Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chronische
Aug 7, 2012

Obeyers, you are makers of life. How can you let them suffer outside of your control?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronische
Aug 7, 2012

PurpleXVI posted:

Aw yis, Clawbugs! It's a shame I'm already a roamer, I'd have wanted to be a clawbug. All clickity clack and snap snap.

I forget, though, can clawbugs poison with their attacks?

Yes they can indeed, and it's stacking poison too I believe. Which is to say, each time you get poisoned it adds yet another tick. That makes getting stung a bunch effectively instant death, similar to the acid splash biz of the artilas. Clawbugs are fast, durable, and hard hitting. Very solid creations, and only outclassed by two others that I can think of. Three, sort of, but when we're talking superbeings the essence cost alone can make clawbugs better to have still.

Speaking of essence cost, that's quite a mix of creations. I usually go with maybe 1-2 hard hitters and the rest ranged (artila or fyoras, for instance) since combat tends to get really cluttered anywhere but a wide open plain. How much essence are you left with for blessings and the like, with that particular set?

Chronische
Aug 7, 2012

Getting access to all creations is gonna be rough! Even just hyper focusing on fire shaping as I did last time, I was having trouble near the end even with the souped up end game duders I had, so spreading more thin is going to be rather nightmarish.

Chronische
Aug 7, 2012

Absorb

They are tools, at the end of the day. Sometimes cute, sometimes more intelligent than others, but at the end of the day they are all no more than a thorn baton or living tool. Best to re-absorb them and create more immediately useful, powerful creations. It's a war you're fighting now, against the outsiders. You can't afford to show mercy or compassion, even to yourself.

Chronische
Aug 7, 2012

MagusofStars posted:

2. Sincerely join the Obeyers?
They have definitely skirted the line and pushed the boundaries, but they recognize the insanity of the Takers and the naivete of the Awakened and are trying to do the best they can to hold things together. The overall morality of serviles and their place in the order of things might be reasonably questioned, but an abandoned island filled with Shaper secrets and murderous outsiders is not really the place for a complete rejiggering of the social order. This is neither the time nor the place to completely go off the reservation and try to upend the entire planet.

Also, if you want to save the serviles, the Obeyers are really the only option. Supporting the Takers or Awakened is really just delaying the inevitable as the first thing the Shaper Council will do is to kill them with fire. :ssj:

This, absolutely. The Awakened are too weak and naive to really be of help, and are just as likely as the Takers to be obliterated when the Shapers inevitably have to respond to whatever's going on here (if there's another Shaper here, along with you, surely someone will notice soon?)

The Obeyers have had to do some terrible things, but considering how plentiful and vicious the Takers are (not to mention their outsider allies), they've done what they've had to do to survive. That, and the Takers are batshit insane, so anyone that fully opposes them is someone you should ally with.

Chronische
Aug 7, 2012

Glazius posted:

The docks... kinda seem like endgame material? Given they were guarded by probably the toughest thing you've got so far. But the island isn't even half explored yet.

Oh by no MEANS is it end-game material. You'll recognize end-game enemies when you see them, and while battle alphas are definitely up there, there's some REALLY nasty poo poo later on. Heck, some of the nastiest is not too far off the beaten path, but this is the way the story wants you to go. You should easily be able to handle this sort of stuff (especially if you've been replacing your creations, which you SHOULD)

Chronische
Aug 7, 2012

Oh god, the CRESCENTS and the PILLARS. That "puzzle" is a real pain in the rear end.

I don't think I ever properly solved the whole thing, so here's hoping I get to at least see it all done.

Chronische
Aug 7, 2012

FredMSloniker posted:

It's improbable, but I hope we get to find out what happened to the Shapers once they left. As the protagonist has noted, it's odd that we didn't know this island even existed. Did the other Shapers decide the Geneforge was too much of a temptation to even risk going back to destroy it and just murder everyone who knew it existed?

It's very likely they would do that. Maybe they can re-write memories too, though? Either way, I can't see them risking information about something so dangerous and powerful ever becoming public knowledge. As far as not destroying it, they didn't trust it but who knows? They might need it someday, if things get too out of hand for anyone but an Uber-Shaper to fix. Shapers seem to be very practical and while they wouldn't want any further tampering with the Geneforge, or spreading of the canisters, that doesn't mean they would just break them either.

Chronische
Aug 7, 2012

Oh god, the things in the Valley. SUCH a pain in the rear end to pin down.

Chronische
Aug 7, 2012

Delete all fyoras. Let cryoras have their time in the sun!

Chronische
Aug 7, 2012

vdate posted:

In my experience, Vlish also experience some problems in prolonged fights; they seem to consume a similar amount of energy per shot as artila. Thinking about it, do we now have access to all the creations (barring the level-3 'upgrade' versions)?

I don't think that the level 3 fire or magic shaping are available yet? You have to go deeper into the island for those, iirc.

Chronische
Aug 7, 2012

mauman posted:

I've missed a fair amount.

Anyways, I just wanted to say that the mines was the first location of my original shaper playthrough where I started to appreciate the virtues of a smaller party.

It will only get worse :negative:

Also, congrats on going Gold, you deserve it.

Rollin around with a squad of the tier 3 fire creations is the COOLNESS, especially their upgraded form. Even just 2-3 of those babies can wipe the floor with basically everything.

Chronische
Aug 7, 2012

vdate posted:

Absolutely agreed. But why bring three when you can have four? (Admittedly I have to chain-chug essence pods if I want to haste frequently but whatever.)

Personally I capped out my int to have as many as I could possibly have. Meant I never really had enough essence for buffs, but man, who needs buffs when you have 5 of those guys hanging around? Not like I wasn't swimming in the various spores by that point in the game, either.

Chronische
Aug 7, 2012

Cryoras, they are long LONG overdue!

Crescent stone mystery, since the game bugged on me so I could never finish it, then the South Workshop. Explore the entire rest of the island before progressing to end-game!

Chronische
Aug 7, 2012

A noble ornk steed, to carry you from place to place, rounding it all off.

Chronische
Aug 7, 2012

Night10194 posted:

C and let's also screw Goettsch when the time comes.

This. I can't see siding with either megalomaniacal liars working out well for anyone. The Geneforge should also be blown up, while you're at it, so no future outsiders get any bright ideas.

Chronische
Aug 7, 2012

Night10194 posted:

At the end, with all we have learned of the Canisters, and what it did to Trajkov (ironic that he talks of how foolish the others are to want more power while he grasps mightily at any chance for it himself), we can still turn away from this path. Destroy it, C

And leaving a mad shaper who believes he is king of all things to rule the island seems a poor idea. B, defeat Goettsch

This island was barred for a reason.

Absolutely this. Not only is the Geneforge entirely too tempting to leave behind, Goettsch has clearly fallen prey to the same malaise as the worst of the Sholai. Destroying him is vital, as he knows entirely too much and could use his knowledge to escape when he realizes the Geneforge is gone. The other Sholai I don't think are so skilled, and thus can be left for the other Shapers to deal with should they so choose.

Chronische
Aug 7, 2012

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

You should've seen the rough draft for real ultimate murder! :black101:

Thank you guys for taking part.

Now I'm trying to decide if I'll LP G2 next or if I'll do a different Spiderweb game in the meantime.

I hope you move onto G2, it's such an improvement in so many ways to the first one. A little harder to brute force, too!

Chronische
Aug 7, 2012

Aww HELL yeah! I'm an Ornk! I.. oh.

Oh.

Poor Ornks.

Those little guys could really put a hurt on you at the very, very beginning. Too bad there's no super Ornk canister, huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronische
Aug 7, 2012

Parts Kit posted:

For the folks who haven't played, Drayks are tough, have solid HP, and consistently put out triple digit damage with ranged fire breath attacks and melee bite attacks.

Several Terror Vlish can scare off enemies but a Drayk squad just plows through everything like a speeding train hitting a go-kart.

It's probably the most satisfying thing in the game, save high level agent instagib plays, to have a fleet of dragons at your beck and call steamrolling everything in their path.

• Locked thread