Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Actually this game is very good???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Iowa somehow in the game with Jok having an awful shooting night. Cordell Pemsl gets overshadowed by Cook but he's gonna be really good in a year or two.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Annnnd here goes the game. Bad night for Jok to go ice cold. Even an average game from him and we'd be way up, young guys have been playing out of their minds

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
:sigh: nice meltdown

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
gently caress Duke

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I don't think I've ever seen a Michigan State team that doesn't commit 8 million turnovers against big non-conference opponents.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
:stare: at least Bridges is always entertaining

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
NC State looks terrible and will get shithoused twice weekly in the ACC even with Yurtseven unless something changes. No more chances at even decent non-conference wins either so any postseason hope is all in the league. Ugh.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Purdue is ice cold and on pace for 20 turnovers.

arkmedes
Jun 24, 2009
Wow Purdue looking like flamin hot garbage against L'ville

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

arkmedes posted:

Wow Purdue looking like flamin hot garbage against L'ville

Both teams are looking like rear end this half, Louisville just a little bit less so.

arkmedes
Jun 24, 2009
I've been watching fairly closely the first half...have either of Purdue's big guys done anything positive yet? Seriously, they look awful tonight.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

7'2 guy misses a dunk, the Purdue basketball story

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

arkmedes posted:

I've been watching fairly closely the first half...have either of Purdue's big guys done anything positive yet? Seriously, they look awful tonight.

Not really. Louisville's length is denying every entry pass, when the pass does make it there they have plenty of time to collapse with a double or triple team.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

First basket from a Purdue front line player comes at 9:40 to go.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

elentar posted:

NC State looks terrible and will get shithoused twice weekly in the ACC even with Yurtseven unless something changes. No more chances at even decent non-conference wins either so any postseason hope is all in the league. Ugh.

Yurtseven

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
ESPN really doesn't hide their love of the acc do they

Edit: Purdue somehow not dead yet despite how lovely they're playing.

arkmedes
Jun 24, 2009
Big Ten is pretty bad this year imo. This is the sacrifice needed to be relevant in football I guess.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Too little too late. Way too many turnovers and missed shots in the paint for Purdue. Vince Edwards didn't show up again tonight, Isaac Haas couldn't hit from point blank range, and Caleb Swanigan didn't do anything for the first 30 minutes. Despite all that only lost by 7 on the road.

arkmedes
Jun 24, 2009
Michigan somehow loses to Virginia Tech at home, yikes

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
What a garbage game, can't believe Purdue still had a non zero chance to win in the last minute

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

arkmedes posted:

Michigan somehow loses to Virginia Tech at home, yikes

Two main things: Zak Irvin was the best player on the court, and then basically lost the game by himself with three god awful hero ball shots down the stretch

There were a trillion fouls called so neither team could actually play offense

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Is TCU finally going to have a decent basketball team? Dont know if Washington is any good but I do remember them having their way with TCU last year.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Well that was a lovely offensive foul called on IU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

God drat Roy. That's an ugly loving suit.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Wiccan Wasteland posted:

Is TCU finally going to have a decent basketball team? Dont know if Washington is any good but I do remember them having their way with TCU last year.

Desmond Bane is really good

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Buckeyes look surprisingly good so far

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

kittenmittons posted:

Buckeyes look surprisingly good so far

uuuugh gently caress i have to listen to Dakich

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Eltoasto posted:

uuuugh gently caress i have to listen to Dakich

"Dont just stand around! Standing around is for looking cool at the club!" - Tonight's Dan Dakich wisdom

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
OG Anunoby sounds like a mid level feature rapper name lol

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Dino Gaudio just mispronounced Sidy Djitte name as lovely Djitte

it made me laugh

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

HOOSIERS HOOSIERS HOOSIERS

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Hello Towel posted:

HOOSIERS HOOSIERS HOOSIERS

Place was rocking, no wonder Kentucky is scared to play there :smug:

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Eltoasto posted:

Place was rocking, no wonder Kentucky is scared to play there :smug:

I was there. Not the loudest I've ever heard it, but close. Great game.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Isiah has never looked happier than this moment he was holding a giant crying Jordan

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Virginia survived the ungodly wretched half they have a couple times every year and came back to beat Ohio State. Maybe they can look back on this one for inspiration when they're getting buried in the regionals this time.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
gently caress a Bearcat, god bless.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Thoguh posted:

gently caress a Bearcat, god bless.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Overtime because Iowa State was ashamed of only scoring 50 points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

both teams looking to break 55 in ot

• Locked thread