Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
Good Luck!

You'll need it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berryjon
May 30, 2011

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

:ohdear: Don't scare me like that. I've played through this whole series! I'm ready! Right?

I just don't want to see you burn out. Geneforge isn't the most LP friendly game, and if you look at the previous attempts, they rarely get past the next area or two.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

Sorry, berryjon.

Eh, I've swept enough mines in my time the hard way to completely understand.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

Long term, I'd like to LP the whole Geneforge series, but that's a hell of a commitment so I'm not making any promises. I gotta get us through 1 first.

If you do - PACE YOURSELF. I'm in the middle of a multi-week hiatus, and I've been working on the Trilogy for over three years now.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

Exile is like torment mode! You're coming up on it being a month since the last update, right?

e. that's not a criticism at all btw, LPing those is probably the everest of RPGs

Yep. About that. Picked up a new job, and a couple other projects to help my time. But I have made progress on the next update, and once that's out the door, I should be back in the game.

And I wouldn't call them the 'Everest'. Maybe the K2?

berryjon
May 30, 2011

ABSORB: They have served us well, let their essence join with their successors in order to pass along their superior characteristics. We loose their current forms, certainly, but they are replaced by those who owe their existence to them.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

4. We are a Shaper. They are Serviles. As interesting as this experiment in isolation is, we have greater things in mind than playing their politics. Like the Outsiders who are trespassing. Once they are dealt with, then Solution can look into getting off this island, and resolving any lingering issues.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

:same: I might try Nethergate at some point, I've just put it off because... reasons?

Because it's probably the worst Spiderweb software game out there? Even Vogel doesn't like talking about it, and has no plans to come back and remaster it.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

(:cripes: I am writing fanfic interspersed with screenshots.)
How do you think I've gotten this far with the Exile trilogy? Don't worry, you're not doing anything wrong.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

Taking a bath after stealing from the bath-house owner? Not the worst lethal mistake you could go for, but certainly in line with Vogel's earlier works.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

Piezo crystals and genetic engineering are two parts of their multidisciplinary approach to ultimate power.

Fractal Crystals, Fractal DNA manipulation....

Where's Ian Malcom when you need him? ;)

berryjon
May 30, 2011

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

The challenge dungeon was a delicious bloodbath.

But does Solution share that opinion?

berryjon
May 30, 2011

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

We've only just reached the halfway point, too. This (wholly optional!) dungeon is designed to punish completionists. (e. see above post for evidence! :hehe:)

If ever there was a reason to import Quickfire into this game series, this would be it. Seal off the entrance, set the fire, wait out everything to burn to death, XP be damned, then dealing with the Quickfire damage is easier to handle than constant combat as you cross the map.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I could have sworn this is where you get that ... special cannister relating to the enemies here, but I must be mistaken.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

Sheeple, wake up!

We can shape ORNKS now.

But not the exploding kind, alas.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

...there is, in fact, a boat, even when Solution has to murder her way to it.

Fixed that for you. ;)

So, now that Solution is a Taker, where are you planning on going next?

berryjon
May 30, 2011

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

The game's really taunting you with all those used canisters. The things were nowhere nearly as densely-packed on your half of the island.

It's also a warning that the Sholai are being just as proactive as the player at getting the Canisters. Except there are more of both of them up this way.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

As a fellow Spiderweb Software LP'er, I wish you the best of health. These games are dense in many ways, and making a good LP, as you have done, can take a lot out of you. Take breaks when you have to, and you can finish it off, better than before!

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I see the images, no problem.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

C and B.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

Huh, three Spiderweb Software games have their LPs finished already this year.

Not bad at all!

I suppose it also goes to show just how popular these games really are that people will make multiple attempts at them, despite previous failures. Vogel should be proud of his fanbase.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

Epsilon Moonshade posted:

berryjon did it with Exile 2/3

Because I am a madman who is mad, and had enough narrative leeway to justify Art in all three games. Geneforge isn't so accommodating. In fact, I'm pretty sure 4's protagonist was designed to have no connection to any of the other games.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

Name? Job? Virtue?

Solution. Finding Solutions. Patience. ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berryjon
May 30, 2011

Yay! Onward to more bio-engineering!

Don't burn yourself out, please.

• Locked thread