Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

2.6.0 is out, read the notes HERE!

What is this game?
It's Diablo 3, you've played it a bajillion times, you already know. But if you have amnesia, the basic gist of it is:
code:
10 punch, stab, shoot, & explode enemies (sometimes using magic)
20 have them explode into a shower of brightly colored loot that's possibly incrementally better than what you have
30 play dress up with your new gore stained outfit
40 Go to 10
Other things to do include:
  • 6 Classes (7 if you buy the Necromancer DLC), all significantly different from each other and each with unique skills, play-style, and loot.
  • A Story Mode you'll play thru once so you can just skip to adventure mode where all the fun really is!
  • Adventure mode, where you'll spend most of your time completing bounties (5 minute quests) to earn crafting resources and exclusive loot!
  • Seasons like Adventure Mode but Blizzard will periodically make you start all over!
  • Rifts, where you kill enemies, collect loot, and try to fill up a bar to Spawn a boss who will drop items!
  • Greater Rifts, which are like rifts, but timed, harder, and drop less loot that's usually of a higher quality
  • The aforementioned Loot, which is like 99% of why this game is fun! As you play at harder difficulties you'll get gear that changes how many of your abilities work, often in surprisingly bizarre ways!
  • Transmogrification, so you can make your loot look like other loot!
  • Cosmetic items, like Loot but useless!
What's the difference between this and the PC version?
After March's Season adding update, the only differences between the two is that the console version is a bit more geared towards couch coop and using a controller. This switches the game's look and feel away from an action RPG and more towards a Gauntlet-esque brawler. Content wise the two are nearly identical, though, and every update hits consoles and PC usually at the same time (except on ps3 and 360, because those don't get updates anymore).

The interfaces are also different, mainly to accommodate the differences in control scheme (Console versions have move the character directly using the Analog sticks, where as PC is more of a guide your character with the mouse deal) and make room for additional players via couch Co-Op (Console versions support up to 4 players).

Example of the interface differences:
Pc

vs
PS4 (Ignore the resolution, both run at 1080p)

Console versions also have a few other things, such as:
  • The kickin' rad sometimes annoying Nemesis system, where enemies who kill you can get upgraded to a generic Terror Demon that will occasionally invade your friend's games! Usually at the worst possible time!
  • A Mail system that noone uses! Also, it, it doesn't work during Seasonal Play!
  • Gifts, where occasionally a legendary drop will include a gift box with a copy of that legendary that will be sent to a random friend who has also played Diablo on Console! It's also disabled during seasonal play!
  • Rolling For Some Reason! I don't know why but the right stick rolls you in a direction quickly, it's kinda useful early on but by level 10 you'll forget it exsists.
All in all, They're both the same game and the changes don't really make one THAT much better than the other, but if you like punching demons and want to punch said demons with a friend in the same room as you, console has a slight advantage.

What the hell is a Diablo Season?
From Blizzard:

Blizzard posted:

Seasons are a fresh way to experience the game as though you were playing it for the first time—complete with rapid character leveling and gear upgrades. While a Season is active, players can create characters that are separate from their current non-Seasonal characters.

Your first character in a Season will start completely from scratch. Each additional Seasonal character can only share progress with this character. When the Season ends, these characters will become non-Seasonal and any items, progress, or Challenges they’ve earned in the Season will be available to non-Seasonal characters.

You can read more here.

Any tips?
Don't run Greater Rifts with Pubbies if you're not playing a seasonal character!!! There are a lot of hackers in the ps4 version at least, and those tend to make the game severely unfun. So if you do run public matches for GRifting, keep an eye for people with weapons with 3 gems or black untextured armor.

Since all the classes play more or less identical to the PC ones I'll just post links to their respective threads:
Barbarians
Crusaders
Demon Hunters
Monks
Witch Doctors
Wizards
Necromancer (there's no class thread yet so i just linked the icy-veins page)

Is this game still active?
Surprisingly yes there's still a good chunk of people playing on PS4 at least and with the upcoming content additions.

On June 23rd Season 10 will be ending. There is no official start date for Season 11 as of yet.

