Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Post live about the Fall of Izzo, and the Rise of Self.

Or Michigan State will come back, I dunno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

big juicy nectarine posted:

Post live about the Fall of Izzo, and the Rise of Self.

Or Michigan State will come back, I dunno.

It's a 4 point game.

Also losing most of our tough non-conference schedule is what we do. It's all prep for March.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Gators playing like young dumb team

Canyon Barry shoots free throws like his dad

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Ehud posted:

Gators playing like young dumb team

Canyon Barry shoots free throws like his dad

I thought we were getting a third generation of Barrys but nope, Rick just kept pumping 'em out. Also Canyon is a loving horrendous name.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I feel like this is the first year in a long time I've tuned into an Arizona game and not known who multiple people were.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Rick posted:

I feel like this is the first year in a long time I've tuned into an Arizona game and not known who multiple people were.

This is how I am at the start of every college basketball season. The only reason I know who most of the MSU guys are is because this class was so hyped.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ehud posted:

we might lose to FGCU lol

Just kidding we won by a lot

Ehud fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Nov 12, 2016

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Miles Bridges is indeed good

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
UConn's gonna lose at home to Wagner.

I'd laugh but NC State just about lost to a very pesky Georgia State team.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Henchman of Santa posted:

This is how I am at the start of every college basketball season. The only reason I know who most of the MSU guys are is because this class was so hyped.

I try to keep up but it seems like I'll here guys are supposed to be here or there and then they don't end up there once the season actually starts.

I still find myself getting frustrated in the same way as Arizona last year, though. Arizona does some defense but just doesn't turn that defense into scores often enough. Although Bridges is destroying them.

Rick fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Nov 12, 2016

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

It's a 4 point game.

Also losing most of our tough non-conference schedule is what we do. It's all prep for March.

Yeah, I was just saying poo poo to get the thread started. Not surprising this game is close, though I am actually surprised Michigan State is losing, since Arizona usually bonks it.

And speaking of, clutch three.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Excellent bad shot by Tum Tum

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Holy poo poo.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Dang

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Miles Bridges is indeed good

infrastructure problems my rear end that John Oliver is full of poo poo

Scrode
Mar 6, 2002

It's about damn time...
Looks like IU is going to jack 3's all night. Great strategy.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Well they have the lead...

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Scrode posted:

Looks like IU is going to jack 3's all night. Great strategy.

Worked well for Villanova....

Is that Bilas, because I really want him to shut up.

DornerHorse
May 21, 2014

Chewie, we're Prohm
ISU perimeter defense should actually be good with Naz and Thomas out there - Morris is of course more than adequate. Just need to keep offenses outside of 15 feet or they will get crushed on rebounds.

A good offensive strategy against us may be to just jack up 3s and go rebound.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Lol, double foul called when the Kansas player flopped

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

RIP Account posted:

Lol, double foul called when the Kansas player flopped

Pays To Be Indiana In Bobby Knight's America.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

This game was kinda a combination of freshmen doing dumb stuff and Graham doing dumb stuff. KU's still in it, but I think Indiana has the win, but it's a respectable loss, if it happens.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Been a bit of bullshit here at the end.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

gently caress Kansas.

That's all.

e: if you still need a fix, Harvard and Stanford are playing each other in China because they gotta recruit some princelings.

Troy Queef fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Nov 12, 2016

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Troy Queef posted:

gently caress Kansas.

That's all.

Still want us to play ya this year? :kheldragar:

Not liking that perimeter defense at all going forward, seeing how that destroys Kansas so often in the tournament. But Josh Jackson looks good as hell for a frosh, and Frank Mason is the truth. And IU is my secondary rooting interest, so it's fine.

Still, day after my birthday, and I get this. :smith:

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

That game was fun as heck

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

DornerHorse posted:

ISU perimeter defense should actually be good with Naz and Thomas out there - Morris is of course more than adequate. Just need to keep offenses outside of 15 feet or they will get crushed on rebounds.

A good offensive strategy against us may be to just jack up 3s and go rebound.

Oh good, ISU still has a rebounding problem.

At least UCONN lost.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
No non-D1 wins on the first day, although it took Southern Miss 2 OTs to put away NAIA Tougaloo College. Beyond the Wagner upset at UConn: the Frank Haithization of Tulsa continued with an opening day home loss to Jacksonville State; Boston College has already lost to a sub-300 Kenpom team, Nicholls St; Hawaii somehow lost to SIU Edwardsville; and Penn State dropped one to Albany.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

elentar posted:

No non-D1 wins on the first day, although it took Southern Miss 2 OTs to put away NAIA Tougaloo College. Beyond the Wagner upset at UConn: the Frank Haithization of Tulsa continued with an opening day home loss to Jacksonville State; Boston College has already lost to a sub-300 Kenpom team, Nicholls St; Hawaii somehow lost to SIU Edwardsville; and Penn State dropped one to Albany.

I would argue that Albany has had a better program than Penn State for a while.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Ranked Wisconsin team did not lose to horrible opponent in home opener: already a massive improvement over last year.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Duke about to tip off Grand Canyon, always good when you can bring some legitimacy to scam institutions.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

elentar posted:

Duke about to tip off Grand Canyon, always good when you can bring some legitimacy to scam institutions.

Coached by Thunder Dan!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I'm at historic Hinkle Fieldhouse ready for my Bulldogs to take on the feared Northern Colorado Bears.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Yale beat Washington in Seattle.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Haas with 2 early fouls, 1 for Swanigan is bad news for Purdue

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Tonight's the start of the 24 Hour Tip-Off Marathon on ESPN2 and ESPNU, which is basically the best day ever.

Schedule is all in Eastern time because they matter more:
Mon, Nov 14 6 p.m. No. 4 UConn at No. 15 Florida State (women) ESPN2
8 p.m. No. 6 Texas at No. 10 Stanford (women) ESPN2
10 p.m. Princeton at BYU ESPN2
Tue, Nov 15 Midnight San Diego State at Gonzaga ESPN2
2 a.m. Green Bay at Pacific ESPN2
4:15 a.m. Florida Atlantic at Hawaii ESPN2
6:30 a.m. Niagara at Hartford ESPN2
8:45 a.m. Winthrop at Manhattan ESPN2
11 a.m. Longwood at Stephen F. Austin ESPN2
1:15 p.m. Dayton at Alabama ESPN2
3:30 p.m. No. 10 Oregon at Baylor ESPN2
7 p.m. State Farm Champions Classic (Madison Square Garden, New York): No. 3 Kentucky vs. No. 13 Michigan State ESPN
9:30 p.m. State Farm Champions Classic (Madison Square Garden, New York): No. 1 Duke vs. No. 4 Kansas ESPN

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
Why is Uconn allowing so many shots on the perimeter?

Why are they turning it over so much on transition?

Why are the men such dogshit?

More questions than answers in Storrs.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
PJ Thompson banks in a half court buzzer beater to go into halftime tied at 39. Nova can't stop Biggie Swanigan in the post and Purdue can't keep Nova's guards from getting to the rim.

Zochness
May 13, 2009

I AM James Bond.
Pillbug
Purdue is cool and good and I miss my days there :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.

PotatoJudge posted:

PJ Thompson banks in a half court buzzer beater to go into halftime tied at 39. Nova can't stop Biggie Swanigan in the post and Purdue can't keep Nova's guards from getting to the rim.

Fun game so far, should be a good 2nd half!

• Locked thread