Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pajser
Jan 28, 2006
I hope this grows into a momentum. A movement. Spread awareness on social media.

Give it some name. Start asking for donations.
Hell, crash the inauguration, like that's a hard thing to do.

And then when large donations start pouring in, start backstabbing each other like every other protesting activist group in the past twenty years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pajser
Jan 28, 2006

A big flaming stink posted:

But Pajser you should go to a protest if only to get more material to make fun of them. And maybe you can ironically participate and ironically support the cause and WHOOPS LOOKS LIKE YOURE A PART OF THE SOROS SQUAD NOW

not as ironic as trying to stop a fascist AFTER he won the election.

because the election season was real quick, like two weeks tops.
nobody even who trump was a month ago, this took everyone completely by surprise

by january you will just another group of useful idiots and/or a vehicle for an insufferable twitter celebrity, until you finally reach obscurity.

half of all participants could be imprisoned and maybe tortured and the rest of the clever sing carriers wont give a single gently caress about them

Pajser
Jan 28, 2006

I don't know man I feel like you showed your hand too quickly here. Like you could have gotten at least another page out of backhanded support and then really owned us all. But you did show some effort, and these protests are about the bare minimum of effort thats warranted, so I guess you are right at home in this thread!

are you seriously this naive?

what is exactly is your goal here with organizing protests? What's the result here?
Impeachment? Making him resign?
until then what? just throwing people into a meatgrinder to prove a point everyone already gets?

there is righteous anger, of course. I agree completely with you. but if you refuse to play the game by the rules you are just going to get manipulated.

Pajser
Jan 28, 2006

Doorknob Slobber posted:

people shouldn't protest says the person who (supposedly)enjoys weekends, a minimum wage, civil rights, women voting, the 40 hour work week and the list goes on and on and on.

yeah and voting sucks man, that's why nobody does it any more.
participating in political parties and choosing good candidates with a good record of making results is just too loving boring.

its better to riot and act like a trumpian baby, because its the only thing you can do
and its a good way to lose all those things you posted, not just for myself, but for everyone.

Pajser
Jan 28, 2006

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

I'm quite certain Pajser doesn't enjoy civil rights at all.

i work a lovely minimum wage job and i know full well if i start bullshit i get beaten up by my neighbour who is a cop and a family friend so the only thing i could accomplish is begging my parents to let move back after my flat mates throw me out for needlessly making their lives worse just to show my discontent at the current political establishment.

Pajser
Jan 28, 2006

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

The fact that you've even heard of the phrase "minimum wage" is something people died in the gutter for you spineless coward.

and thats why every minimum wage worker should be ready to poo poo all over this hard fought right at a moments notice as soon as they see an election result they dont like.

gently caress you dude

Pajser
Jan 28, 2006

Doorknob Slobber posted:

poo poo all over it by doing what was done to get it in the first place. That is making GBS threads all over it because trump might get mad at protesters and abolish the minimum wage so we should all just sit in our homes and do nothing while Trump shits all over minorities. Maybe if we're really, really quiet he will forget he promised to deport millions of Muslims who are also US citizens.

as opposed to just giving him an excuse to do that even harder and with more support.

it's just four years, man. you have been through so much worse.

Pajser
Jan 28, 2006

Doorknob Slobber posted:

laugh if you think its just four years.

Someone much smarter than me once said something like "if you aren't willing to stand up for your rights and the rights of others, then you probably don't deserve them" and you're a pretty shining example of that.

guilt tripping is not a good strategy, dipshit.

why the gently caress did you not do more for your candidate to win the election? were you too demoralized?

Pajser
Jan 28, 2006

1stGear posted:

Nah, I'm pretty sure the election of a no-fooling fascist and a VP who's goal is to put gays into re-education camps is the worst it's been in most posters' lifetimes.

the bush years were similar if not worse. wars under falls pretences, 9/11 paranoia and overreactment.
not to mention the 04 election campaign which literally used fear of gay marriage to achieve its goal and did that successfully.

Pajser
Jan 28, 2006

Al-Saqr posted:

Yeah guys stop protesting just accept being having all your rights stripped of you. Stay silent while they pull the trigger on the gun to your head. Who cares about raising awareness and networking and getting people interested and letting those racist animals know that your not accepting at all of what you have planned for them.

im sorry i feel that the examples of the Arab Spring and the Syrian Revolution are not desirable outcomes for me and those close to me.

Pajser
Jan 28, 2006

Al-Saqr posted:

How is this relevant at all? Peaceful protesting is a bad thing?

Also lol both those examples became what they became is because the governments killed everybody who opposed them.

yes because those governments are filled with psychopaths who were just itching for an excuse. now that an orange manchild has the reigns of the most influential, powerful and possibly the most repressive government on the planet, i should probably think twice about being a smart rear end, because i know i will just lose the little i have and not get it back ever.

and rioting is not peaceful

Pajser
Jan 28, 2006

Guys I appreciate the debate about the futility/importance of protests but I'd like this to be a thread that provides resources to go to protests so if you feel like you're getting into a multi-page argument please consider taking into our fine uspol thread.

This isn't a get-out just a request to be mindful of the content you're contributing. Speaking of which, I'm heading out to the Philly protest by city hall right now, so if anyone sees a guy with a red beard and a bulky leather coat that may be me. Or not, that's kind of a vague description.

Good luck to all protesters tonight, try not to get your head kicked in unless you think it's for a really good cause!

Posts like this are great however, so don't shy from arguing if you feel you are being constructive!

right okay sorry. sincerely
it looked like i was trolling

Pajser
Jan 28, 2006

Al-Saqr posted:

Except nobody is saying go riot.

Also the day you should be afraid of a president so much that you don't protest is the day American freedom as a CONCEPT is dead and and buried.

there is still a robust political process, which anyone can participate (and he proved that) and its completely irresponsible to try to subvert it just because you don't like one(1) election result.

what im trying to say, that being needlessly dismissive is just going to give you an image of being unproductive or even criminal.

Pajser
Jan 28, 2006

Al-Saqr posted:

Must be nice not being directly threatened and in immediate danger like millions of Americans are. That's nice that you have that luxury.

Except for lots of people they are now faced with a president, senate and congress that's going to work very hard to make their lives a nightmare for years to come.

which has happened twice now in twenty years.

what do you want me to do? you think ill get some appreciation if become another "woke" white guy who is dumb enough to get imprisoned?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pajser
Jan 28, 2006

botany posted:

lmao

protesting is not about brownie point you dolt

Al-Saqr posted:

Nobody's asking you to do anything, stay at home, scratch your balls, whatever.

Also the whole point of doing the right thing and protecting other people isnt appreciation, it's doing it because you believe in the human rights of others. Appreciation isn't the point.

quite honestly and you can tell me im an idiot, but i don't see any other outcome for these protests other than being subverted and ending up being a massive scam as soon as it reaches momentum.

• Locked thread