Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jamsque
May 31, 2009

Riso posted:

That's nothing. Idiots voted in points for top five only in my game.

This happened to me too, and they voted for the shortest qualifying session length. Was a nightmare trying to get points with the second worst car on the grid. Two seasons later the vote for points for the top eight is finally coming up but I have a really good car now so I might vote against it.

If you don't want to have lovely reliability on all of your parts in the first race of the season, go to the 'home' tab (furthest left) once you start developing your new car and there should be a button right in the middle of the page that will get you to the 'improve parts' interface that you are locked out of on the 'car' tab. I imagine this will get patched out at some point. If you have a ton of money kicking around you can even develop new parts during the off-season, they will have poo poo stats since they will be based on your current car but it lets you start out building parts at the second quality tier once the new car is finished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamsque
May 31, 2009

Pump it up! Do it! posted:

I thought that your best part automatically become the standard part and that's why you should build really high risk parts?

This is true, the only time you want to stop making parts is if you are going to be promoted to a higher series or if you don't have the cash, or if you are just already winning.

I really like this game but the thing that made me stop playing it in the end was the lack of challenge, I enjoyed working my way up to the World Championship but once I got there I found that I was getting easy 1-2 finishes with a car that was only the 4th or 5th best on the grid. I don't know if there is some built-in player car bonus or AI car penalty or something but cars with better stats than mine driven by drivers with better stats than mine were slower in almost all circumstances.

• Locked thread