The Necromancer DLC is being release on June, 27th! is out!

The pack includes:
  • The twisted and misshapen Half-formed Golem in-game pet
  • Cosmetic Wings of the Crypt Guardian
  • Two additional character slots
  • Two stash tabs
  • Necromancer portrait, banner, sigil, and accent, and Blood Master pennant
The Console versions don't get the extra stash space, since we have more than PC version does already. It will be $14.99 and will launch alongside patch 2.6.0. There is also a limited time only Diablo 3: Eternal Collection bundle which should be available to PS+ and XBLG members for $39.99.

I wanna play with goons!
That's not a question!

How do I play with goons?
Next post over is a list of current players. If you want to add your name either post it in here, or PM me your username and console and I'll try and remember to put you in the OP.

good day for a bris fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jun 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Diablo 4 Console User List

Ok since noone has any clue how many players are still playing from the ps4 old list i've decided to go ahead and restart it here on ps4 as well as make a new psn commuunity. The new PSN commnity is named Wolfman Salvage Co.. It's an open community so anyone can join but I've gone ahead and thrown imvites to everyone in the new list.

PS4
Cadavrs4Algernon (It's me, I'm the guy)
literallygary
Hubbaducky
ElasticRebound
ohsohologramic
Sumtingwonger
SpaceLeftEmpty
Good_citizen
Draecas
ExCruceLeo
Juicedsixfo
super_aggro_crag
NomnomFirestar
YOHN_BLACKSTORM
Skyhammerflip
Anothergod
daver3k
herr_pink
Justinoid418
blizzard_six
BlackOni165
burtology
zerodrone
michwall
mentalcontempt
geektox

XBone
Rollie the Guar
Delters92
Mr Sucu
UltimateMistake
IM SO NOOB LOL
UltimateMistake
zombie boat
OscarWoscar
Kebby82
Genocide Tendency
moocow333
djinni-at-lamp
leftneuron
fastestgunalive
ahicze
schwein11
no Wizards k
@mechwarrior
AmateurSabot3ur

good day for a bris fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Aug 14, 2017

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

I want to get back into this but its hard to find motivation without seasons (they're coming, I know). Kinda just want to start over.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Add me on PSN: "literallygary"

Also add me to that list OP. I haven't played seriously in, like, a year but all this new blizzcon info has me all jazzed up

Neron
Jan 14, 2008

I've started playing again, just leveled a fresh 70 wizard. With Gem of Ease and Hellfire stuff it's hilarious how fast leveling is, I got something like 14 levels by killing one enemy.

Anyway feel free to add me in the OP, I'm HubbaDucky on PS4.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I'll usually jump in if I see someone already playing but I only have time for PlayStation on sunday afternoon these days.

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

I played vanilla D3 on pc on release. It never grabbed me like D2; quit after a month or so. Now I have this on PS4, and it is very different after the updates.

I know I could google all these questions but:

I got through Act4 w/ a monk last night. Is the preferred method of leveling to 60 just to put a big ruby in a helm and run through the story? Same for additional characters? Because I don't know if I can listen to any of that dialogue again. I did it on Hard so it was pretty easy but still a time sink I will never get back.

I play extremely couch-casual. Not interested in DPS spreadsheets. Still, is there a go-to build-guide site somewhere that doesn't rely on you finding that 1:1billion rare drop? Mostly I am just trying to determine if there are any uses for 3/4 of these skills that look useless to me.

Is there a way to stack movement speed? Running speed seems molasses slow. During Act4 there were some blessing posts that increased speed to what I'd hope for as "normal."

Are enchantments and smith purchases the new "gambling" ? I've been spending my money upgrading gems, is there another purpose?

Any death penalties for softcore? I haven't died yet, but noticed I couldn't put money in my stash, which is what I recall was the only real issue w/ dying on PC way back when.

Are there special events around holidays, anniversaries, etc? That's the kind of thing that will actually hold my interest. I see the posts above about ladder seasons coming to console.

