, which has been a refreshing change of pace. I think there might be a protest going on a bit later, I'm not sure yet. I have burned down no buildings, for those counting.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
Perhaps it's worth waiting until the wild mobs actually go burning noble small business owners at the stake to litigate this? There's kind of some bigger enemies out there right now.

• Locked thread