Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

N. Senada posted:

I ask with sincerity, what are the anticipated and/or desired results of these actions? I understand what's motivating them, but what are the leaders/organizers/participants expecting to have happen? Agitation that pushes the electoral college to vote differently?

No one knows yet if this is "all the stuff trump said is going to be things that he really tries to make happen" or "this is a regular lovely republican presidency" having a large and visible group of people is the sort of thing that will keep this towards the "it's a regular lovely republican" and away being too casual about the real from the nazi hitler "we need to ban muslims" and gay reeducation camp stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Main Paineframe posted:

The problem with this is that it implies that "regular lovely Republican" poo poo like re-banning gay marriage, building a border wall, cracking down on immigration, more voter ID laws, outright transphobia, and appointing three solidly conservative Supreme Court justices are all things that are okay and that you are perfectly fine with.

I think that stuff is absolutely important as well. But is less directly prevented via protest. different solutions for different problems.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
As soon as every protestor is wearing a suit it will just change to "heh, some protest, looks like the only people that showed up are suit wearing millennials on their daddy's dime." There isn't really any combination of clothes that doesn't give people a wish to discount things a way to discount them.

• Locked thread