Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Can I just say that I love the way you are approaching the setting? It would be easy to have your character be like "Oh man, you guys are slaves and we treat you like poo poo, that is super bad", but that's really not what any of the possible characters initial reactions should be.

I really should get back to my playthrough, even if I need to cheat some better stats to finish it. I don't want to move on to the next game until I've finished this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
None of these groups should be trusted. No, not even the Obeyers, for reasons we have yet to see (since we haven't actually met them yet). Can I vote Neutral with a side of Mastermind this poo poo and play everyone against everyone else?

As a side note, our canister addiction is a little concerning, but I'm sure we can quit whenever we want.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

wiegieman posted:

You don't even really need the int if you're just cranking out fire creations. Just let them go crazy.

I've had them turn rogue on me when doing that before.

Getting killed by a party member is a real kick in the dick.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Just started playing Geneforge 2, decided to skip ahead to the next game since I already spoiled myself on how this one ends.

Not going to post any spoilers, but I feel like Vogel did a better job of introducing the mechanics right away at the beginning in this sequel. Like, I would probably recommend people start with 2 first, then go back to 1 after, and I've only played it for about an hour compared to the... many I've played of the first.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Fyora are by far the most adorable murderbeasts.

I just wish they didn't feel so gimped in GF2.
:negative:

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

MagusofStars posted:

Remember all the way back in the first update when Solution was surprised by the canisters? The common way of learning actually is typical learning/training. The reason it's rare in the game is because we're on a Barred island where nobody is supposed to ever visit.

I don't think any actually. Solution's leadership is very high for this part of the game. In fact, it's nearly as high as it needs to be for anything in the entire game. However, all of the times that people have come to help thus far were actually successful leadership checks.

Can't really say much about the canisters due to spoilers, but I will say that one should consider how an organization that we already know prefers to jealously guard its secrets should feel about knowledge that doesn't really have to be earned through effort or wrapped in philosophy about the hows, whens, and why's of its use.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

vdate posted:

Out of curiosity, are XP rewards calculated based on average party level in Geneforge 2? A lot of things that gave 10-50 XP beforehand ended up giving 1 after making my new Cryoa pal.

FFS, is that why I'm not getting any experience anymore? Goddammit Vogel!

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
^ This is correct, but they also have their own internal rules about poo poo you do not do.

As someone who's only played this one a bit past the LP and only some of 2, I'm rather curious about certain aspects of the setting. Specifically, some of the things other shapers have said suggests that the Shapers wield the political power they do because they are the only ones who can create or recreate life in previously uninhabitable areas. Am I right in gleaning from that information that this setting is essentiallly post-post-apocalyptic? Like the world got wrecked and the Shapers do what they do because they are trying to put it back together?

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
That's funny. Based on the sprite I assumed they were hobbit-like, IE shorter human-like creatures.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Finally caught back up with the thread. I have an Artilla that hasn't been killed yet? Thanks PiC!

Glad to see play all sides won, it would have been my vote.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Blitzed the thread over the last few days, shocked as hell that my little Artila is not only the last of the Old Guard, but has somehow managed to not explode into a pile of guts like his fellows. Though to be fair some of that is because Artilas are pretty good at staying back from the front line where things can't punch them to death.

Looking forward to you getting back into this, I never did get around to finishing my own playthrough.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Glad to hear you're doing better.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
C. The only person Solution trusts with power is Solution. And she's not all that sure about her herself, but better the devil you know, right?

Right.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
AB.

I wish there was an option to destroy the Geneforge after using it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

The Shapers who went after us to clean things up took care of them!

Probably!

Look, little RickVoid is happy on that farm now. Creations love being outside. They can play out there! Hunt ornks! Run free!

My Little Artilla helped Solution get home. That's good enough for me. :unsmith:

• Locked thread