Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Red Mike
Jul 11, 2011

Gooses and Geeses posted:

With regards to the new season thing - yes the new options are garbage on the face of it, but someone on the subreddit is saying that the parts you made the previous year become stock, and their performance rating should reflect this. I haven't looked into this myself yet.

This should be true, but there's a bug. I started out with 20 base performance brakes, and over the course of the season developed up to 90-100 base performance brakes. I then started up the next season with 15 base performance brakes after putting the most money into the car (but granted, not having great facilities). Not only that, but the news/testing told me I was 5th with regards to car quality, however all the other graphs afterwards told me I was dead bottom for all performance values.

I've had one pre-season where the car downgraded slightly from previous values, and one pre-season where the car went to complete poo poo like this. I think the only difference is that the rules added spec front wings in the pre-season where it went to poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Mike
Jul 11, 2011
Be aware that you do actually need two parts at the end of the season. Otherwise, only one car will use that higher base. Had it happen by accident due to a banned part of a pair.

Red Mike
Jul 11, 2011
I don't think there's a mod or similar to disable it, otherwise I'd download it in a heartbeat. There's a choice before it starts to let it simulate practice though, isn't there? Dunno if that's terrible, but I expect so.

Red Mike
Jul 11, 2011
Honestly, it may be accurate but it does go so drat dull and repetitive after a season. If you only do a race a day that's fine, but as soon as you play more often I feel like it drags on forever.

• Locked thread