Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

Neron posted:

Should the season be live now on consoles in EU? All I'm seeing is "season ended" on my character screen

Season 10 begins at 5pm Pacific

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Or I have the worst RNG ever. I haven't found a single piece.

:negative:

Can reforging yield primals?

Have you completed GR70? I was wondering why I wasn't seeing any in HC and forgot about that requirement.

Neron
Jan 14, 2008

good day for a bris posted:

Season 10 begins at 5pm Pacific

Yeah, I know that know. In EU it was supposed to start at 5 PM CET, same time as PC version but apparently today they noticed they can't do different regional launch times on consoles, so us EU peeps get to wait till 3 AM CET.

Mr. Grumpybones
Apr 18, 2002
"We're falling out of the sky! We're going down! We're a silver gleaming death machine!"
Do these seasons have different/new drops? I already have one of each class at level 70, so don't see the point of starting over otherwise

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i think they give out some cosmetic things for doing certain challenges

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

ExCruceLeo posted:

Have you completed GR70? I was wondering why I wasn't seeing any in HC and forgot about that requirement.

Yes, 73 actually.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
anybody going to jump on PS4 seasons when the doors open? Considering starting up a seasons DH

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Good Citizen posted:

anybody going to jump on PS4 seasons when the doors open? Considering starting up a seasons DH

Doing the same, though my main DH needs work as I can only do GR47 or so by myself, never mind these primal drops I've never heard of until now.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

god i forgot how lovely no move speed is

like why is this the default speed gently caress you blizzard

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
So yeah the season is live and...literally nobody on Xbone seems to be playing? Or is everyone 70 already ? :(

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Can reforging yield primals?

Yep, it's how I got a couple.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Mr. Neutron posted:

So yeah the season is live and...literally nobody on Xbone seems to be playing? Or is everyone 70 already ? :(

PS4 seems to have a pretty healthy community ATM. I've found a public party every time I've searched while leveling and a couple goons are 70 already

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Yeah it was just the low levels, for some reason people start on normal even though hard is just as fast :)

It's quite enjoyable to play this game without hackers, for once.

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
I'm playing a bit on PS4 now that Seasons are here - PSN Fitzquaid if anyone wants to do bounties or fight my terrible nemeses.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

I'm playing again and have tons of free time so gonna be poopsocking seasons this week probably, thegojira84 is my psn if you don't have me.

Mr. Neutron posted:

Yeah it was just the low levels, for some reason people start on normal even though hard is just as fast :)

It's quite enjoyable to play this game without hackers, for once.

ITT we are no longer professional russians

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
Professional Russians need not apply.

So, how does the Season work differently to normal offline? I'd like to imagine that there is no more duping ridiculous amounts of crafting materials or items, but is there any different mechanics I should know about, or is it still the exact game, mechanics, skills, sets etc?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

im not sure about duping. i didnt try it but i was still seeing the normal save icons pop up when i did stuff. can you play a season character offline?

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

You can, and I think they did something with the mailbox.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
You can, but you won't be eligible for the leaderboards. According to reddit, all the known hacks/exploits involved imported saves from oldgen so even though season saves are local, hacking should be minimal/nonexistent.

Mailbox is disabled and all loot is strictly personal, no trading whatsoever (unlike PC).

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

actually now that crafting mats are stuck in that limbo inventory im not sure if you can even drop them anymore so that method is out.

can probably still do the thing where you make like 10-20 rare whatevers, upgrade them and if you dont get what you want reset and try again.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

dentist toy box posted:

ITT we are no longer professional russians

I'm debating petitioning for a thread name change to this or "remember, no (professional) russian"

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

Season on console is pretty nice. I played last season on pc but got burnt out after I got my set items. Now I can play and still have a break from mouse clicking. I decided to go with WD as that was the last class I played in non seasons and didn't really push too far with him. I just finished getting my set, but I'm missing the feet somehow? Gearing up to find a good build now, but the cobbled together one I'm using is solid through t4.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Well, my season journey seems to be over. Master Inna's dungeon, yeah right, not gonna happen.

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

Mr. Neutron posted:

Well, my season journey seems to be over. Master Inna's dungeon, yeah right, not gonna happen.

