Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
Glad to see someone else has taken up the torch to tackle an LP of this game.

I burnt out pretty quickly but that was mainly because I was about to start another university degree and suddenly found myself with no time to complete it. That and uploading all them screenshots was starting to get to me. :(

Right now I'm just trying to finish Geneforge 2 for once, it's a lot harder than this one in my opinion. But I do love this game. Lot of upward momentum playing as a Shaper for sure. If you play the stats game well enough you'll find yourself pretty unstoppable.

That being said, good luck with that one area. You know the one I mean. Never been able to pull it off myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
The Shapers are right to be ultra protective of their powers, to prevent diseases and the events of Jurassic Park(the novel moreso than the film) and so forth. Unfortunately, as we will see, the Shapers are also kind of up themselves and while they wield their power conservatively the only really use it to selfish ends.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
Serviles seem to have a long grey snout like an anteater. Other than that, they're basically squat humanoids.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

Like Clockwork posted:

I really want to comment on "What even the gently caress is a Geneforge anyway" chat, but I know spoilers that would ruin everything and I don't know how to egg on speculation. :saddowns: Just know that I think it's a very good theory!

And yeah, all narrative LPs are fanfic to some degree; it's just the nature of the beast. I have a hard time telling apart what you added from the actual game writing, so it's not like it's bad fanfiction either.

e: Seconding the recommendations for the White Knight Chronicles and Drakengard LPs. They are extremely good reads.

Gene Forge. He's a cop.

• Locked thread