Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

I recently started taking pictures of mushrooms with the hope of identifying them later. I wish I saw this thread earlier so I would know to make sure to take note of the bulb, ring, and what they feel like. Do any of these look definitely edible, deadly, or :lsd: to you guys?

This is from the Santa Cruz mountains:

This was on the side of a paved multi use path in Contra Costa County. It felt a bit slimy and I might be imagining things, but I think it left a slight burning sensation:

All the rest of these are from Henry Coe state Park, I have a hiking pole in most of the pictures for size reference:

These caps caught my eye because they were nearly black on top

I haven't seen something like this before. It was just a lumpy ball full of a fluffy green powder

Bugs in the gills?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

extra stout posted:

Don't eat any of these without researching further but since this is fun I'll wing more guesses:
No worries. I am not the kind of person that will eat something because a person on a comedy forum says it is maybe [but probably not] safe. I figure most of the time when I run into something that looks like food there has to be some reason another animal hasn't gotten to it first.

I'll keep checking out mushrooms as I run across them and and take note of more of their features.

• Locked thread