Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
Pretty certain having a good facilities is important in that regard too. Though, you always get the odd stinker as a car and there isn't much you can do but to out-strategy your opponents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Bentai posted:

Started off in ERS, sunk a hefty chunk of money into brake development in my first season, only to have the series vote in favor of spec brakes for season 2. Those bastards.

I found a kind of cheese method to quickly narrow in on good setups, and that is to bring in the driver right after you send them out. In a 15 minute practice session I get 5-6 tries to tweak the setup, and still have enough time to get at least level 1 race and tire knowledge.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a stand alone racing series based on Indycar.

Indycar would just be a pure engine/drivetrain series with an oval focus, fairly different set-up stage on those courses and with far less viewers than most other serieses.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
Well, there would have to be a whole bunch of new oval circuits to represent all the big 500 mile races; a short flat one for the Milwaukee mile type stuff and maybe even some superspeedways in case we expand to not-NASCAR

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
Wait for your car to be built. You might also get the opportunity to spend more money to make it better.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
It could be explained by new regulations effectively making our last design either obsolete or completely illegal, but yeah there should be SOME indication of something like that happening.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
Congrats, you've become Frank Williams. Just remember that not every issue in the car won't be found out without substantial work. Besides, your season has only started so you can figure out a suitable strategy to fight back.

Triple A fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Nov 28, 2016

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

StealthArcher posted:

2 were redzone, 4 were 0% ( I think, it was a mix, the car was useless though ). The car just slugged for the couple seconds I watched before just quitting.

And the consistency of your driver?

As for the wing tanking, your driver probably got clipped or left his braking point way too late so it got busted up in someone else's car.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
Right now, the next thing I want to see in this game are new tracks and maybe one more championship to add right at the bottom for 4 bangers in whichever area hasn't been explored yet.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

julian assflange posted:

My one complaint in relation to the driver market is the small pool of free agents in the first off season. With BMR I am letting Rodgers and Al Sadat go and there is nobody else to sign

Upgrade your scouting facilities, it'll give you a bunch of extra drivers to sign.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

julian assflange posted:

Yep but there should always be some availability of new talent even if you have basic scouting each off season regardless of your scouting level. Obviously more/better with each level

The scouting facility actually gives you drivers that nobody else can get so you should at least have level 1 of it ASAP.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
Just remember to have some money left over so you can develop the car more.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
Though, having a pair of good drivers will mitigate your shitboxiness.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
My advice with first laps is to turn up the engine to full power and tell your drivers to go attack everyone like they mean it.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

julian assflange posted:

I do but they are just morons it seems. They are decent drivers too but they either lose 3-4 spots per corner or can't get past some slowpoke and let the rest of the field be 10 seconds ahead after two laps :catstare:

How's their skill in Braking/Overtaking and how good are your brakes in general?

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
You can win a thousand if you design a livery for this game

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

julian assflange posted:

That's great. Game should take off once good Workshop content gets on there

Honestly, the only thing that would make this game sell like mad is licenses for real teams / drivers / sponsors / series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
Finding the perfect set-up is the point of practice. A pretty major part of the sport and all, especially in this age when minor adjustments can give you that fraction that'll ensure your car is first rather than third. I'd like to see some ways of comparing team mate set-ups, if only so I can check if the driver prefers a bit of oversteer or understeer.

• Locked thread