Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

At least Federation Force waited until the end to truly come out with awfulness guns a-blazin'. Other M punched you in the gut and mugged you from the very start and never let up. As disappointing as MP:FF was throughout, I can't say that moment was worse than anything in Other M.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah, I remember before Prime came out and everyone was concerned, and we were proven wrong. Sucks that we weren't proven wrong again.

DraegonX
Mar 19, 2009
This game had barely anything to do with Metroid. If you removed the text about Samus doing stuff in the briefings and the last level you wouldn't even know it was supposed to be Metroid. This game was super boring and I don't know what they were thinking. Just make a huge, expansive 2D game for the Switch with barely any story and I'd be much happier.

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

Thanks for playing all the way through Federation Force. I can't say I enjoyed all of it, but it was an experience. At one point when it initially came out I was almost tempted to get it just to try and give it a chance. I'm glad I never did, and I never will.

DraegonX
Mar 19, 2009
And thanks for suffering through it for us. I'm sure it must have taken a toll on you. I'm glad I got to see it even if it was another huge goof-up by Nintendo.

RydogZeta
Feb 14, 2016
I think reception to this game would have been a little better if it had come out between Metroid Prime 2 & 3, a filler side game to enjoy while waiting for the next big console game. Coming out after Other M where people were hoping for a game to put the franchise back on track, a multiplayer focused game staring faceless space marines was the last thing anybody wanted. The game turning out to not be good makes it even worse. Hopefully we’ll get a great Metroid game starring Samus soon. Thanks for playing the game so others didn’t have to and looking forward to the next LP.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
I had heard about that Samus fight beforehand by people complaining about the game but I didn't know any of the details and much like the game itself it was worse than I had ever imagined before the LP.

busysignal
Nov 28, 2013
I still don't know why Nintendo is so in love with trying to make local/online multiplayer games on the 3DS. Take out the 4 player co-op, make it single player, make the environments and weapons way more interesting and make the story better (and remove about 90% of the Samus references) and they could've had a cool little game here. Having Samus be mentioned so much just made everything worse since there's so many people yearning for a good Metroid game and this game only made things worse. This game was utter tedium but thanks for playing it!

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Congrats on finishing. If I had to summarize this game from watching Federation Force, it just seems offensively mediocre. There were a bunch of missions where I thought that it could be fun if you were to get four people together and play it (either locally or with voice chat), it could be fun, but I still think there's better ways to use your time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
We're in the archive, and now I can finally give this thread the burial it deserves.

• Locked thread