Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
The world "Artila" caught my eye while scrolling through the forum a couple of days ago. Oh cool, a Geneforge LP? And written by a 'domer too!

Now I'm all caught up and you've just passed the furthest I've ever got in this game - not for lack of will, but because it mysteriously seems to eat my saves whenever I leave off playing for a few months :mad: So I will be following this keenly.

Really enjoying the writing so far, OP. If you get the opportunity to name some tanky creation "Maugrim" I'll be very happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Absorb.

Getting too attached to one's creations is yet another sign that we are not cut out to be a true Shaper. It is important to maintain the correct emotional distance.

And move down the names list faster.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Cryoas, South Workshop and Power Station.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

mauman posted:

Good ole' magical radiation.

Guess we know why half of the island is a wasteland now :downs:

Actually, we found out in the previous update that half the island is a wasteland because of the Shaper ancestors' uncontrolled, haphazard shaping attempts. I get the impression the South Workshop just compounds this, stacking poison on existing poison in a more local area.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
drat, since I couldn't be a Cryoa I was hoping my Glaahk self would at least stay alive a while. There's a reason I didn't vote for these crypts :v:

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Ooh, this continued! And now I am caught up again. Pool Is Closed, thank you and congratulations for finishing the whole drat game. Having read this I'm really keen to see more from the same series; I mean, I do own the games, but a small, demanding child ensures I will never have time to do them justice.

In the meantime, very much looking forward to the Geneforge ending, which I would have voted for.

P.S. to a Brit, the claim that "Glaahk" could ever be pronounced like "Glock" is bizarre.

Maugrim fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jun 26, 2017

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

ulmont posted:

I know I'll regret this, but how do brits pronounce "glaahk"?

Pretty much as Americans do. The more pertinent question would be how we pronounce "Glock" (with a very short o that afaik doesn't really exist in US speech - pronunciation example here https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/glock )

Maugrim fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Jun 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Xandor TikRoth posted:

Just finished reading the LP and drat... Pool, you're doing the Lord's work.

I own almost all of Spider Software's games, and I've played a handful of them for a few hours. It was so great to see this one get played through to completion, and even going as far as to show off the other endings! Truly masterful.

Looking forward with great anticipation to the next LP.

The next LP has begun and is linked in one of PIC's earlier posts in case you missed that!

• Locked thread