Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Yinlock posted:

if obama's turkey pardons are reversed do we have to hunt down turkey fugitives

every year on Thanxgiving, President Trump will buck tradition by going on television and strangling by hand one of the turkey's Obama pardoned during his term

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/801520559016263681

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Obama won't pardon anybody because he still wants Republicans to like him.

Dunno about that, he's been commuting sentences like a motherfucker lately.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Obama need to Free Weezy

Trumpenproletariat
Nov 26, 2016

by zen death robot
Obama should pardon everyone before trump takes over the federal prison system, just give everyone a second chance

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

I think Obama should pardon a turkey... but John Boehner's already home free! Ha! Ha! Ha!

*in game of thrones voice* think I'll pardon two turkeys

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
https://twitter.com/ABC/status/810937754339213317

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

pardon chelsea manning, coward

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

waiting for this page to update
https://www.justice.gov/pardon/obama-pardons

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

What I really want out of this is Trump to sign a pardon for Hillary.

Which then causes her to snap, burn it on the steps of the capitol building and start daring Republican lawmakers to prosecute her as they enter.

"Come at me McConnel, you fat gently caress! You pussy-tortoise! Pusssssy! McConnel's a pussy! How 'bout you, Puss Ryan, huh?! Pusspusspusspusspusspuss..."

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
She'll send a surrogate to burn it for her as she flees the country by plane.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

look so long as someone calls McConnel a pussy-tortoise I'll make my peace with it

you troll with the candidate you have, not the candidate you want

bernie would do it in person

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lemme guess it's just a bunch of rich finance white collar crime people sprinkled with the occasional outrageously convicted minority for the sake of appearance

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Alter Ego posted:

He should pardon Bill Stickers. Everywhere I go I see signs that say Bill Stickers will be prosecuted.

Didn't you read the ones saying you're not supposed to post about him?

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
George W. Bush for doing 9/11

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

anime was right posted:

obama pardons every stand-alone drug possession charge

Anime Was Right was right

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
i hope obama pardons me

what for? oh, for nothing specific. just, you know, in general.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Moridin920 posted:

lemme guess it's just a bunch of rich finance white collar crime people sprinkled with the occasional outrageously convicted minority for the sake of appearance

looking at the list this seems to be the case :sigh:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Thanks for reminding me to post the list

also it is too long to psot

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2016/12/19/president-obama-grants-commutations-and-pardons

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

just loving lmao that you guys give life sentences for distributing like 20 grams of coke

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Sai posted:

just loving lmao that you guys give life sentences for distributing like 20 grams of coke

We balance it out by giving 6 months for raping passed out girls at frat parties if the judge went to the same school as the guy who did the raping

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Lord of Pie posted:

We balance it out by giving 6 months for raping passed out girls at frat parties if the judge went to the same school as the guy who did the raping

or letting poor kids afflicted with affluenza off the hook for killing people while drunk driving

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Sai posted:

only if its the kind of cocaine that poor black people use

the rich white people cocaine has significantly lower sentences

this is not a matter of judicial discretion, it is literally written into the law that the rich white person varieties get shorter sentences than the poor black person varieties

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

CTRL F Distribu and ignore each one. These are what you got left over.

quote:

Roy Darrell Benson – Albuquerque, NM
Offense: Bank fraud (District of Oregon)

Sentence: 18 months' imprisonment; three years' supervised release; $50,000 restitution (January 30, 1995)

quote:

Theresa Marie Bishop, aka Teresa Clark – Pittsburgh, PA
Offense: Knowingly disposing of a firearm to a person convicted of a crime punishable by a term of imprisonment exceeding one year (three counts); falsification of firearms purchase forms (two counts) (Western District of Pennsylvania)

Sentence: Three years' probation, conditioned upon one year of home detention (December 8, 2006)

quote:

Caryn Lynn Camp, fka Caryn Lynn Camp-Kenworthy – Taichung, Taiwan R.O.C.
Offense: Wire fraud (10 counts); mail fraud (two counts); conspiracy to steal trade secrets; conspiracy to transport stolen goods; interstate transportation of stolen goods (District of Maine)

