Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
the big twist in dishonored 1 is easy to see coming but still very cool to see play out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i forgot what the twist was

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Its the same twist in far cry 4

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

trying to jack off posted:

i forgot what the twist was

The one that's obvious from like, the first cutscene I think ?

edit: nvm I remember it now.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

It worked better in dishonored though because it was really obvious it was coming so I spent some time going around the base getting to know the layout for when I was going to be jumping all over kicking rear end, where far cry 4 I was just waiting for the stupid story mission that said surprise! the good guys are bad lol. Dumb from a story perspective but really cool from a gameplay one which is the entire game

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Control Volume posted:

Its the same twist in far cry 4

i will never play that

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Youre probably better off for it, Ill never play it again without a mod that lets me ignore the story entirely. its rank.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
the hidden ending where you follow the bad guys orders during the intro and sit still and don't touch anything for 10 minutes while you wait for him to come back is cool. he gets back and you ride off in his helicopter with him and the game goes to credits

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

this game is real good, and i'm gonna replay dishonoured 1 now

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I ordered an import copy from amazon.jp. I played the first one for like 80hours or something ridiculous.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I missed soooo much in mission 4. I feel like I overlooked a whole part of the level... still insanely fun, though, and I have a feeling 5 is going to be great given the premise.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I play these games not caring if I missed something. Just part of le journey.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

the gimmick in the dust district level blew me away. it's even better than the clockwork mansion.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
karnaca is really a cool location

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

far cry 4 is really genuinely fun. but yeah, i wish there was an arcade mode that just removed all the story stuff and let me shoot things and explore freely

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

There's a beta performance patch out on steam. Dunno if it's any good, Will Report Back.

Wormskull

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
gl

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

May the patch open the doors of Karnaca to all.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The patch seemed to fix the mouse thing at least.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Two little dumb things that this game does that I really like

1. Enemies do finishing moves on you

2. Climbing is never vaulting so I'm never scared of accidentally climbing over a railing to my death

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

You vault if your sprinting don't you.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
they just announced they're doing a free update and adding new game+ among other things (customizable difficulty levels, etc). always wanted to go through earlier levels with the full set of powers so this is awesome.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

goferchan posted:

they just announced they're doing a free update and adding new game+ among other things (customizable difficulty levels, etc). always wanted to go through earlier levels with the full set of powers so this is awesome.

:discourse:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
whoever built level 4 is a mad genius

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

sector_corrector posted:

mission 4 spoiler: holy poo poo, the clockwork mansion is one of the coolest game levels i've ever played.

Goa Tse-tung posted:

whoever built level 4 is a mad genius

And you could still argue that it's only the 2nd best level in the game.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
why can't I choke out this overseer sitting in a chair

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

If it's the one I think you're talking about I had to use a sleep dart on him and he just fell asleep at his desk.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

You can choke almost all the people sitting down if you get the right angle which is finicky

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
running full speed up to someone before they alert and throat chopping them is immensely satisfying

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

This game is SJW bullshit b/c they force you to play as a girl. Never buying.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

dude dont sleep on Corvo like that. Hes up there with the ranks of Nathan Drake, Adam Jensen, Marcus Fenix, Kratos, etc

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

This game is SJW bullshit b/c they force you to play as a girl. Never buying.

what, are you retar

oh

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Goa Tse-tung posted:

what, are you retar

oh

Holy jeez dude. Have mercy

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Goa Tse-tung posted:

what, are you retar

oh

Ah, a fellow first poster

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
domino is super fun

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

bump_fn posted:

domino is super fun

i haven't tried it yet

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

i love using domino to make jerk guards killing civilians kill themselves as well

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
this game was really good

i dont remember the dlc from the fist one did they talk about delilah being jessamine's half sister? or did they come up w that for this game

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm pretty close to being done. i'm really psyched for whatever they end up doing with the DLC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i think it would be cool to go to Tyvia or Wyndeham, but IDK if they want to make that many new art assets for DLC. going back to Dunwall might be cool.

• Locked thread