Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Ride The Gravitron posted:

My dealer works at Costco so I go in, get great savings and get my weed at the same time.

drat i already cant make it out of costco without spending 100 being able to buy weed there (i assume in bulk?) would kill me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

The Saucer Hovers posted:

The Costco I'm forced to shop at is the busiest Costco in the world.

If you think you've suffered come to my Costco.

ime any costco on a weekend morning is hell on earth

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

ChinaBob posted:

Can confirm. Doesn't matter who you are or where you live, Asians loving love Costco.

that's because they're good at math and know how good those loving savings are for real for real

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

haha costco does it again

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i bought a big thing of those snyders pretzel sticks and was going through them at a decent pace but got sick of them halfway through so there was a big pocket of air in the container. now theyre all stale

there's very few food items that i have found a way to make work for me but i still get tons of value out of my membership.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Teikanmi posted:

Get those garbage rear end watches outta here

Real men wear Jaeger-LeCoultre

this except audemars piguet

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
watches are only useful as a status symbol and have been for a long time

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i agree but i wish you'd come to my office and update everyone else on the situation

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

VendaGoat posted:

Gotta come out some time asswipe! :clint:

actually you could probably stake out and live at a costco for years and years without them ever making another delivery

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I sampled Costco mac&cheese and decided Stouffers frozen mac&cheese is better

have you tried kraft

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
it's like how a small soda in the united states is bigger than the largest soda they sell at the same fast food place in another part of the world

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

KakerMix posted:

lmao if you don't hit up Publix, Trader Joe's, Costco and Whole Foods on the reg cmon home slice

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
nah it's true in some places. in south america a large is like the small size here. i bet in asian countries same deal.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Super Waffle posted:

Bought a mega pack of toilet paper.

I can crap for years

i buy one of these like 4 times a year. charmin, natch, only the best for my bung. if i didnt live with a FEMALE i could probably stretch that to once or twice a year

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Chinatown posted:

i went to Trader Joes (TJs) tonight. :downsa:

whats your favorite ethnic trader brand

I am partial to trader giotti's. trader joses is alright too

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
goons just cannot stop talking about how their rear end wiping preferences when i can assure you nobody cares at all im going to keep buying the same toilet paper i have for years because i dont have a defective brain and butthole

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
had some sort of chicken and pasta alfredo thing from costco for lunch today it was pretty decent

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
they have some of those curved tvs at my work i think they are actually worse thn non-curved somehow like wtf is the point of that

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i just got a new tv that is the most basic thing possible it's an LG, 50", 1080 and it cost $350. looks great to me. gently caress all that other poo poo.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
youre probably just used to the picture after that long with it. i have a samsung monitor from like 2007 that i prefer to my macbook retina screen

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
it depends where you live. if youre in a medium to large city theres really no excuse to eat at a middle tier chain restaurant in fact they dont exist in the city limits where im at because they cant compete

it's mediocre italian food it might be considered good if it were cheaper

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
it's a great deal if you need 4 cars

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
amazon beats costco on a few items shipped straight to my door which is pretty crazy

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Costco credit card is the best overall deal for sure for anyone who has crunched the numbers

Ive been meaning to switch over to that

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
a friend of mine will only get gas at shell because he thinks v power is going to improve the value of his german automobile

at least shell has that kroger rewards program though so it is always 10 cents off for me

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
you use the kind of gas the owners manual calls for. in higher end cars the engine may require premium. sometimes it is just a recommendation however. if your engine isnt designed for high octane then there is zero benefit afaik.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
lately? 1.8T anyone?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i like being able to turn on my a/c in the summer without taking like a 33% hit in power

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i usually get the jamaica blue mountain blend coffee from there (beans). its fine for the price as my daily cup.

it comes in an orange bag

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
im open to try something better what is good ive tried a few of their other kinds that i thought were worse than blue mountain by a noticeable amount

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

toplitzin posted:

The silver bag Columbian is where it's at.

We cycle between that and rotating through the dark blends from Kicking Horse Coffee.

i usually buy counter culture for a really nice coffee but its like 12$ for a small bag. will give the colombian a shot i think ive seen it at my store

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
its merino wool socks season. i need to visit costco hopefully theyll have some along with good coffee

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i got some of the mini quiches (half cheddar and half spinach) for breakfast that caught my eye last time i was there. forgot about these things. theyre good for an easy breakfast. you can microwave them but they kinda suck unless you take the time to use an oven.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
thank you to whoever recommended the colombia supremo coffee. got some beans and some of the cold brew cans since the seasons changin. both are pretty good and yeah i do like the beans better than the blue mountain blend

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
yeah the vornado makes good space heaters. also had success with the ones made by delonghi that look like small radiators (cause thats what they are). they take longer to heat the room but seem to be really cheap to operate.

sincerely,
owner of a very old very cold home

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
wait ... costco does a burger ???

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Chinatown posted:

WHERES THE GODDAMN ONION DISPENSER

they should sell those. id mount one to my kitchen counter in a heartbeat

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i went today. didnt pick up anything noteworthy but it was very packed which is expected for a sunday. i guess the paper towel and toilet paper shortage is back. they had 0 of the former and only some generic white box brand of the latter probably the single ply poo poo

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
drat those do sound good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

binge crotching posted:

Costco is paying out an extra $10 dividend on the 11th of December. I wish I had more than a couple of shares, because that's a really nice payout.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/11/16/costco-declares-10-special-cash-dividend/

i dont own any stocks