I'd love to play with you folks but I am prone to putting down the controller and wandering off for an hour. I need games with hard pauses. Still if you've got junk you are trying to unload to a newbie, I'm not proud (PSN ElasticRebound).

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Add me on the PS4 list as "ohsohologramic". I play a lot with my cousin and could use the gifts.

Also can anyone send me a furnace? It's the last piece of my build and I haven't found a single one.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Verisimilidude posted:

Add me on the PS4 list as "ohsohologramic". I play a lot with my cousin and could use the gifts.

Also can anyone send me a furnace? It's the last piece of my build and I haven't found a single one.

I am in the exact same boat. I'll send out friend requests tonight, maybe we'll both get lucky.

edit: gently caress it. Show off your awesome transmogs!

good day for a bris fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Nov 14, 2016

SumTingWong
Feb 11, 2015
transitioning from PC to PS4 - PS4 name SumTingWonger - I'd be down to play some co-op anytime

crazkylo
Dec 20, 2008

Set the world aflame!
Just started playing with a bunch of friends on Ps4. My interest in this game will last long after they have quit playing.

Recently hit 70 on a witch doctor and am working on gearing up with rift runs. As fun as it is solo, I'd love to find a group to play with!

Tried hopping in a public match last night to find a paragon 10,000 with obviously hacked items and weapons, everyone in game was begging them for free gear (what's the point of even playing then?)

If anyone needs help hitting 70 quickly, wants a buddy for rift runs, or wants to get pissed at hard-core, add me on PSN: Prof_Aspen (add me to the OP plz)

There is also a diablo 3 goon community on psn, but I can't tell if it's active or not anymore.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
The goon community was never active as far as I can tell. I think it was mainly for an easy way to identify who was already playing instead of trying to arrange games.

I haven't loaded D3 in a while because I was getting frustrated at not really knowing what I needed to upgrade on my DH to progress in solo Grifting. The M6 build worked for a while but I couldn't get past 23 solo and for the love of me I could never figure out why. And trying to find information was a crusade into abbreviations that looked Greek to me. I figure when the Necromancer releases I'll get back into it more steadily; right now it's something to waste time when not playing Skyrim/World of FF/Final Fantasy XV (when that releases).

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

If the goon community is dead I'll probably make a new one. The only thing holding me back was being unsure of its activity level.

And yeah all the hackers make the game ridiculously unfun when they show up. That said, I'm fine running regular rifts with them cuz the rewards won't change, however GRifts are just plane awful with one of them on hand, especially the level 150 ones where you can gain 400 levels in 5 minutes.

Also bummed that apparently I suck so much resembling to use plague of locusts that I can't run a jade harvester without wormwood. I don't know why but without it I just don't enjoy playing that build.

Edit: I've gone thru and cleaned out the old ps4 list, removing people who haven't posted here, just because this is an older game and I have no clue who's active and who isn't. I've also created a new community, Wolfman Salvage Co., it's an open commnity and anyone can join so if you don't already have an invite just look it up.

good day for a bris fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Nov 16, 2016

crazkylo
Dec 20, 2008

Set the world aflame!
I don't have the proper weapon, so I equipped it to my cube. It may not be super great for dps, but I enjoy the ease of it.

I also have vile hive for free pestilence, Will that still be active if Locusts aren't on my ability bar?

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

crazkylo posted:

I don't have the proper weapon, so I equipped it to my cube. It may not be super great for dps, but I enjoy the ease of it.

I also have vile hive for free pestilence, Will that still be active if Locusts aren't on my ability bar?

I don't believe so but someone else might no better. I do have a spare sacred harvester I can throw you next time we're both online though.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
I'm still farming for a man prodder on XB1 so I guess add me @Mechwarrior for stuff.

SumTingWong
Feb 11, 2015

good day for a bris posted:

If the goon community is dead I'll probably make a new one. The only thing holding me back was being unsure of its activity level.

And yeah all the hackers make the game ridiculously unfun when they show up. That said, I'm fine running regular rifts with them cuz the rewards won't change, however GRifts are just plane awful with one of them on hand, especially the level 150 ones where you can gain 400 levels in 5 minutes.

