Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

I am not sure it counts as a "LMAO" when they never should have been in this game to begin with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

alpha_destroy posted:

I am not sure it counts as a "LMAO" when they never should have been in this game to begin with.

It absolutely does when you lose like that.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
gently caress Mizzou aside, I wish an upset happened.

french toast
Jul 21, 2001
I EAT 3 CANADIAN CHILDREN EACH DAY!
After their spectacular meltdown against Maryland, Georgetown is down 19 at the half to Arkansas State.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

french toast posted:

After their spectacular meltdown against Maryland, Georgetown is down 19 at the half to Arkansas State.

And go on to lose by 6.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Michigan dunking on Marquette in the first half, they might score 50+ before halftime at this rate

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Iowa lost to a probably not very good Seaton Hall team. Generally looked really young. Lots of turnovers and missed free throws. The interior defense is pretty non-existant too. Tyler Cook and Pete Jok are both really good though.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

San Jose State is about to lose to Denver college, Boise got blown out by College of Charleston, and UNLV is coached by Marvin Menzies.

You thought the Mountain West was bad last year? Just you wait.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
This is the Mizzou team I was expecting

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Mike_V posted:

This is the Mizzou team I was expecting

:negative:

will we ever be good again?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Scorebug is broken for the Aggie game on SECN, I don't know how people lived without it back in the pre-90s dark ages.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
It is so so so strange hearing ESPN constantly talk about Michigan's unstoppable size and impressive defense

what on earth is happening

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Pulled over from N/V which I stupidly edited into

quote:

meanwhile NC State is struggling against Montana but I can't watch it so not sure if it's the normal stupidity or some special new kind. They are very short handed inside; Rowan is concussed or something and he could at least grab rebounds, and new god Kapita was left stateside because they weren't sure the US would let him back in. Even if they beat Montana, Creighton will gently caress them up tomorrow.

State pulled away in the second after they stopped turning it over every time down. Smith still has a bit of the yips but improving. Dorn looks like an absolute steal. Still losing to Creighton.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Purdue down 10 at home to Georgia St. Boilers can't hit anything, especially from 3. GSU foul trouble might bail them out, but they're running out of time with just over 12 to go.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

PotatoJudge posted:

Purdue down 10 at home to Georgia St. Boilers can't hit anything, especially from 3. GSU foul trouble might bail them out, but they're running out of time with just over 12 to go.

Purdue up 1 with 2:34 to go. They still can't hit from the field, but both GSU players over 6'8 have fouled out and every possession ends with Swanigan or Haas getting fouled.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
like 90% of you will probably never see him play but Tacko Fall (UCF) owns. He's 7'6" and has gotten a lot better from his freshman to sophomore year but he still has a ways to go. It's still great watching him bunny hop to dunk and block shots without leaving his feet.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

My buddy got me third row tickets behind the basket for IU-Liberty. This is cool as hell. I hope we beat the poo poo out of the fundies.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
WVU is currently tied with New Hampshire, lol

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Mizzou wins by 5 against a terrible Tulane team.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

ISU just set a school record of 130 points scored in a game, and more than doubled up on Citadel.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Michigan State is tied with FGCU in the final minute

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
We escaped the team formerly known as Dunk City by one point with a clock operator controversy to boot. Looks like free throw shooting is gonna be an Achilles Heel just like in 2014-15.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

State just getting blitzed by Creighton. Put up a fight for a while but missing three frontcourt players against a team that good inside was never going to work.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Henchman of Santa posted:

We escaped the team formerly known as Dunk City by one point with a clock operator controversy to boot. Looks like free throw shooting is gonna be an Achilles Heel just like in 2014-15.

3 plays in a row - the home cookin was good

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Regnevelc posted:

3 plays in a row - the home cookin was good

Spartan Bob: Basketball Edition

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/spark_sports_/status/800839349818388480
When that loud hittin

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Short-handed NC State does enough to beat St. Joe's. Meanwhile, Ole Miss is showing that any inside game whatsoever would have been enough to keep State in it against Creighton. Five more games till Yurtseven.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
ESPN3 keeps cutting to Doug Collins watching his son's Northwestern team play Texas and he's slamming a Corona (because the game's being played in an NBA arena)

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the wildcat is Hanging In There

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

well that was a fun 10 minutes

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the longhorn network is ridiculous

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

NU leading #22 Texas at halftime without any contribution from Vic Law. Not what I expected.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The Piper posted:

NU leading #22 Texas at halftime without any contribution from Vic Law. Not what I expected.

can't figure out why law was sitting the whole time in favor of nate "the matador" taphorn, but whatever.

e: oh, foul trouble

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Nov 22, 2016

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

oh no, the full court press. Northwestern's kryptonite.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

:stare:

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Brooklyn's Big Ten Team.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Texas player ejected for throwing a punch.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

WHAT THE gently caress IS GOING ON

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

THE loving WILDCAT IS ON THE MARCH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Northwestern Wildcat Basketball. NIT caliber since 2016