Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Yesssss finally beat grift 70 for primals. Got killed by the fart cloud guardian with like 30 seconds left and thought I was hosed but just barely pulled it off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.

Good Citizen posted:

Yesssss finally beat grift 70 for primals. Got killed by the fart cloud guardian with like 30 seconds left and thought I was hosed but just barely pulled it off

Nice! My first three were good ones and came on like the same day. I haven't seen poo poo in a few days haha.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
So is anyone doing anything other than the gem conquests, seems like a lot of the challenges require four men?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Having played both the PC version and now the PS4 version, I believe the console version to be the absolute best entirely due to the control method.

I love the real time zipping about and movement way more than the point, click, click, click nature of the PC version. It reminds me of the Baldur's Gate game on Xbox which was way more fun than the one on PC.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

my only issue with it is the targeting is much less precise which can be annoying

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

VideoGames posted:

Having played both the PC version and now the PS4 version, I believe the console version to be the absolute best entirely due to the control method.

I love the real time zipping about and movement way more than the point, click, click, click nature of the PC version. It reminds me of the Baldur's Gate game on Xbox which was way more fun than the one on PC.

I'm with you there, though I wish there was a better way to target apes (I'd love to be able to hold down the button and drag the target with the right stick). If you need help gearing up or blowing poo poo away feel free to hit me up: Cadavrs4Algernon. Other people are much farther along of course but I'm always down to help if I'm on.

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

VideoGames posted:

Same here. Diablo was the first game of its type that I played. I've also played Titan Quest and Torchlight, and I enjoy them all. But after putting obscene hours into Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance and its sequel on the X-Box, and the two Everquest Champions games on PS2, it made it really hard to go back to mouse/KB. Once I knew that D3 was going to come out on console, I didn't even think about buying it on PC.

Christ, I just remembered I even beat Dungeons and Dragons: Heroes.

anothergod
Apr 11, 2016

I feel like Diablo 3 needed to go further down the action game route. I wanna see WASD movement or twin stick controls! Let me rotate the camera! I guess I'm asking for a game that "isn't Diablo" at this point, but, like... meh...

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

This game pretty much is twinstick on consoles already and hellllllll no on camera movement besides maybe some zoom levels

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Man I was ranked around 250 in seasons mode now I'm down to like 480 or something

loving set dungeons, no way am I ever going to master one of these stupid boring pieces of poo poo.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Quote-Unquote posted:

Man I was ranked around 250 in seasons mode now I'm down to like 480 or something

loving set dungeons, no way am I ever going to master one of these stupid boring pieces of poo poo.

Tal Tasha wizard one took me about an hour. Could have done it quicker but I didn't know you had to complete the objectives and also kill everything, since the latter is not an initial listed objective.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Hooray! I am level 68, messing around in rifts and bounties and have done chapter 1 and nearly chapter 2 of the seasonal thingies :D

I'm also playing on expert and doing OK! I've never played past normal before. Last time I tried hard it took ages to kill regular enemies so I avoided it. I gave expert a try and it is tough but manageable. I have nearly lost my character once in the secheren ruins. I got the kainai cube too, but it looks way to advanced for my character.

jebrown84
Aug 27, 2005

Help me Johnny Boy you're my only hope.

VideoGames posted:

Hooray! I am level 68, messing around in rifts and bounties and have done chapter 1 and nearly chapter 2 of the seasonal thingies :D

I'm also playing on expert and doing OK! I've never played past normal before. Last time I tried hard it took ages to kill regular enemies so I avoided it. I gave expert a try and it is tough but manageable. I have nearly lost my character once in the secheren ruins. I got the kainai cube too, but it looks way to advanced for my character.

Yeah You'll need to level up to 70 and get some good rare/legendary/set gear to really push past expert. PS4 or Xbone?

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Nothing sweeter than that first 70 item drop that skyrockets your sheet damage by like 100,000

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong
I'm running a wizard ATM for seasons, but I need a second class for set dungeon mastery, is there a class that is considered easier than the others for that?

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Set Dungeons are rude no matter what.

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

DH and Sader have easier set dungeons and their dungeons aren't tough to gear up for either. I would pick DH over Sader since the Shadow, Marauder and Nat's dungeons are all simple and UE is just kind of hard compared with some of the other class set dungeons.

But the Invoker's dungeon for Sader is the easiest of them all, you basically just put on the armor and the thorns leg gem and walk through it for mastery.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

xxEightxx posted:

I'm running a wizard ATM for seasons, but I need a second class for set dungeon mastery, is there a class that is considered easier than the others for that?

The hammerdin set on crusader is incredibly easy to master with the right gear, I did it on first try with about a minute to spare.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Quote-Unquote posted:

The hammerdin set on crusader is incredibly easy to master with the right gear, I did it on first try with about a minute to spare.

I love the hammerdin build so much.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Just got a Necro beta invite but don't think I can bring myself to go back to playing on PC. Sucks you can't roll beta on consoles

anothergod
Apr 11, 2016

Good Citizen posted:

Just got a Necro beta invite but don't think I can bring myself to go back to playing on PC. Sucks you can't roll beta on consoles

loot drop IRL

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

jebrown84 posted:

Yeah You'll need to level up to 70 and get some good rare/legendary/set gear to really push past expert. PS4 or Xbone?

