Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

So one of my local costcos has poke salad and/or straight up sashimi in their refrigerated prepared foods. Anyone have experience before i drop 15 bucks on lovely tasting fish? (Obviously​ getting a dog and a combo slice either way)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Back in college, I once bought that huge tub of que bueno nacho cheese sauce. Simultaneously the worst and best purchase I've ever done at costco.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Cyborganizer posted:

My local Costco was robbed at closing time just the other day. Three suspects came in with ski masks to do a smash and grab on the glass jewelry display. The noble Costco employees responded by tackling one of the suspects and detaining him until police came. Would a Sam's Club employee do the same?

How is it that the costco in your rich rear end Danville/san ramon area doesnt have a gas station. loving travesty.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Is there anything that's particularly good snack/treat that would be good to bring to work and share? I've already done cosmos popcorn, those chocolate caramel pretzel things, and the deli cookies...

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Original_Z posted:

Woah, the Sauerkraut for the dogs isn't standard in the States? In the Japanese Costcos it's one of the condiments, right next to the onions in a big container. I always load my dog up with it!

It used to be that way here, but is now in little individual containers behind the counter. Probably a case of a few bad nonmembers ruining things for the rest of us.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

If you are able to wait a little bit before eating them, heat up those cookies just slightly. They are even better.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I have two that I wear regularly to church.

It's fair and appropriate to wear items to places where you bought them.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Anyone ever have those chocolate coconut almond ball things that are going to be on sale in a few days?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Xaris posted:

i wonder what less popular items they're replacing are.

aside from dog+pizza staple, we have between 2 different locations:

hot turkey & provolone sandwich $4 - 740 cals
chicken bake $3 - 770s
bbq brisket sandwich $5 - 610 cas
caesar salad $4 - 650 cal

none of those items are particularly good imo. brisket was eh and way too pricy, turkey sandwich really sucked. i dunno about the caeasar salad but lol at ordering that i dont think i ever saw anyone with it

actually i think turkey and caesar salad might be gone now since i dont remember seeing them, at least at my normal loc

If they're going to replace something at all, then yeah it's going to be either of the sandwiches. Chicken bake is definitely here to stay. And I order the salad sometimes...

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Socks4Hands posted:

Is everyone aware that you don't need a membership to use the food courts, even the indoor food courts?

There aren't many, but some Costco locations are much stricter on showing your membership card upon entry than others. In my personal experience, they are really only strict in locations where there are potentially a lot of homeless dudes.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Any opinions on these Kirkland belgian chocolate crepes that are gonna be on sale?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

There's two different companies that Costco carries for the sherpas. I don't know if one is supposed to be better than the other but they felt pretty similar when I caressed them wistfully.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Got a chicken bake last night, which is a rarity for me. I find that how enjoyable they are is directly related to how cold the weather is. Something about the warm gooeyness of it all makes it really satisfying on winter nights.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

If my closest theater didnt have 5.75 matinee tickets, then yeah this moviepass deal would be great. If you go to movies at normal times then get it. Also check the moviepass website to make sure that your local theater participates in it (it probably does).

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Relevant Tangent posted:

Watched a man eat 3/4ths of a Costco pepperoni pizza by himself today. It was inhuman.

I've eaten all but one slice before (not the crusts though). I had sat down just to eat one slice because it was fresh, and some random rear end in a top hat walked by and said "Can't eat all that". I was then determined to show him that yes, I could eat all that. Never again.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Teikanmi posted:

I went to Costco

I asked the lady if I could go in and get food court even though I had no membership

She said no

What am I to do, Costco thread goons?

Partake in the membership and join the rest of the congregation in the food court?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

belt posted:

Hey friends, just posting from the Costco food court enjoying a brat and my first refill waiting for fresh tires to be put on my car. Life is pretty good.

Remember that you can now make appointments for your free tire rotations. It sucked that you used to have to just wait for first come first serve.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

If ya'll like ramen, check to see if your costco has these http://nissinfoods.com/products/raoh-ramen
My closest warehouse stopped carrying them but some of the other nearby costcos still have it. So drat good. Comes in a black and green box.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

Does this exist in different packaging? I'm certain I've bought this brand from Costco but it didn't look anything like this. The product seems to be the same though.

Maybe? Theres different flavors... I've only seen the black and green (tonkatsu) ones at my costco though.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

FilthyImp posted:

The Cos in California had to add a sign near the entrance to remind folks to keep their yappy add pets out of temple.

