Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

The Saucer Hovers posted:

The Costco I'm forced to shop at is the busiest Costco in the world.

If you think you've suffered come to my Costco.

You live in Yangjae? Because that poo poo is crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Where is the other half of the slice of pizza?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

They're pretty good actually as hotdogs go. I think you're thinking of their polish sausages.

You have it backwards. The hotdogs used to be great, but then they went with the house brand to save money, and now the polish are by far the better ones.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Original_Z posted:

The Japanese Costco foodcourt has the hot dog combo for 180yen and slices of pizza are 300 yen, they used to be 250 yen but they raised the price a few years ago. They also used to have good Chicken Provolone sandwiches but changed them to Chicken Bakes. They have Bulgogi bakes as well which are pretty good and recently changed the recipe to it.

When did they change the bulgogi bake? That thing was amazing, and I always make sure to get one when I'm in Tokyo/Seoul.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Original_Z posted:

To be honest there's nothing really exciting about the Japanese version compared to other countries.

Uhhh, bulgogi bake is the second best bake that Costco has ever done. The carne asada one was of course the best of all time, but from talking to one of the food court supervisors they got rid of it because it was too labor intensive to make.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Citizen Tayne posted:

I want to have sex in a Costco.

I used to date someone who worked for the Costco HQ facilities, and had sex on the roof of the HQ. Pretty sure that was the best thing I've ever done.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

The polish dogs are tasty, but nothing is as good as the bulgogi bake. The carne asada bake was delicious too, but I haven't seen one in years.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

a hole-y ghost posted:

wtf. my costco has never had this. who do I complain to

I've only seen them in Asia, but they are so good that I keep hoping they'll show up in the US at some point.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Here you go, this is the good poo poo.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Just spent $400.84 buying like 1/3 of a cart of stuff at Costco. I'm pretty sure it's because I saw the cheap buffalo and bought 16 pounds :shepspends:

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I've gone to Cancun and Punta Cana through them, and I've gotten free upgrades and Costco cash cards from my executive membership, would definitely keep using them.

Also they have partnerships with Hyatt and Best Western so consider that for a discount whenever you need to travel somewhere.

I haven't done a cruise, but I did a flight+hotel package, and it included airport transfers which was nice. The package was about $400 less than what I would have paid for cash, and the hotel even gave us a bottle of fake champagne at check in.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Dely Apple posted:

The Costco ladies had this delicious Korean BBQ jerky for sale so I bought some and ate most of it and feel only shame, and the hunger for more

I am truly a goon this day

I've eaten so much of that I probably qualify as half Korean. And that was just last weekend.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I was there when it opened, pretty sure I had the first quarter pound doggie of the day! You can see that Lennox hvac fucker already cat calling people. Does every Costco have them?

Pretty sure the staff already had a dog or two before opening. The perks of working next to unlimited beef, a quarter pound at a time.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Toilet Shoes posted:

I mean, 50 bucks to get unlimited brats, kraut and spicy mustard at a buck fifty? Ok, that may be worth the membership.

I could get a few and it would last me all night.

You don't even need the membership to go to the food court.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Actually, you should just fry up the Costco chicken meatballs in a skillet with some eggs and onions.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Black August posted:

The dressing doesn't come on the side it comes on the burger itself

drat, I was hoping it would come in a container on the side if you asked for it instead of pre-sauced.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Black August posted:

Look, here, calm the hell down, here it is. This is it. It's a pretty sizeable burger. Got the sauce on the side. It was some kind of darker and more granular thousand island. As far as a burger goes it gets a solid A-. Basically a Costco Big Mac. Linked for UNFILTERED SHEER BURG SIZE.

Goddamn I'm hungry now

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Just had a Costco polish dog for $1.65. I feel like they shouldn't charge sales tax on something so perfect.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Anton Chigurh posted:

Not really cool at all because it kept prices high and made it a lot more trouble to buy. Now a lot of booze is cheaper and can be found in many more places. It's a win-win, really.

