Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
I'm surprised that ended as well as it did, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
Yeah, it's definitely possible to screw up the Heustess bit, or at least miss it, because the only part of this area I remember is the explosive Ornks and the Ornk Demigod. I think I just did that and then got the gently caress out of dodge.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

I suspect Solution is part Drayk herself, considering her huge hoard. :v:

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Does allying with the Takers at this point really lead to any further rewards than those two canisters? Also, are there further rewards for, for instance, killing Ellrah, than just becoming friends with the Takers?

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

It's great getting to see stuff, since this was something I missed(and which is easy TO miss), because I ended up murdering all the Takers rather than allying with them.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Considering how most of the Sholai aren't really capable of extended conversations, either due to linguistic difficulties or canister-induced insanity, it feels a bit like it was expected few players would choose this path. So less effort was done to spruce it up with varied content.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Good to see this LP back on track! Looking forward to the exciting conclusion.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

C

But also betray Goettsch. That seems in-line with the choices made so far.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Either LPix fixed itself just this instant, or I somehow forced the pictures to load anyway. :v: When I first checked the thread, they were dead, then when I refreshed after reading the comments, they popped in.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

AB

REAL ULTIMATE POWER and KILL GOETTSCH.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Just another three votes and it's even! I like how basically everyone wants Goettsch dead, though.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

You should've seen the rough draft for real ultimate murder! :black101:

Thank you guys for taking part.

Now I'm trying to decide if I'll LP G2 next or if I'll do a different Spiderweb game in the meantime.

Personally I'm voting for G2.

Also, any chance of seeing some of the other ending screens? I haven't been able to find a good source for seeing all of the various endings for G1.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

The only Geneforge game that didn't catch me was 3, personally. And I haven't dove into 5 yet, because I marathoned through 1 and 2, got about halfway through 3 before giving it up, then marathoned 4, so I was a bit burnt out by the time I got to 5.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Do the Sholai actually pop up again in the later games? I remember mentions of Trajkov, but I don't recall actually meeting any of the Sholai themselves, or anyone who mentions them outside of him. Maybe it's just been too long since I played them.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

I like the "good" ending for the Awakened, they're canny enough to carve themselves a niche. Shame it won't last when all the Shapers are melted by Trajkov.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Even more places I never saw when I played! I'm pretty sure I would've remembered the Icewall. How did I miss that?

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Remora posted:

Who the gently caress "identifies" with the MC of a Let's Play to begin with? :crossarms:

You know, I'd think that for most people, the challenge wouldn't be identifying with the name, it'd be identifying with the equivalent of someone who picks up mysterious syringes in alleyways and abandoned labs, then shoots up with them mostly to see what happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Looking forward to the G2 LP, this one was a real treat!

• Locked thread