Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Good luck completing the LP without getting burned out / tired of the outdated mechanics. I really want (finally, after so many failed LPs) to see how the story unfolds, so feel free to skip minor details if you're getting bogged down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

"It means thatl defend the serviles here from all threats.

Listen careful what you sayr

lf l do, lwill be punished harshly.

Join us, help us, and you mayr shar

Your wanderings take you to the west side of Vakkiri villiage,

"l am sure many:r here

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

happy to see you in the morninig

Solution and the fyorafriends have.

lwill only share my deadliest knowledge

You meet a quiet. shy servile.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

"Satan" is a pretty good one from the text capture program! I'm not sure how a "w" became "ta," but there you have it. The weird spaces, letter l for capital I substitution, and periods where commas should be stem from that; the program seems kinda error-prone, but it's still much faster than manually transcribing the game text. Next update will get a run through a grammar checker so I don't miss any more of these errors, since my proofreading isn't catching everything. Onward and upward! Quality! :sun:
At least the program doesn't insist on transcribing Geneforge "d"s as "cl"s. I had to deal with so many clowns sneaking into the Sorcery LP...

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

I thought that Avernum 1-2 (the re-remake) and Avadon 1-2 were pretty good, but couldn't play any of the other games in the series (except for Avernum 6, which is basically a beta for the re-remake). Would recommend those though.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Just how many of the various "come attack those rogues with me, servile" "no. :effort:" conversations could have had a positive outcome if our Leadership / relationship with the faction was better?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

You can literally have a computer program produce variations on a basic theme in order to create something like the soundtrack for Arcanum.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

mauman posted:

5 for the skills (worth it for the agent IMO, not anybody else)
?
What kind of skills that don't get purchased via skill points?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Also, voting 5 for the thread rating.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

Also, if anyone reading has an account on the LP master list, can you update our listing so the "genre" section says RPG? Or if specific subgenres are desired there, sci-fi tactical RPG, and maybe note that it's a narrative & completionist run.
Done. Though that's stuff that doesn't show until you expand the entry and most folks don't bother.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

By intention or not, there doesn't seem to be any one real-world culture that the Shapers can be mapped to - Shaper names we see in the later games include Greta and Shanti, so yeah - Goettsch could be a reference to some real world name, or just a rando fantasy name.
By way of contrast, all the Sholai names are old-fashioned Russian / Slavic.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

I've got two(ish) Lit degrees and I'm a bit of a sci-fi fan, but this is the first time I've heard of "soft sci-fi" referring to "soft sciences". (Alternately, that particular usage was so esoteric that it was completely eclipsed by the more common one)

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

"It lacks into place". Locks, probably?

Though it was transcribed the same way twice over, so I dunno.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

I was just thinking I needed to include some typos so you could comment and then I could ask you if you're on the hype train for the new triple X movie!
?

Oh. Wrong Xander.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Night10194 posted:

Our puppies are dead! :smith:
They've been sent to the great big farm on the mainland. They can run around, hunt rogues and never ever get burned apart by turrets.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

So the serviles out here see them as benefactors, almost. At least more harmful than helpful.

When you first experienced the poisoned wastes, you suspected Shaper wastes that were badly stored.
Also, I understand that you can now access the worst ending by stealing a boat and just sailing away? Will you be saving all the endings for a final post, or showing them off as we gain access?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

"I'm trying to find a boat. Where can I find one?" you ask. You hope her answer is the same as the Sholai rebels'.

Not the same, probably?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

"I am Gawila," he says, as you struggle to clear your mind.

Your current creatures are maily young,

Maybe you s hould be glad

She turns and stalks off, probably to lookfor

The book is an old Shaperjournal

Is it actually possible to kite rogues and Sholai patrols into each other?

Also, the Geneforge wiki claims Gavrila is female (though the name is male)

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Feb 28, 2017

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

I actually got really, really sick the same day I last posted! And now I'm making last minute preparations for an extended overseas trip, so I probably won't be able to update until I return at the end of the month.

Basically, PAX plague is real and norovirus sucks, never get them back to back. It was only slightly less awful than a super flu. :(
Hope you feel better.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

How's your health?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

We didn't get those faulty gloves to not get someone to shove their arms into the GeneMagicSplooge (tm).

C

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Getting the information about Donnette leaving should probably come before asking why she left.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Reiterating a question - can you kite Sholai and rogues into each other, and will they blend fight?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Good LP, looking forward to Geoforge 2, mostly because that's the only Spiderweb game I haven't played / seen LP'd.

(Well, maybe Nethergate and the original Avernums, but I understand those were forgotten for a reason)

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

One "I am new restored" and a few "socold" when it's probably not intended in the update.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

There goes the neighborhood. Sorry, Narsu and Solyony. You were all right.
Guess he... finally has something to be salty about.

quote:

Rydell pops like a sack of rotten potatoes.
Who's Rydell?

Also "Trajkoy" in the final rebel note.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

berryjon posted:

Yay! Onward to more bio-engineering!

Don't burn yourself out, please.
What they said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Do different endings get different ending slides, or are they the same generic pictures regardless?

• Locked thread