Some people hate it because the taxes are higher now too, but overall it's cheaper. The taxes do suck though.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Why doesn't Costco offer oil changes? It'd be nice to drop my car off and have them take care of that while I'm dropping a couple hundred on alcohol and groceries

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

So one of my local costcos has poke salad and/or straight up sashimi in their refrigerated prepared foods. Anyone have experience before i drop 15 bucks on lovely tasting fish? (Obviously​ getting a dog and a combo slice either way)

The ahi poke is pretty good, and it makes a nice meal. A proper Hawaiian one is better, but it's not bad at all.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

the good fax machine posted:

I bet IKEA dogs are made from turkey and pork

I'm pretty sure you'll find they are actually horse meat.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Does Costco carry Teriyaki Sauce? I found plenty of soy sauce, and some Mr Yoshidas marinade (which seemed like a thicc bbq/teriyaki hybrid), but nothing else. I had to make it a brief 'scto trip but I think I went up and down all the aisles.

Yes, but only in the 5 gallon pail. It's one aisle over from the 25 lb bag of rice.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Meydey posted:

First one is Seattle. Kirkland is store #08. Biggest is Tukwila #06. I think Portland is #02

Except the Seattle location moved, so it's really a different number now. They were just whiny bitches about it and demanded to keep the old number.

(I have a friend who worked there during the move)

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Bonzo posted:

Just wondering if we may ever see Kirkland brand Kush one day.

The entire C level would have to retire before that happens, they are all way too conservative for that. And for that matter, probably the tier below them would need to go as well, since they are most likely all groomed replacements too.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Chinatown posted:

Does anyone know how long the seafood roadshow/poke stand stays open to? I probably won't be able to hit up Costco tomorrow until like 6pm =/

Maybe it's just on the west coast, but I thought they had poke 24/7.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Before or after tax?

That's after tax here too. But there are a few countries I've eaten Costco dogs at that have them at 1.99, or the holy grail: 1.25

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Detective No. 27 posted:

Someone's got a gun to your head and you got a choice. You kill the love of your life, or you raise the price of the hot dog combo by $.25.

What.

Do.

You.

Choose.

but the hot dog is the love of my life

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Stopping by Costco in a couple of hours for a cheap optometrist appointment and a polish dog. And some drat allergy pills.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

TBeats posted:

Costco doesn't take MasterCard and that is stupid so basically Costco is really stupid

Sounds like you need to go north of the border.

http://www.capitalone.ca/credit-cards/costco/

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Costco Iceland opened this week. Over 40k memberships sold, the island only has 330k people. They were running out of shopping carts on Thursday :getin:

I forget where I heard the quote from, but the entire reason they opened the Iceland one is because a significant percentage of the Newfie sales were to Icelandic fishermen.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

I'm the Is

Does that mean ice? Is ice cream just called ice there or what?

Eis is ice cream in German, so I'm guessing the Scandinavian languages are similar enough to say yes.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I went to the San Fernando Costco yesterday, it wasn't as bad as I expected. Walked out with $300 in booze for today's party.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

The car wash isn't that good, but at least it's cheap. I'd rather go to Pink Elephant and get a proper wash if I have the time.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

do note that if you don't finish the bag inside 3 days (lol) you need to refrigerate the rest

I almost never bother with the refrigerator, I figure it has enough salt to survive a few days.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Decided to have lunch at Costco today while in the UK.

The things I do for this thread

I hate all of you

The bun was soggy, and the only options were ketchup or onions. I've decided that Costco in the UK does not know how to make a proper dog.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Meydey posted:

Call me a heathen but if I was in the UK, I would skip the dog and do the cottage pie and jacket potato w/chili.

Note: Going to BC next month, will get Costco poutine. Will be in the UK in Sept, gimme that cottage pie!

The cottage pie is 90% potatoes, and the beef chili on the jacket potato has so much sugar that it tastes sweet. The pizza is the best one of the lot.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Heffer posted:

Your guys Costco had both yellow and deli mustard right?

I've only ever seen lovely yellow mustard, if I found a Costco with brown mustard I could die happy

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

The problem I had with trying to use the Costco vacation packages is that it only lets you price a couple of destinations online, for anything else you need to call them. I'm far too lazy to call and speak to someone, I'd rather do my trip planning online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

gonna try this kirkland bacon tomorrow though, i assume it will be perfect in every way

I was hugely disappointed in it, way too much fat. It reminded me far too much of the crappy bacon my dad used to buy when I was growing up.