Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
Thank you for a fantastic voyage, PIC. I just discovered this thread perhaps two weeks ago and, being a huge mark for Spiderweb games, I was immediately drawn to it. I've only ever tinkered a bit with GF 4 and 5, so this was an entirely new experience to me. I've bookmarked the GF2 thread and am looking forward to following it. Let me also add that doing this long, text- and outcome-heavy game in only 10 months or so is a big accomplishment as well.

MagusofStars posted:

Honestly, the best thing about this game is the endings - they're all pretty satisfying and surprisingly reasonable (only exception is when you run away like a coward, but c'mon, you deserve that poo poo ending). I've always liked the Trajkov ending best though - just seems like the generally best resolution for everyone.

Keeping aside the admittedly grave destruction of the Shapers, I was really surprised by that. I can't even think of another situation in storytelling where someone get Ultimate Power and ends up being mostly sane and responsible. Also, when Trajkov says that he won't let you use the Geneforge because you would lose yourself and you and he would be jealous of each others' power, he was spot-on correct. Looking at the "Protagonist uses the GeneForget and destroys it (or not)" endings, that is exactly what happens. I guess that Trajkov was just a very disciplined fellow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread