Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Digging the LP so far!

In hindsight, it seems kind of odd that the Shapers created the Serviles with the ability to create more Serviles. Everything else had to come out of a pit, like the rogues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Didn't even think of the Orkz. That makes sense.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

You're really cranking these out!

I really like the characterisation of the Obeyers. They live to obey the Shapers as long as the commands aren't too onerous.
The Oceans are wide and the Shapers are far away.

quote:

If the Awakened had tasks for you, there's no reason to expect the Obeyers to be difficult.
Do you mean "different"?

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Maintain

In battle or by absorption, dead is dead and essence is essence. Can you shape back your creation? Then do not be so eager to absorb them.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

5 Give the Serviles what they want, Yojimbo-style.

I get the feeling that we're on the Shapers' kill list no matter what.
So obviously, we need to set ourselves up as Queen of the island that Shapers do not visit, and it'll save time if you get rid of ambitious ones before their sudden but inevitable betrayals.

Can we get a skull volcano?

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I keep forgetting to volunteer for the lost of names. I'll do it now.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

C
Look, what's a couple betrayals and murders, on top of what we've already done? Nah, don't be lazy, finish what you start.

The Lone Badger posted:

Just start killing people until we tell you to stop.
Words of wisdom.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Thought - the Geneforge has never been tested. How do we know that that it even works? That's it's not just a boondoggle?

D B and wipe out the Sholai. No loose ends.

Keep the gloves. Study the Geneforge and reevaluate using them in ten years or so - the Geneforge isn't going anywhere and neither are you.

Also hire some Serviles to carve you a sweet skull mountain.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I'll switch from Leave It to Touch It.

It seems like the more entertaining choice.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Thanks for LPing this game!

Geneforge 2:
Why Do We Keep Making These Mistakes?
The Cause of, and Solution to, All of Life's Problems
The Shaping Hall at the End of the Universe

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Epsilon Moonshade posted:

If we're not carrying over Solution, the next protagonist should be named Precipitate. :v:
Solute

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Colloid.
Solution's clone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I gotta say, I think I like the Outer Heaven ending the most. Take the power, and if the others can't handle it, that's their problem, not yours.

• Locked thread