Sentence: Three years' probation; $7,500 restitution (December 7, 1999)

quote:

Randy Dale Cantu – Niwot, CO
Offense: Conspiracy; falsely making and forging endorsement on government bonds (Southern District of Georgia)

Sentence: Five years' probation; $169.80 restitution (February 8, 1978)

quote:

Dolly Ann Chamberlain, fka Dolly Ann Taylor – Herald, CA
Offense: Conversion of government money (Eastern District of California)

Sentence: 36 months' probation, including 180 days of home confinement; $3,000 fine; $82,673.06 restitution (September 23, 2002)

quote:

Tietti Onette Chandler, fka Tietti Chandler-Shelton – Columbus, MS
Offense: Embezzlement of mail matter by a postal employee (Northern District of Mississippi)

Sentence: Three years' probation, conditioned upon the performance of 150 hours of community service (April 1, 1999)

quote:

Kristi Lynn Coe, aka Kristi Lynn Coe-Hagan, fka Kristi Hinshaw – Haw River, NC
Offense: Mail fraud (mistakenly listed in the judgment as mail theft) (Middle District of North Carolina)

Sentence: Five years' probation, conditioned upon four months’ home confinement; $17,785.72 restitution (October 11, 2001)

quote:

Christopher John Darville – Missouri City, TX
Offense: Making false statements to a federally insured financial institution (Middle District of Louisiana)

Sentence: One day of imprisonment; three years' supervised release conditioned on three months' home detention; $2,000 fine (November 27, 2001)

quote:

Lehi Victoria Dickey, aka Lahi Dickey, fka Lehi Dickey Bryant – Oakland, CA
Offense: Bank embezzlement (Northern District of California)

Sentence: Three years' probation; $1,000 fine (September 13, 1985)

quote:

Michael Anthony Facchiano, Jr. – Venetia, PA
Offense: Mail fraud (two counts) (Western District of Pennsylvania)

Sentence: Six months' imprisonment; five years' probation; $2,000 fine (February 22, 1985)

quote:

Theresa Renee Gardley, fka Theresa Renee Naper, fka Theresa Renee Thornton – Hillside, IL
Offense: Unlawful use of an unauthorized access device (Southern District of Texas)

Sentence: Three years’ imprisonment, suspended; five years' probation, conditioned upon 200 hours of community service; $6,411 restitution (December 9, 1988)

quote:

Donald Lee Gilbert – Phoenix, AZ
Offense: Interstate transportation of a stolen motor vehicle (District of Maine)

Sentence: Two years' probation (October 19, 1964)

quote:

Richard Allen Graham – Callahan, FL
Offense: Destruction of mail matter by a postal employee (Middle District of Florida)

Sentence: One year of probation, including 25 hours of community service (December 19, 2008)

quote:

Edward John Hartman – Westampton Township, NJ
Offense: Conspiracy (submitting false and fraudulent documents to FHA and VA) (District of New Jersey)

Sentence: Four months' imprisonment; three years' probation; $3,000 fine; unspecified restitution (July 11, 1986)

quote:

William Bernie Heckle, Jr., aka Billy Heckle – Orangeburg, SC
Offense: Falsifying medical prescriptions and illegally dispensing controlled substances (Schedule II through Schedule V); dispensing prescription medication without a legitimate written order from a prescribing physician (District of South Carolina)

Sentence: 18 months' imprisonment; three years' supervised release (December 4, 1996)

quote:

Ralph Allen Hoekstra, aka Ralph Alan Hoekstra – Huntington Beach, CA
Offense: Importing wildlife contrary to law (Central District of California)

Sentence: One year of probation; $5,000 fine (January 19, 2005)

quote:

Samuel Wesley Howze, aka Sala Udin – Pittsburgh, PA
Offense: Unlawfully transporting firearms; possession of untaxpaid distilled spirits (Western District of Kentucky)

Sentence: Five years' imprisonment (November 20, 1970)

quote:

Cathy Mae Jones, fka Cathy Mae Bennett – Alamogordo, NM
Offense: Conspiracy (District of New Mexico)

