Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Random_Username posted:

Honestly, I'm kind of worried we've hit the point we're unkillable. Not dying and not absorbing means we might be stuck with this arguably effective, if a bit boring loadout. No ornks, no drayks, not even the upgraded artilas to replace rickvoid.
This is actually the exact reason I voted for cold-blooded absorbing when we voted. Unless a specific creation gets single-targeted by all mobs, they're pretty sturdy at this point.

That said, I'd guess that PIC will show off the others we missed even if it's in a little bonus montage or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

I only hit the albuterol inhaler every third day now!
Been there, done that (for major asthma attacks in my case). For a while, I had the nebulizer kind of albuterol where you sort of slowly inhale too. That was actually weirdly relaxing. Not just for the obvious "easier to breathe", but just having like 20-30 minutes of basically doing nothing and just calmly breathing.

MagusofStars fucked around with this message at 23:56 on May 30, 2017

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

StrixNebulosa posted:

:woop:

I am thrilled to see this back! Hope you're feeling better!

Time to reread the entire LP. :getin:

Thirded.

Looking forward to finally seeing one of these completed.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

I think it's pretty clear that Solution has no real loyalty to the Shapers. Trajkov seems significantly more stable than anyone else on the island (possibly including Solution), has experience with leadership and power, and has very clearly and logically thought out the situation and his plan of action. Therefore, Solution needs to Cooperate with Trajkov because it's the best of a bunch of uncertain futures.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

I'm going to (try to) post all the endings I know of for G1, since there are so many.

I must admit that 2 isn't my favorite in the series, but we will see why when the time comes.
Really? I actually love 2. Though part of it is because it is *significantly* less punishing to play than 1 simply because you have far more options available to you.

For the endings, I can think of at least six different ones off the top of my head, though there might even be 1-2 more than that.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Xander77 posted:

Good LP, looking forward to Geoforge 2, mostly because that's the only Spiderweb game I haven't played / seen LP'd.

(Well, maybe Nethergate and the original Avernums, but I understand those were forgotten for a reason)
The original Avernums were forgotten because they were almost exactly the same as the Exile series. You had 4 PCs instead of 6 (not really a positive) and the word "Exile" was find-and-replaced by "Avernum", but otherwise the game was virtually identical, it just worked on newer PCs. So they don't really stick out. The newest remakes (e.g., Avernum: Escape from the Pit) at least feel a bit different because the entire skill system was rebuilt from the ground up in a Diablo 2-esque skill tree.

Nethergate just was kinda awkward all over. It was a standalone game, so it didn't get nearly the usual build-out in terms of story. It let you see the entire game/story from either side of the conflict, which was cool, but resulted in the game being notably shorter than usual spidweb games so it's kinda short on truly memorable moments. The game itself is fairly engaging and fun to play, so I'd definitely recommend checking it out (the remade "Resurrection" version, more specifically), it's just not very memorable. Solid-but-unspectacular is probably the best description I can give you.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Basically, it's a degraded copy of Exile with prototypes of some functionality that would get refined in the Geneforge series and later reremakes. If you want the Exile experience, play Exile. If you want the smoother UI, play the reremakes.
This is right on the money. That said, the second trilogy of 4-6 has a well-received continuation and conclusion of the storyline and had most of the mechanical awkwardness with smoothed out since he was building them from scratch (especially in 5 and 6, which introduced a lot of interesting new battle mechanics). So if you've never seen 4-6, they're definitely worth playing - particularly since there won't be any remakes of those for at least 5 years, if not more.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

PurpleXVI posted:

Do the Sholai actually pop up again in the later games? I remember mentions of Trajkov, but I don't recall actually meeting any of the Sholai themselves, or anyone who mentions them outside of him. Maybe it's just been too long since I played them.
They do, but not till near the end of the series and it's a very minor and easily missable role.

Basically it's a couple diplomats / representatives who say Trajkov was just one captain out of many and so the rest of the Sholai are working to form a little trading route with the Shapers.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

I think it's assumed that given time to deal with it, Trajkov eventually either creates new gloves or finally succeeds in breaking Goettsch. Remember that Trajkov has the research facilities, more food production, more canisters, an alliance with the Takers and more minions. He's holding most of the cards in the stalemate.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

If you wish to destroy the Geneforge, a sufficient mechanics score will let you deactivate the four crystal pylons in the chamber. You can also try smashing the spirals, but I recommend against it!
IIRC, if you have the control rod, you can use that to destroy the Geneforge without any hassles regardless of your mechanics score.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

wiegieman posted:

Geneforge 2: You Cannot Unring a Bell
This is the correct answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Honestly, the best thing about this game is the endings - they're all pretty satisfying and surprisingly reasonable (only exception is when you run away like a coward, but c'mon, you deserve that poo poo ending). I've always liked the Trajkov ending best though - just seems like the generally best resolution for everyone.

Also, for those of you who plan on reading the future GF2 LP thread, keep the events and potential endings of this game in the back of your mind - there's some interesting oddities in the way future storylines treat the events on Sucia Island.

• Locked thread