Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://clips.twitch.tv/jonbams/PricklyHamsterPJSalt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

I remember the time my parents punished me by having my sister play super mario 3 in front of me and just jumping into pits, the memory still pisses me off today

help

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I remember the time my parents punished me by having my sister play super mario 3 in front of me and just jumping into pits, the memory still pisses me off today

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'm glad that lovely-rear end GBS drove all the extremely sincere old-style posters to Imp Zone.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm glad that lovely-rear end GBS drove all the extremely sincere old-style posters to Imp Zone.

Yep. We all love your posting around here :D

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

Yep. We all love your posting around here :D

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

This is unbelievable.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Lol. I bet GBS would love this story

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Please be kind to E Equals MC Hammer.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

rediscover posted:

Lol. I bet GBS would love this story

GBS is dead and should remain that way.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

net cafe scandal posted:

Please be kind to E Equals MC Hammer.

I'm going to be mean to him and flame him every chance I get. I'm sorry it has to be this way

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

rediscover posted:

I'm going to be mean to him and flame him every chance I get. I'm sorry it has to be this way

gently caress.....RIP i guess

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

What the actual gently caress

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
is this thing cool?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lolling about that insane punishment

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

sector_corrector posted:

is this thing cool?

if you want enough of the games on it, yes

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

sector_corrector posted:

is this thing cool?
It's "$50 if you have plenty of disposable income" cool. The neat factor wears off pretty quickly when you realize it's literally just an emulator and locked noms via HDMI.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
The controller is probably the coolest part of it. It's crazy how it feels exactly like a regular NES controller.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Been hearing reports the controller is coming up short actually

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bill Barber posted:

It's "$50 if you have plenty of disposable income" cool. The neat factor wears off pretty quickly when you realize it's literally just an emulator and locked noms via HDMI.

I realized that when they announced they were releasing an emulator with packaged in locked roms and HDMI support.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

its decent value if you consider how much they charge for each game on the eshop, but i dont want to play most of the games

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i thought it would be fun to play double dragon with my childhood friend with orignal style nes controllers, but its too much money for that novelty

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

you can do that on a PC with usb NES controllers that cost like 8 bucks a piece. i bought a snes one and it feels identical to an actual snes controller

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

HORMELCHILI posted:

you can do that on a PC with usb NES controllers that cost like 8 bucks a piece. i bought a snes one and it feels identical to an actual snes controller

then i need to plug my pc into my tv

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

then do it bitch!!!

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

HORMELCHILI posted:

then do it bitch!!!

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

my hard drive is broken

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i might get it for my mom for christmas. she always liked our regular nes as kids, and an emulator is a little too much for her.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

smdh at this guy finding every excuse not to play classic nintendo games

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

[over the sounds of a microwave oven being violently dismantled] That's pretty cool that an electronic engineer figured out how to run mario on one but unfortunately I think there's a problem with this thing's power supply

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Control Volume posted:

smdh at this guy finding every excuse not to play classic nintendo games

i play them on my wii u

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Wii U VC emulation is way worse than NES Classic

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Control Volume posted:

[over the sounds of a microwave oven being violently dismantled] That's pretty cool that an electronic engineer figured out how to run mario on one but unfortunately I think there's a problem with this thing's power supply

heh

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

[control volume, after carefully reading and fully comprehending that i would rather an all in one package that just works since i need to fix my computer which involves getting a new hardrive and reinstalling the entire os, having to also buy a micro hdmi cable, buy 2 special pc nes controllers, then carry my pc to the lounge room and set it up with my tv] jesus is this guy is some kind of nerd

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

The twelve labors of trying to jack off, as decreed by PC emulation: Nr 1: The Nemean HDMI line

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Control Volume posted:

The twelve labors of trying to jack off, as decreed by PC emulation: Nr 1: The Nemean HDMI line
:yikes:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Control Volume posted:

Your a home.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Control Volume posted:

pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Control Volume posted:

Wormskull posted:

Your a home.

rediscover posted:

pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppn

You people are talking nonsense.

• Locked thread