Sentence: Time served (nine days' imprisonment); five years' supervised release; $1,423.50 restitution (September 14, 2006)

quote:

Fabius Romero Jones – Oakland, CA
Offense: Theft from interstate shipment (Northern District of California)

Sentence: One year of probation; $100 fine (August 24, 1977)

quote:

James Harold Keaton – Bassett, VA
Offense: Possession of a stolen firearm (Western District of Virginia)

Sentence: 30 months' probation, conditioned upon 50 hours of community service (November 9, 2007)

quote:

Dean Robert Kondo – Daly City, CA
Offense: Possession of counterfeit currency (Northern District of California)

Sentence: 12 months and one day of imprisonment; three years' supervised release (July 19, 2000)

quote:

Mary Ann Krauser, fka Mary Ann Iron Shield – Fort Yates, ND
Offense: Involuntary manslaughter (District of North Dakota)

Sentence: Three years' imprisonment, suspended; five years' probation (June 1, 1982)

quote:

Keith Alan Little – Odessa, TX
Offense: Interception of electronic communications (Western District of Texas)

Sentence: Five years' probation, including four months in a halfway house; $10,000 fine (June 14, 1990)

quote:

Dawn Mascari, fka Dawn Steponavich – North Branford, CT
Offense: Aiding and abetting in illegal gambling operation (District of Connecticut)

Sentence: Three years’ probation, conditioned upon two months' home confinement; $2,000 fine (April 23, 2002)

quote:

John Frederick McNeely, Jr. – Santa Ana, CA
Offense: Receiving counterfeit government obligations (Central District of California)

Sentence: Three years' probation (July 27, 1970)

quote:

Roger Delos Melius – Faulkton, SD
Offense: Conspiracy to submit false statements (District of South Dakota)

Sentence: Three years' probation; $87,712.91 restitution (October 11, 2007) (as amended December 17, 2007)

quote:

Samuel Nyamongo Mongare – Arlington, TX
Offense: Possession of false identification documents with intent to defraud the United States (Western District of Texas)

Sentence: Four months' imprisonment; three years' supervised release (March 27, 2001)

quote:

Christopher Muratore – Tampa, FL
Offense: Devising a scheme to defraud the United States of money and property and devising a scheme to deprive the United States Bankruptcy Court and the citizens of the United States of honest services (Middle District of Florida)

Sentence: 36 months' probation, including six months' home detention; $107,850 restitution (September 25, 2001)

quote:

Francis Joseph O'Hara, Sr. – Camden, ME
Offense: Conspiracy to restrain, suppress and eliminate competition by rigging bids; conspiracy with others to knowingly and willfully make and use false documents containing false statements in matters within the jurisdiction of the Defense Personnel Support Command (District of Maine)

Sentence: Six months' imprisonment; two years' supervised release; $200,000 fine; $950,000 restitution (September 13, 1991)

quote:

Allen Wayne Parker – Fort Smith, AR
Offense: Officer of U.S. stealing property of another (Western District of Arkansas)

Sentence: Three years' probation, conditioned upon an undetermined term of home confinement and five weekends of intermittent confinement; $1,000 fine (May 1, 1991)

quote:

Benjamin Ramos – Jamaica, NY
Offense: Conspiracy to transport and sell stolen goods (two counts) (Southern District of New York)

Sentence: Four years' probation; $5,000 restitution (September 21, 2000)

quote:

Doretha Doreen Rhone – Philadelphia, PA
Offense: Theft (District of Columbia)

Sentence: Three years' probation; $3,060 restitution (March 14, 1989)

quote:

Bryan Scot Sandquist – Gig Harbor, WA
Offense: Felon in possession of a firearm (District of Oregon)

Sentence: 40 months' imprisonment; three years' supervised release (November 4, 2002)

quote:

Allen Thompson Sherwood – Ooltewah, TN
Offense: Conduct unbecoming an officer (shoplifting) (United States Air Force general court-martial convened at Barksdale Air Force Base, Louisiana)

Sentence: Dismissal from service; four months’ confinement; forfeiture of $500 pay per month for four months; $5,000 fine (January 24, 1990)

quote:

