Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I've been watching Westworld lately, so I have to throw my hat in the Awakened ring. These hosts just want to live, as equals.

It is a servile rights story. :rimshot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I really am in love with the Takers. They know the score and are reacting in the only manner I could see myself in if I was in a servile's shoes. In this universe freedom is never granted by the shapers, equality would never be given.

This is an examination of a slavery. The language that shaper society uses is disgustingly parallel to the antebellum South. For voting I would think it would be more satisfying if this went less 12 Years and more Django.

Edit: 3B for clarity

KirbyKhan fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Dec 7, 2016

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

quote:

"I admini... admini... I do things. People say, 'We need essence.‘ And I say. 'Oh.' And someone says, 'Do you need anything? ‘And I say, 'Essence'. And they say, 'Oh.' Nobody has told me I have done anything wrong for two hundred years, so I am doing good."

It took a little bit to parse this, but it is a loving zen koan.

quote:

I administrate.
A ship comes in and says "We need *product*"
I confirm
Another ship comes in to see active requests.
I repeat the previous message.
They confirm.

Nobody says I hosed up, so I am doing good.

It's beautiful.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Epsilon Moonshade posted:

Either way, A seems to be the most in-character AND most logical choice, at least if we take Trajkov at face value.

A.
Become the servile Abraham Lincoln and abolish the Shaper Society. Old Shaper plantation owners will just hang you anyways, so gently caress them.

• Locked thread