I am playing PS4. It's such a wickedly good game :D

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I misread the 6 piece shadow impale set bonus. I thought it was over 40k% extra damage the first time you hit an enemy. Which is cool but I didn't prioritize finishing it off. Then I got the 6 piece randomly and read it again.....holy gently caress I instantly went up like 3 torments.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
40,000% :dogbutton:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TrustmeImLegit posted:

I misread the 6 piece shadow impale set bonus. I thought it was over 40k% extra damage the first time you hit an enemy. Which is cool but I didn't prioritize finishing it off. Then I got the 6 piece randomly and read it again.....holy gently caress I instantly went up like 3 torments.

Could you elaborate? Never heard of this set.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong
Random question, anyone know of a t10 wand of woh speed farm build that doesn't use tal rasha? I saw one a few days back that used the gold pick up items but for the life of me can't find it now that I was trying to put it together.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Alteisen posted:

Could you elaborate? Never heard of this set.

Its the shadow set for DH. Its super OP

https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/demon-hunter-shadows-mantle-build-with-impale-patch-2-5-season-10

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

xxEightxx posted:

Random question, anyone know of a t10 wand of woh speed farm build that doesn't use tal rasha? I saw one a few days back that used the gold pick up items but for the life of me can't find it now that I was trying to put it together.

This page is perfect for "need a build that uses _____"

https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/legendary-item-salvage-guide

Looks like this build also uses it - https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/wizard-arcane-orb-build-with-the-dmo-set-patch-2-5-season-10

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Guess ill roll a DH on the Xbone.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Well, I reached 108 on the leaderboards, got 100% of the non-conquest challenges (done two of those) and only have three things left to do to complete the whole season journey:
- Complete a T13 rift in under 4 minutes (maybe doable with a good group)
- Three gems to 70 (probably doable, I can just about solo a 70 grift)
- Complete one more conquest

The last one is probably not gonna happen. I need to complete the entire story mode in an hour (lol, fat chance), master 7 more set dungeons (lol, doing 1 was bad enough) or kill all bosses in 20 minutes on T10 (maybe doable with a good group of 4, take 4 bosses each, stop for nothing and pray)

I think I'll end up staying with my Conqueror portrait frame and not getting the Guardian one.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Alteisen posted:

Guess ill roll a DH on the Xbone.

I'm on Xbone too. A lot of people farm TX. This build farms TXIII with ease its insane.

savex
May 28, 2014
Just got the game on sale. I'm on PS4 and i've joined the community wolfman salvage co. What now? I'm new to this game... None of my friend got it, will the member of the community count for the nemesis feature ?

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

Jonathan Demers posted:

Just got the game on sale. I'm on PS4 and i've joined the community wolfman salvage co. What now? I'm new to this game... None of my friend got it, will the member of the community count for the nemesis feature ?

no not really, send friend invites. you can just use the community to see who else is online playing and see if maybe they want to play.

elvie
Jan 17, 2009
Getting the last few PS4 trophies I needed (hardcore ones), just killed Marthall, started into adventure mode.... Proceeded to doze off and died at level 68. Love it!

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Quote-Unquote posted:

Well, I reached 108 on the leaderboards, got 100% of the non-conquest challenges (done two of those) and only have three things left to do to complete the whole season journey:
- Complete a T13 rift in under 4 minutes (maybe doable with a good group)
- Three gems to 70 (probably doable, I can just about solo a 70 grift)
- Complete one more conquest

The last one is probably not gonna happen. I need to complete the entire story mode in an hour (lol, fat chance), master 7 more set dungeons (lol, doing 1 was bad enough) or kill all bosses in 20 minutes on T10 (maybe doable with a good group of 4, take 4 bosses each, stop for nothing and pray)

I think I'll end up staying with my Conqueror portrait frame and not getting the Guardian one.

T13 rift is super doable with over 2m dps. Just keep fishing for a good rift, like the dungeons or the graveyard that has 100 percent rift bar in one map and clear it. I did it with two people.

The conquest one you just need a dh with chain of shadows, or an aether walker wizard. Have your buddy search for the Long haul bosses (ie Adria, Spider Queen, etc) and set up an anchor, while a boss killer one shots the other bosses. Last season I did it with two people also

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong
So I rolled a seasonal witchdoctor to get the last conquest I need for the season challenges, 2 set builds to solo a gr 55. Any wd talk to me about what to aim for?

Metal Meltdown
Mar 27, 2010

xxEightxx posted:

So I rolled a seasonal witchdoctor to get the last conquest I need for the season challenges, 2 set builds to solo a gr 55. Any wd talk to me about what to aim for?

A more experienced WD can chime in, but my kneejerk response is to aim for a Gargantuan build. It's a strong build that synergizes with two sets (Zunimasa and Helltooth). In rough priority order, you want Small Mans finger ring, Mask of Jeram voodoo mask, Tasker and Theo gloves, Lakumba's Ornament bracers and the Sacred Harvester sacrificial knife. You'll also need a royal ring cubed to wear everything necessary, but if you're going for the final conquest you likely already have that covered.

Honestly, you probably only need the ring and mask if you're just aiming to push 55. Any of those other items will just be gravy. You could also aim for a ring of emptiness and wormwood staff with the haunt belt, but that's serious overkill for a 55.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.
Oh hey, I've been playing the heck out of this on Xbone. My gamertag is jodaixd. I just got the fourth part of season journey done so I have my demon Hunter set up with marauder stuff and I did the keywarden quests too. I just need to level up a gem to 25 and I'll be on to the next set of seasonal challenges.

I played this a ton on Xbox 360 and loved it but there's so much more to the game now.

jodai fucked around with this message at 06:27 on May 7, 2017

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

I don't even know how I managed to play the ps3 vanilla version as much as I did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong
Someone give me a good class/build suggestion for my first attempt at hc.