Brenda Lorene Sinclair, fka Brenda Lorene Pontius – Boise, ID
Offense: Receiving, possessing, concealing and disposing of stolen money (District of Oregon)

Sentence: Ten years’ imprisonment; five years' probation; $1,986 restitution (October 27, 1986)

quote:

Michael Slavinsky – Irvine, CA
Offense: Misdemeanor illegal supplementation of salary by an employee of the United States (District of Columbia)

Sentence: Three years' probation, conditioned upon performance of 50 hours of community service; $10,000 restitution (January 7, 1998)

quote:

Richard Earl Smout – Blackfoot, ID
Offense: Possession of stolen mail (District of Utah)

Sentence: Time served (77 days' imprisonment) and two years' supervised release (November 20, 2001)

quote:

Robin Shelley Soodeen – Upper Marlboro, MD
Offense: Bank embezzlement (District of Columbia)

Sentence: Eight months' halfway house confinement; five years' supervised release; $49,000 restitution (October 2, 2001)

quote:

Pamela Joy Stokes – Southfield, MI
Offense: False Statement (Eastern District of Michigan)

Sentence: Two years' probation, conditioned upon 120 days’ home confinement (May 3, 2006)

quote:

Joseph Eugene Swies – Frederic, WI
Offense: Forgery of postal money orders (Western District of Wisconsin)

Sentence: Three years’ probation; $1,259.71 restitution (July 27, 1984)

quote:

Jessica Ann Tyson, fka Jessica Ann Martin – Grand Rapids, MI
Offense: Conspiracy to commit bank fraud (Western District of Michigan)

Sentence: Two years' probation; $1,200 restitution (December 2, 1997)

quote:

Vera Mae Yurisich – Cashmere, WA
Offense: Perjury (Eastern District of Washington)

Sentence: Three months' imprisonment; three years' supervised release (April 30, 2007)

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Third World Reggin posted:

CTRL F Distribu and ignore each one. These are what you got left over.

see? i was right. whole buncha bankers.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Thanks, Obama.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Pollyanna posted:

You were both wrong because you suggested it would have minorities 'sprinkled' in when it's the bankers who are that.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Pollyanna posted:

Also a lot of government employees involved in various corruption schemes or official misconduct, plus what looks like a few cases of some kind of welfare fraud

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

quote:

Randy Dale Cantu – Niwot, CO
Offense: Conspiracy; falsely making and forging endorsement on government bonds (Southern District of Georgia)

Sentence: Five years' probation; $169.80 restitution (February 8, 1978)

A lot of these seem like really low-level crimes, based on the restitution amounts. I like this one in particular, because it seems like this guy got five years on probation over $170.

But then poor people can be jailed for months for writing a few consecutive bad checks, too.

Justice is random and capricious.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It's not random once you realize it's just all about loving poor people over.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Sai posted:

I think the thing you're missing is that most of the people who receive such a sentence are black and therefore deserve it somehow.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

ScrubLeague posted:

I think the thing you're missing is that most of the people who receive such a sentence are black and therefore deserve it somehow.

There's actually a case pending in regard to Atlanta Hawks forward Mike Scott where he had a ton of E and weed in the car his brother was driving and took the blame for it. They are probably going to plea that his civil rights were violated because they were pulled over for following too closely aka driving while black in rural Georgia. So a rich person could actually do a good thing for a lot of people if he gets off.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
where's harambe's posthumous pardon you son of a bitch?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Darkman Fanpage posted:

where's harambe's posthumous pardon you son of a bitch?

are you insinuating that harambe did a crime

you're the son of a bitch

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Main Paineframe posted:

only if its the kind of cocaine that poor black people use

the rich white people cocaine has significantly lower sentences

this is not a matter of judicial discretion, it is literally written into the law that the rich white person varieties get shorter sentences than the poor black person varieties

Are you telling me that being white means I can't smoke my white as hard, you snob?

It's the only way I do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

rudatron posted:

i hope obama pardons me

what for? oh, for nothing specific. just, you know, in general.

Is there a list of names? If so they better be prepared to get stalked by internet patriots until theyre found dead in an alley.

• Locked thread