Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Finally caught up with this thread; really glad someone's giving this game another go. It's a great setting and even if the mechanics of the game are very rough it's still pretty fun. Considered doing a run of it myself at a few points, but considering how I generally peter out 50-60% of the way through the game WITHOUT having to do writeups of what I did while playing, I figured I shouldn't bother.

Are we going to have the easter egg(s) on the title screen shown off at some point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

On the late side, but I'm voting for 5 as well. Powergaming ho!

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

Here's an extremely professionally made gif showing a cute and not especially hidden easter egg from the title screen.

I definitely didn't waste a sizeable chunk of the afternoon trying and failing to get the Steam version of Geneforge to go into windowed mode, and I certainly wasn't defeated by VirtualDub while trying to capture video. :downsgun:

There's more to this!

If you click on one of the spawned things, it'll despawn, letting you click the pad for another random spawned thing. If you do this until all the spawned creatures are of the same type, you get a goofy quote displayed in the bottom right, with the quote changing depending on the creature type.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

Yeah, I just totally lost my mind at manually screencapping it all and couldn't take it anymore. Utterly defeated by Geneforge. :cripes:

Fair enough! I saved screenshots of two of them while I was testing to make sure I properly remembered that the quotes change from monster to monster, and if you'd like I can probably sit down and screengrab the rest this weekend.

Apologies for turning this into a CIA document, everyone.

• Locked thread