Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I kind of wish you could start out in a totally spec series so you can focus on just figuring out races and whatnot without also having to do parts and research. Like if I could start out in a Formula Ford or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Should I be spending time building parts? Because it seems like building a part gives me something technically good but it breaks two times per race and I've been doing better with just improving the default parts. I've also lost over a million bucks on an engine that failed scrutineering.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
So what's the strategy on that then? Build a part and then leave it out of the car and improve it over a couple races and then install it?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I noticed early on that you have to run max everything the first few laps or you will get left behind. I still can't figure out why my drivers will randomly decide they don't want to drive anymore on the last lap and just give up five spots for no reason.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Can't you hire them as a backup driver?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Oh, I forgot this thread existed. I only play this game one race at a time, so it's not too bad I guess. If there is a way to automate it, I'd prefer that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Well you can hover over your older setups and see the driver's reactions to each one as well as where each slider was. I usually just put the slider at the extreme of green area. I work towards great and if a few excellents make it in there, I'm fine with that.

• Locked thread