Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The Gators had a really good win against Seton Hall. It's the kind of game we would have lost at the free throw line last year. So far we are shooting 10% better this year from the line.

I am really happy with the addition of Canyon Barry and development of KeVaughn Allen. It's nice to have competent perimeter play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Ehud posted:

The Gators had a really good win against Seton Hall. It's the kind of game we would have lost at the free throw line last year. So far we are shooting 10% better this year from the line.

I am really happy with the addition of Canyon Barry and development of KeVaughn Allen. It's nice to have competent perimeter play.

I was thinking last night while watching the game that Canyon Barry is a very Duke name.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I fell asleep during the Arizona/Santa Clara game last night. How good is Arizona this year? I know they have some injuries, but the three minutes I saw they didn't look like world-beaters.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Virginia humiliating Iowa early on. Dunno what the ACC season will show but this year's UVA team is really well balanced so far.

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog
I'm really impressed with Fox and Monk early in the season for Kentucky.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

elentar posted:

Virginia humiliating Iowa early on. Dunno what the ACC season will show but this year's UVA team is really well balanced so far.

Iowa lost all but one of their real contributors from last year and are super young, they're gonna be doing well if they make the NIT this year.

That was an ugly beating though. Thankfully this game happened right after Iowa stomped the poo poo out of Nebraksa in football so no one is gonna notice or care

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
This Arizona-Butler game is a really good one.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
Baylor Bitch

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Why does this dude on Florida do granny shots for his FTs?

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
UNLV is putting up a decent fight against TCU. Interesting.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Well it looks like the refs are in Arizona's corner. Arizona defender runs into the back of Baldwin. Foul on Zona? No, it's a double dribble.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Lessail posted:

UNLV is putting up a decent fight against TCU. Interesting.

They lose which was expected. Suppose I should check out of keeping up with the team until the SDSU games since those are the ones that'll change my opinion of the coaching staff

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Amazing comeback by the Dawgs. This team has potential. If they don't do something this year, I think they'll make some waves next year with their Top 15 recruiting class.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I hate Lonzo Ball so much. Such an ugly shot form and yet it keeps. going. in.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Bryce Alford is the next Aaron Craft.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Dango Bango posted:

I hate Lonzo Ball so much. Such an ugly shot form and yet it keeps. going. in.

Lonzo Ball plays like a NBA Jam character come to life and I love him so much. I'm excited to be able to root for him without the Alford stink

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
South Carolina taking it to Syracuse late in the first, did not expect that.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Elentar, why isn't Dennis Smith Jr. better than Cat Barber? I want him to be better than Cat Barber.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

So uh, we just beat Cuse 64-50. Two consecutive double-digit wins over Top 25 teams. :stare:

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Mons Hubris posted:

Elentar, why isn't Dennis Smith Jr. better than Cat Barber? I want him to be better than Cat Barber.

He's pretty drat good already though and he hasn't had the practice and polish. He seems to get the yips a bit early in games but once it clears up he's generally the best on the court, that might still be true come ACC time. Illinois game will be a good marker.

Edit: never thought this would be the case but State really needs Rowan back in the mix. Dunno what the hell Abu is doing today.

elentar fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Nov 26, 2016

stump collector
May 28, 2007

RumbleFish posted:

So uh, we just beat Cuse 64-50. Two consecutive double-digit wins over Top 25 teams. :stare:

frank martin is the truth and i still admire him

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

NC State manages to hold off mighty Loyola of Chicago, DSJ with 30.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

elentar posted:

NC State manages to hold off mighty Loyola of Chicago, DSJ with 30.

Thanks Dennis!

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Always like it when a lower-division host wins a game at their own tournament; Alaska-Anchorage did that by beating Drake today.

In the unlikeliest D1 upset of the season so far (I think), BYU lost at home to Utah Valley State.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

this is his dad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tU88dxJKTHI

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

ooooh iowa state is so close.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

Matey posted:

ooooh iowa state is so close.

What a terrible set of possessions to end the game. They just chucked up 3s four times when they only needed two for the lead.

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

it's called pimp grip now

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Nebraska is starting to get uncharacteristically gashed on defense by VT. Letting up a lot of easy baskets this half.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

VT just had a player T'ed up for yelling "DON'T BRING THAT poo poo!" while delivering a monster block. Picked up loud and clear by the mics too. Not even mad.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

resident posted:

What a terrible set of possessions to end the game. They just chucked up 3s four times when they only needed two for the lead.

I missed the game, didn't realize they started so early. ISU losing a game by bricking non-stop threes sounds right though.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
at half, manhattan has almost as many turnovers (25) as points (27)

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lol i just turned on the minnesota florida state game and was reminded of richard pitino's face

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

NC Central wins at Mizzou and someone still needs to hire LeVelle Moton. Possibly Missouri.

elentar fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Nov 29, 2016

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Bryant McIntosh on a one-man 6-0 run, welcome to the party pal

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

wildcats, bitch

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Took him three tries but Frank Haith finally managed to win the Tulsa Mayor's Cup game against Oral Roberts. Glory be!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Badgers look outstanding against Syracuse's zone. If Happ could hit free throws it'd be a bigger lead than 10 points.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
Ethan Happ is a guaranteed 20 rebounds/night, it's ridiculous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
This is probably gonna get ugly

• Locked thread