Yeah I am not a fan of set dungeons. I tried it a couple of times and got close and the answer is basically take off gear and replace it with yellow pieces with CD-R.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

"Hey don't let enemies get in Melee range

Okay that's easy!

*giant worm pops out of ground under me without warning*

Oh

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

dentist toy box posted:

"Hey don't let enemies get in Melee range

Okay that's easy!

*giant worm pops out of ground under me without warning*

Oh

They have a large aggro range and teleport under you with no visual indicators. Not fun. So yea, my season journey is over. Even doing it in gotta go fast mode I just find myself hoping for good rng and yea im done.

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

TrustmeImLegit posted:

They have a large aggro range and teleport under you with no visual indicators. Not fun. So yea, my season journey is over. Even doing it in gotta go fast mode I just find myself hoping for good rng and yea im done.

I read you can cheese it with someone helping. I could do it for you on my monk. If it works you could return the favor:). ExCruceLeo is my psn.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have this on my PS4 and I think it's the superior way to play the game. I love it being gauntlet style rather than point and click style!

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Thanks for the offer I'm on Xbox though. Tried it twice more. Got D/Cd at 35 left and got wormed at 78.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I just don't understand this, the blurb at the start of the set dungeon says game difficulty has no effect on it, so why are my stats not normalized or something? Am I supposed to complete it half naked or what?

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

Mr. Neutron posted:

I just don't understand this, the blurb at the start of the set dungeon says game difficulty has no effect on it, so why are my stats not normalized or something? Am I supposed to complete it half naked or what?

You craft yellows to get down to their level lol.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Mr. Neutron posted:

You should have no trouble facerolling if you can even do lower torments.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

TrustmeImLegit posted:

You should have no trouble facerolling if you can even do lower torments.

Facerolling it is actually exactly the problem. See, the dungeon reqires you to hit 10 enemies within 10 yards of you by Mystic Ally...but my Mystic Allies kill everything near instantly...

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I hate set dungeons and I hate that my season journey is over because of something dumb like that. If I unlock all the things in the next tier will I still get the reward? I can just google what the challenges are.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
Only your monk needs to be near 10 enemies, not the mystic allies. Let them lag behind while you run past stragglers into denser groups of enemies.

And no, you have to unlock the season journey chapters in order, even if the next one is fully complete.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I wonder if the shadow set is easier to master. I think I have a full set of that.

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

TrustmeImLegit posted:

I wonder if the shadow set is easier to master. I think I have a full set of that.

It's sorta the same thing. You have to make gear to keep enough hatred up to continuously hit mobs with impale without missing. 20 in a row x 5.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ExCruceLeo posted:

You craft yellows to get down to their level lol.
this is why the set dungeons are loving dumb and i have never bothered to complete a single one

justinoid
Nov 16, 2005

Ass Gas or Grass, No one rides for free
I've gotten my season Demon Hunter up to about level 200 paragon. I just finished doing the set dungeon earlier. And yes, it's super annoying with the worm that appears underneath you and ruins your "no enemies within melee" goal. However, I completed the other objectives in the Marauders set dungeon and was able to progress with the season challenge. So even though I failed the no melee thing, I still got credit. I'm not really a fan of these set dungeons, but they do give you something to work on besides the usual content. Set Dungeons aside, I'm really enjoying the season content on consoles. I can see myself playing intermittently throughout the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

justinoid posted:

I've gotten my season Demon Hunter up to about level 200 paragon. I just finished doing the set dungeon earlier. And yes, it's super annoying with the worm that appears underneath you and ruins your "no enemies within melee" goal. However, I completed the other objectives in the Marauders set dungeon and was able to progress with the season challenge. So even though I failed the no melee thing, I still got credit. I'm not really a fan of these set dungeons, but they do give you something to work on besides the usual content. Set Dungeons aside, I'm really enjoying the season content on consoles. I can see myself playing intermittently throughout the season.

One of the later challenges is to master it.

Just solo 70gr on my DH. Anyone on PS4 can add me ExCruceLeo. Ill be running lvl 50's or so to get gear.