Also bummed that apparently I suck so much resembling to use plague of locusts that I can't run a jade harvester without wormwood. I don't know why but without it I just don't enjoy playing that build.

Edit: I've gone thru and cleaned out the old ps4 list, removing people who haven't posted here, just because this is an older game and I have no clue who's active and who isn't. I've also created a new community, Wolfman Salvage Co., it's an open commnity and anyone can join so if you don't already have an invite just look it up.

I'll join up tonight, I'm still running though the game proper to get my adventure mode on. I played the poo poo out of the PC - all but one season - version and never got wings as sweet as the ones that came with this game, lol.

I do miss the point and click of the PC still, but the whole "playing on the couch chilling out" thing really speaks to me.

Mr. Yuk
Apr 1, 2005

In case of accidental ingestion, please consult a mortician.

pumped up for school posted:

I played vanilla D3 on pc on release. It never grabbed me like D2; quit after a month or so. Now I have this on PS4, and it is very different after the updates.

I know I could google all these questions but:

I got through Act4 w/ a monk last night. Is the preferred method of leveling to 60 just to put a big ruby in a helm and run through the story? Same for additional characters? Because I don't know if I can listen to any of that dialogue again. I did it on Hard so it was pretty easy but still a time sink I will never get back.

You'll only need to do story once, because once you beat it,you open Adventure Mode which is the real Diablo 3 experience.

quote:

I play extremely couch-casual. Not interested in DPS spreadsheets. Still, is there a go-to build-guide site somewhere that doesn't rely on you finding that 1:1billion rare drop? Mostly I am just trying to determine if there are any uses for 3/4 of these skills that look useless to me.

Play however its most fun to you. Builds and minmaxing literally don't matter until you hit the upper echelon of difficulty levels.

quote:

Is there a way to stack movement speed? Running speed seems molasses slow. During Act4 there were some blessing posts that increased speed to what I'd hope for as "normal."

Most classes have a passive skill that bumps movement speed to some extent.

quote:

Are enchantments and smith purchases the new "gambling" ? I've been spending my money upgrading gems, is there another purpose?

In adventure mode there are blood shards for gambling. Use gold to upgrade the vendors and gems.

quote:

Any death penalties for softcore? I haven't died yet, but noticed I couldn't put money in my stash, which is what I recall was the only real issue w/ dying on PC way back when.

10% damage to equipped items.

quote:

Are there special events around holidays, anniversaries, etc? That's the kind of thing that will actually hold my interest. I see the posts above about ladder seasons coming to console.

Occasionally they do exp bonus or legendary droprate buffs on long weekends, but that's about it.

quote:

I'd love to play with you folks but I am prone to putting down the controller and wandering off for an hour. I need games with hard pauses. Still if you've got junk you are trying to unload to a newbie, I'm not proud (PSN ElasticRebound).

My coworker just got the game and wants me to power level him tomorrow night so I'll be on lots. PSN SpaceLeftEmpty I play a fair amount.

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

Thanks for the info!

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Just to guage curiosity, is anyone interested in scheduled events? I have a buddy who just picked this up and once he barrels thru the campaign I want to try and get a weekly premafe going for gearing up.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Popped this on for the first time in months and months. My monk is still incredibly OP. Funtimes.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Does anyone know if the PSNow version of D3UEE is ps3? Is it still fun to local coop if it is?

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Nevvy Z posted:

Does anyone know if the PSNow version of D3UEE is ps3? Is it still fun to local coop if it is?

PSNow only has ps3 games and unfortunately the ps3 version of D3:UEE doesn't get content updates, so youd miss out on most of the great stuff that has been patched in over the games lifespan, like the kanai cube, or the revamped greater rifts.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
If they have a psnow sub then that might be why, just to screw around with couch coop.

If you do then mess with it. But yeah, I'd buy the PS4 version next time it's on sale. Hugh QOL difference.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

So tonight I will be trying to host our first community Diablo event! Nothing major but i think I'd like to round up as many people as we can for demonpunchmans. I'll send an invite out when i get home on the ocmmunity but if youre available tonight around 10pm Pacific let us know and we will try and get this poo poo going!

