Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

I keep hearing about PC problems but honestly I haven't had a single issue so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Sharkopath posted:

yah the max settings are insanely demanding and you need like a 1070 i think to get smooth framerate

I have a 1080 and it defaulted everything to ultra at 4k so 10 series cards definitely do help.

Sharkopath posted:

i really like the gameplay in this and how you can do nonlethal runs where you just run up into guys and take them all out in addition to being stealthy, i dont remember if those systems were in the first game too but remember having to reload a lot if i got discovered

One thing I'm glad they added was non-lethal takedowns from above because if I remember correctly you could only do lethal ones in the first game.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Get on my level

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

This game is pretty great so far. It feels like something Looking Glass would release if they were still around, which makes sense since there are ex-LG people at Arkane.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

If you buy 2 on Steam and already have the def edition they don't let you gift it so keep that in mind.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

So if you don't aim a sleep dart precisely you can accidentally hit a weapon holstered on the back of a guard's belt, alerting them. Lovin these little touches.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

I'm the third person in a sleep dart domino chain who stumbles into a window shutter that collapses, killing us all.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

This is really scratching that Thief itch.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Far Reach with the Invisible Thread black bonecharm is practically identical to Blink and has more utility.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

sector_corrector posted:

yeah, on hard this is a really challenging game

It's good.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Mission 7 is disorienting but once you get used to it it's fun. The item you get is cool and I hope it's used more later and not just for this level.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

sector_corrector posted:

my main run is low chaos, and i accidentally did this today:

lol I did something similar with domino and a sleep dart for a non-lethal run. They both collapsed onto the rum and set themselves on fire.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

sector_corrector posted:

mission 4 spoiler:

It's one of the most legit impressive things I've seen in a game recently. If you go for the associated stealth achievement you never get to see any of it in depth, which is kinda sad.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

May the patch open the doors of Karnaca to all.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

goferchan posted:

they just announced they're doing a free update and adding new game+ among other things (customizable difficulty levels, etc). always wanted to go through earlier levels with the full set of powers so this is awesome.

:discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

If it's the one I think you're talking about I had to use a sleep dart on him and he just fell asleep at his desk.

• Locked thread