Miniature horses are recognized service animals in california!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

arisu posted:

I've had a bulgogi bake in 2015, at a Taiwanese Costco. It was marvelous, and I desperately wish that they would offer it here.

God drat that looks good.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Depending on where you live, that may or may not be worth it. In socal, there's a bunch of kbbq places where if you're paying 15 bucks for that pack of meat, you might as well just go to a restaurant.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

binge crotching posted:

If you can find me a place in Koreatown that is selling more than 3 lbs of bulgogi for $15, I will be all over it. I've never tried that Costco pack, but it's an enormous amount of meat for $15.

I guess it depends on how much of it you're planning on eating at once. I have fond college memories of sitting in smallish hole in the wall kbbq restaurants and grilling for 3 hours for 12 bucks. I think we used to go to Westminster for that, but it's been awhile. Gen is now a big fancy chain, but it used to be pretty cheap for lunch, i think 15 or so? Its probably more expensive now since its even more popular than before.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I once waited 20 minutes at a Walmart "ship to store" area because they had a hard time finding my order. After standing in line at the cashier to pay, there was ANOTHER line to leave the store so they could check your receipt. gently caress that last line. That poo poo ain't costco. Walked out with some lady screaming "YOU HAVE TO WAIT". Sorry ma'am. Can't waste any more time in your lovely store.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Pizza that tastes good is good pizza.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Taima posted:

A refined and nuanced perspective worthy of your good name, friend.

Duck fat is good too. Put it in your mash potatoes. I don't think Costco carries it though.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

FCKGW posted:

A few weeks back I bought a single pack of socks from Costco and a hot dog at the food court. I accidentally handed her the hot dog receipt and she took two seconds to look at it, marked it off and sent me on my way.

What. Isn't the food court court receipt yellow while the others are white? She must have been thinkin bout them dogs.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Chinatown posted:

Dealerships are full of idiots who say stuff like this. Ignore it. Also, unless you are under warranty, do not under and circumstance take your car to a dealership for repairs/oil/tire changes.

Why? With all the coupons my dealer gives me it comes out to the same price as jiffy libe or whatever. It's not like im gonna get anything else done there besides the oil change. And in my experience, the guys at my dealership don't leave a mess around the pan and such like I sometimes get at a jiffy lube.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

say no to bats posted:

There's definitely exceptions though

Wait, are you saying that I CAN'T punch hitler?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

belt posted:

The receipt checker called me "chief" and "captain" the last time I went to Costco.

I'm a 34 year old man.

I don't think it's an age thing though? I mean, yeah people say that to little kids. But there are people that just say things like "Here you go, boss" to everyone.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Good al pastor can actually be difficult to find. I think the marinade is difficult to get just right, and some Mexican places/taquerias just aren't good at it.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

FogHelmut posted:

One time I drove to Costco by myself and sat at one of the picnic tables eating a hot dog. It was surprisingly satisfying. Going to try going to the movies by myself next. I'm not quite middle age yet, but it's looking pretty good.

Going to watch a movie really isn't that social of an activity unless you plan on yelling at the screen together or something.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Went to a different Costco yesterday. It...it didn't serve pizza in the food court :ohdear:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Tell me of some tasty chocolate products carried at costco. I've done costco cookies, those sanders caramels that are on sale, the chocolate and coconut covered nuts (that arent carried anymore)...

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I ended up just getting a pack of those Lindor chocolates that are on sale. I got the variety pack, but the costco I went to also had packs of the mango and cream white chocolate ones. I wasn't brave enough to try those, but the person in line next to me bought 8 of them. I may have regrets...

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Bucnasti posted:

The brownie bites. In the bread aisle, they come in a tub and will make you a hero if you take one to work or a party.

Alright gonna do this next time. They're kirkland? Or some other brand

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

That hammock looks fuckin epic qtiyd

I'm down, and I'd buy it if I had an actual yard to put it in. I think it's frowned upon to have an indoor hammock.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Taima posted:

I just don't know how to respond to that, they are objectively bad cookies. Have you just never had a good cookie or something

What other store bought cookies are better? Like yeah obviously if you got to a nice bakery or bake and eat them fresh yourself then they gonna be better.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Tried the burger today. Very average, and at 5 bucks probably not something I'd get again. A rare misstep by the church.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Ultimate Mango posted:

Double mistake in that you can’t order it how you want. Burgs are very personal things.

And burgers are such common food items too. You're bound to have a better burger plave near where you live. At least the brisket sandwich was a little different.