We will also have an event for clearing the Shadow over Tristram come January.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

I was thinking of playing again the next few days too as I think I need a FPS break. Friday nights are iffy for me but I'll make an effort.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
Is this still a defacto ps4 thread?

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

xxEightxx posted:

Is this still a defacto ps4 thread?

More or less. If someone wants to try and organize some xbone stuff I'll put it in the OP, but its mostly dead in here, even for ps4.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I just noticed I'm on the xbone list when I should be on the PS4 list. Good_Citizen

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Good Citizen posted:

I just noticed I'm on the xbone list when I should be on the PS4 list. Good_Citizen

Fixed

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Bought D3 on PS4 since it was on sale for cheap, and seasons are coming. PSN is Draecas (I joined the community), working to finish the main story before seasons eventually show up.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

EVGA Longoria posted:

Bought D3 on PS4 since it was on sale for cheap, and seasons are coming. PSN is Draecas (I joined the community), working to finish the main story before seasons eventually show up.

Awesome! Added. Let me know if you need assistance. If you don't care about the plot much you can easily burn thru the story in a day.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

good day for a bris posted:

Awesome! Added. Let me know if you need assistance. If you don't care about the plot much you can easily burn thru the story in a day.

Oh yeah, I've run through the story on PC so I'm good on the "plot", such as it is. Just trying to get some unlocks to prep for seasons. Whenever they hit.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i wonder if the season characters are forced online to avoid the duping that is central to the console d3 experience

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

EVGA Longoria posted:

Oh yeah, I've run through the story on PC so I'm good on the "plot", such as it is. Just trying to get some unlocks to prep for seasons. Whenever they hit.

Well it's been reported that seasons are supposed to begin on console on Season 10, I don't know how accurate that is but it makes sense, timing wise. I'd probably expect the Necromancer around that time too.

Awesome! posted:

i wonder if the season characters are forced online to avoid the duping that is central to the console d3 experience

I certainly loving hope so. Duping is the only thing that keeps me from playing GRifts online.

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.
PS4 ExCruceLeo

I deleted most of my friends list so add me even if you recognize. Just say something about d3

Are there a bunch of cosmetic/pets? Haven't come across any.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

there are the little pets that drop from menagerie goblins. not sure about anything else

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Awesome! posted:

there are the little pets that drop from menagerie goblins. not sure about anything else

Wings are rare drops from specific bosses. For example, Adria has a slim chance to drop Bone Wings if you kill her in an adventure mode game where she ISN'T a bounty.
Cosmetic transmog items are around, usually as boss drops or in secret little environmental hidey holes, like getting Lachdanan's Stormshield by following the Queen's Ghost in Leoric's Manor.
Pets usually drop from Menagerist goblins, they show up as blue on the map and are slightly larger than regular goblins.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So what exactly is the key to getting up to higher level Torments after you're already basically set on gear? I'm currently running a Demon Hunter on T7 and i already have full Marauders, unless it really just comes down to hoping i can get them in Ancient Legendary form to increase their stats? Doesn't the cube let you do so?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

becoming
Aug 25, 2004

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So what exactly is the key to getting up to higher level Torments after you're already basically set on gear? I'm currently running a Demon Hunter on T7 and i already have full Marauders, unless it really just comes down to hoping i can get them in Ancient Legendary form to increase their stats? Doesn't the cube let you do so?

You're pretty much never set on gear. This isn't meant to sound snarky, but if you're not absolutely melting T13, one-shotting basically everything, then you're not set on gear. Re-rolling for ancient/better stats is the way to get better gear, but it requires a boatload of materials, which requires a boatload of time spent farming. What I did was run rifts/bounties at a difficulty level wherein movement speed was the limiting factor in how quickly I could get it done. For you, that might currently be T4, but eventually it'll be T5, then T6, then eventually T10...

It's also helpful to start hitting GRifts and leveling up your gems, as those can make an enormous difference.