Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Started off in ERS, sunk a hefty chunk of money into brake development in my first season, only to have the series vote in favor of spec brakes for season 2. Those bastards.

I found a kind of cheese method to quickly narrow in on good setups, and that is to bring in the driver right after you send them out. In a 15 minute practice session I get 5-6 tries to tweak the setup, and still have enough time to get at least level 1 race and tire knowledge.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a stand alone racing series based on Indycar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Triple A posted:

Indycar would just be a pure engine/drivetrain series with an oval focus, fairly different set-up stage on those courses and with far less viewers than most other serieses.
I'd still play it. :D
If they kept the same voting thing, it could end up with non-spec parts.

*edit*
During the off-season, should I continue to try and build new parts, or do I have to wait for the new car to be designed and built?

Bentai fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Nov 13, 2016

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Third season in and finally getting HQ upgrades done. Last season I fired my reserve driver and hired a lovely pay driver for an extra 40k a race income. Was twice offered "fell off the back of a truck" parts from the top team, and bought them both. The suspension piece was nice, but the real steal was the engine, it had something like 374 performance points where my best engine had 84. Gave it to my #1 driver for the season finale race, and the guy won by 35 seconds. Jesus what a beast of an engine.

Aside from that one win, I've been forever shuffling around midpack, trying to secure finishes above 13th to appease sponsors. My #2 driver Shen Qi injured herself twice last season, and between that and her inability to finish well even with excellent setups, I may just replace her with another pay driver when her contract is up.

Part reliability was a bit better to start, all parts were over 50%, as opposed to the start of my 2nd season where they were all barely at 45%.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Starting my 5th season in the Euro League, and my choice to buy two stolen parts from the top team in season 3 is still paying dividends. This season the rules limit the number of tires available, and they've increased practice time to 15 minutes from 12. In season 4 ERS rules increased fuel tank sizes to 80% of maximum race distance. This allowed my #1 driver to win and podium at a lot of races by one-stopping. He had a chance to win the driver's championship, but for an unknown reason he wrecked out in two races. In both races his tires were not overheated or too cold, and the wear was not under 50%.

Tempted to fire my #2 driver and promote my cheap rear end reserve pay driver. He's going to suck, but at least he'll suck and pay 210k a race.

Also found out that base parts for a new season take the maximum potential quality from the season prior. So for example, if you have a 150/200 engine at the end of the season, the next season's base will be 200. With this in mind, my goal is to spend the second half of the season making massively illegal parts with high maximum potential.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

God my ERS series is voting for spec engines this season. If it passes, it'll mean all I have left to build would be suspension and gearing.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Bentai posted:

God my ERS series is voting for spec engines this season. If it passes, it'll mean all I have left to build would be suspension and gearing.
Fuckers passed spec engines. Was tied, Ernie Hecklerock voted for spec. :argh:

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

On the plus side, I finished the 2020 season with Sergio Valdes 4 points shy of the drivers championship, and thanks to a lucky podium finish for Shen Qi, ZRT Autosport took the team championship. I declined the promotion to the Asian series to try and build up some funds to get a couple buildings upgraded.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

One race away from winning both the driver and team championship in ERS. Not sure if I want to stay in for another season or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Turns out I'm stuck in ERS for another season anyway, I finished 4 points shy of first. I managed to ignore my 2nd driver's fuel burn, because I was concentrating on delivering a first place victory for Valdes to lock up the driver's championship. Shen Qi had to do a splash and go stop. :(

This season is going to be a shitshow for parts development, the first two designs have very little in the way of performance improvements. On the plus side, they voted in bigger bonuses for finishing positions.

• Locked thread