Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

naem
May 29, 2011

HAS ANYONE SEEN THE MOVIE IDIOCRACY HA HA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

The trick is go with your mom so you don't need a membership and stock up on pants

naem
May 29, 2011

ArtIsResistance posted:

about to go to costco, any recommendations?????????????(????????)

Purchase some of their fine selection foods and or dry goods???

naem
May 29, 2011

HATECUBE posted:

I live in meijer territory and every dollar i spend there is a passive aggressive blow to the wallmart less than a mile away

Meijer is fantastic

naem
May 29, 2011

ScrubLeague posted:

Gotta get some of those Kirkland jeans with the thick denim.

They have Levi's 514 for $20 bucks on sale regularly

naem
May 29, 2011

HATECUBE posted:

I'm surprised you can't buy guns and cars or go to school there, maybe someday

I went to law school there

naem
May 29, 2011

They could cut benefits and pay for a very brief stock bump, letting shareholders sell off for a small profit, then just shut the place down because it would immediately suck

naem
May 29, 2011

Moridin920 posted:

Oh well you gotta get some nest egg inheritance first lol yea

then you just stick that first mil in a safe index fund and enjoy your 5-10% per year. maybe work some hobby job to occupy your time.

This describes a lot I've people I've known somehow

naem
May 29, 2011

https://youtu.be/P7PDDySY1E8

naem
May 29, 2011

Why is every thread about pooping

naem
May 29, 2011

A lot of small affordable cars are getting 4 cylinder turbocharged engines lately, I know Honda is. I hope the new engines are as reliable

naem
May 29, 2011

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

What's the hot new poo poo from costco these days

Im going tomorrow and want some tips

Levi's 514 jeans that for some reason fit all baggy when you get home, and that one grey Calvin Kline®™© wool peacoat that they have 700 of (all size medium)

naem
May 29, 2011

naem
May 29, 2011

BaconCopter posted:

Make you wonder how many hot dog emporiums they have in that biggun?!?!?!!!!!!

https://youtu.be/P7PDDySY1E8

naem
May 29, 2011

The Amish often do really well financially, every young married couple gets a free house built for them, and they make and sell a lot of nice stuff that there is a demand for and keep it all in the family until there's a 7 or 8 figure net worth

naem
May 29, 2011

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Took a spin to the Costco yesterday, took the plunge and got the costco citi credit card. Very nervous because it's my first ever credit card and I'm poor!

Pay off the balance every single month and live worry free

naem
May 29, 2011

large hands posted:

got these bad boys, some fresh local halibut and a couple of roasts on the weekend

Ah I see you've heard of the meat trick

naem
May 29, 2011

The best part is you can poop in the bucket after!!

naem
May 29, 2011

**two Costco marketing execs reading through this thread, chuckling, looking at each other, burst out laughing, shaking their heads**

naem
May 29, 2011

Black August posted:

I'm gonna have to ask you to back down a little on the doggin', it's starting to get weird

naem
May 29, 2011

Spoondick posted:

like 50 years ago companies were more into taking care of their employees because they figured it would lead to more motivated and loyal employees, less turnover and training costs and higher productivity, but then some executives and investors started thinking "hey if we gently caress over our employees we can keep more money" and their competitors were like "hey, we should do that too" and now costco is an anomaly

And now America sucks and retail sales are down as are incomes and investors can't even stuff their money anywhere successfully

naem
May 29, 2011

Peachfart posted:

Walmart is learning from Costco, 2 years ago they boosted employee wages and benefits and almost immediately saw increased customer satisfaction and cleaner stores. It's almost like if you give employees a reason to care, you get better results.

If PEOPLE had more MONEY they'd SPEND more MONEY which is called "the economy"

naem
May 29, 2011

I haven't used mine yet I don't want to explode

Is it hard to clean?

naem
May 29, 2011

IKEA is great when you're just starting out in life and you need a chair/desk/shelving/bed frame combo and your budget is $237.42

7 years later that bright red minimalist chair and the shelf/desk/sock drawer are sitting in the corner of your apt looking a bit shabbier and it's like, perfectly good why get rid of it, you've had three long term girlfriends do their grad thesis while sitting at it, before having the same angry breakup, and your current attempt at a girlfriend is painting her toenails and some got on the desk, right next to that other spot where another girl painted her toes there, you're like, am I ever going to get married?? Should I buy a new desk? Do they still make the Fflüûrrghn'D'rùūndle??

naem
May 29, 2011

Ive never been as happy as this guy is about that dog

naem
May 29, 2011

Although it looks like he's about to put the dog and drink in his mouth at once like just, stuff them in there just mush em up in there

naem
May 29, 2011

Those who die in cost-battle are taken up to cost-halla to dwell among the godsdogs forever

naem
May 29, 2011

Candlelight Virgil posted:

I wonder what the biggest pickle jar you can get at Costco is.

Could god create a pickle jar so big, that even he, could, um could not, mmmmm *eats a bunch of free samples*

naem
May 29, 2011

the good fax machine posted:

Just went to pick up one of these mythical $5 rotisserie birds, and there were NONE. Zero.

You've let me down, Costco thread. I was so mad I left without a dog.

Approximately 12 dogs equals 1 chicken FYI

naem
May 29, 2011

I got a pressure cooker for Xmas and now I get near instant meat at the press of a button

naem
May 29, 2011

C. Everett Koop posted:

there's another thing that gets you instant meat at the press of a button its called grindr

I'm a lesbinum

naem
May 29, 2011

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I have been buying a big bag of those chicken titties once a month, every month, for the last 5ish years. super easy to store and they make great meals every time. sometimes I pound em flat and fry a few up for breakfast, sometimes I dice em and add that Costco pesto, toss with pasta and you got yourself a piss easy dinner that makes plenty of leftovers.

now that I'm thinking about it I've never gotten anything from Costco freezers that didn't turn out good.

same

naem
May 29, 2011

want me some kraut right now

naem
May 29, 2011

C. Everett Koop posted:

Had to make some stops during the workday and once just so happened to be by a Costco so I was able to nab me a $1.50 hot dog and a drink, though I didn't get a refill. Also had to eat the dog naked since I was eating the dog in the car and was wearing a white shirt today and that's always begging for disaster.

Thankfully that Costco dog is so good you can eat it naked and it's still a great dog :pram:

So.. I assume you mean you put onions and mustard on the dog and took off your clothes to eat it right? I mean

naem
May 29, 2011

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

How could you die... if you've never lived?

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may, m-may never, die, mmmmm *eats a bunch of free samples*

naem
May 29, 2011

Wish I had space for a chest freezer in my tiny urban apt

naem
May 29, 2011

I see you've heard of the meat trick

naem
May 29, 2011

the good fax machine posted:

It's weird to see that I'm not the only one that goes to Costco for only a couple items, seems like everyone I see at the warehouse has a cart filled with $500 worth of poo poo

Some people try to min/max life like it's an mmo. Personally I play on a roll playing server

naem
May 29, 2011

Joburg posted:

2 pack of bear spray for only $40!!

delicious!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

In the news there was a guy who shot someone for hogging the samples at Costco. He was an American hero, imo

His spirit lives on among the brave of Doghalla