Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

My spouse and I joined up today only because I thought the membership fees were monthly, not annual :v

The booze savings alone are great, I'm glad to be in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Made my first booze purchase, and a handle of Dewar's 12 for $30 is sick. The unbridled hedonism of it all.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I got the Kirkland Greek yogurt, probiotic granola, and frozen spinach frittatas for breakfast on this work trip and they're all pretty dang good. Definitely beats burger king breakfast every morning.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

What is a BJ's?

If I have to ask I can't afford it. But really I don't know.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

My sister bit a churrø once...

E: a terrible snipe. I'm going to church soon for more probiotic yogurt and granola to fool myself that my farts are a sign of good health.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Oh man we made a big trip today.

First, got the Braun 9 electric shaver. I've been a safety razor guy for a while, but I'm having a good time with it. The charging/washing stand is both precious and amazing. It has a little hot air fan in there to dry it off.

We got an indoor palm tree. I'm not sure what his name should be. I'm thinking Emerson Lake.

We also got a string of lights with a solar powered base for our gazebo and it fully owns. They have replaceable bulbs, too, and it's looking great. I may just pop the other in my camping kit.

Blended scotch: substantially better than I thought anything could be for $18/handle. Definitely needs to air because it smells an awful lot like tequila right when you open it.

Getting ready to host a family barbecue this weekend to celebrate being fully vaccinated, so just a mess of snacks and booze.

How's the Kirkland citra hop session IPA? We got a 24 rack, so if nobody knows I'll post a trip report.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Ultimate Mango posted:

The Citra Hop Session sucks. It does not at all taste like Citra Hops we’re involved in any part of the process.

Well it's so my family stays out of the New Glarus stash, so I have no issue subjecting them to it

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

thathonkey posted:

very interested in these. does anyone have a link to them on the site so I can evaluate before seeing if theyre in stock at my local co?

Braun:

https://www.costco.com/braun-series-9-shaver-with-clean-and-charge-system.product.100735848.html

Lights I could not find on the website, but I believe they are these:

https://sunforceproducts.com/products/solar-string-lights-15-led-bulbs/

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

thathonkey posted:

thanks, how close of a shave does the braun give compared with a normal safety blade? ive never liked electric for anything other than trimmer but its been over a decade since i tried one they probably gotten better

It's not the same, but it's definitely good. It really wants to go against the grain, and it's kinda particular about it. I've only used it twice so far, though.

Both dry and wet shaving cream went well, I liked the cream more. I'm going to try using Crema tomorrow.

I'm down with it, and I'll just save my safety razor for when I feel like treating myself.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

DarkHorse posted:

When I used an electric razor I found moving in small circles worked the best. Because it needs a blade guard it's harder for the cutting edge to get closer, so going in a little circle maximizes the chance you can get a hair to stand up

Ooh nice, I'll give it a shot!

I'm really enjoying it overall. The trimmer thing on the back is pretty rad. And I cannot stress enough that the base is darling.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Bigchops posted:

KIRKLAND BEER ALERT

I'm at the Hayward regular warehouse and there are 24 packs of Kirkland brand Citra Hop Session IPA for $19.99. I'll add photos once I'm done shopping.

Oh poo poo that's right I had one today and it was perfectly serviceable. The citra hop part is definitely supposed to just make it seem fancier.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I've never heard of someone storing apples in the fridge, unless they're like cut in half for a recipe and didn't need the whole thing or something.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I learned that my Costco has ceviche and I'm pretty interested in that. Any thread experience?

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Ha! I picked up a few cases, it's a fabulous crusher. I wonder if they changed the recipe from the poor experiences folks had earlier.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

DeesGrandpa posted:

Hey we found the one Costco w liqour in the state. Which Kirkland brand booze do we want

The blended Scotch is excellent - $18/handle over here in Chicago.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

fizzymercury posted:

I only said it because I know for a fact that Germ-X is zesty.

e I was in Unit 2-B when I found out

Excellent user/post combo.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

david_a posted:

The gin used to be OK but they recently recalled it (!) after switching suppliers. I don’t know if it’s back up to par yet.

Y'know, I thought I had seen a Kirkland gin but haven't been able to find it and I thought I had imagined it, so thanks for reporting on that! Hopefully it'll come back soon. And is good.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Oh man super points if it's Appleton - Costco, REI, and Woodman's in an extremely cute town is so my jam.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Gotta out myself, what does PBUC mean?

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Thank you thread.

I got turkey breast and havarti cheese slices for my sandwiches this week and a hot dog and pizza slice for lunch.

A blessed quick trip. I saw someone had the Momo-san fancy ramen in their cart at mine while I was there, but I just bought a ton of ramen and had to abstain in the face of temptation.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Has gin made it back to anyone's Costco? I'm going to pick more up soon, but I'm wondering if my store ever stocks it at all.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

FogHelmut posted:

I picked up some kind of Japanese gin a little while ago, its good, it tastes like gin. Not a fan of those gins that take huge liberties with flavors.

Oh yeah, I meant to specify Kirkland. I wish we got the Roku gin, it's fantastic for lighter cocktails like a Tom Collins.

I'm willing to go for the Kirkland, but I haven't seen it at my store.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I don't know if I shared this, but the Momosan ramen is good, as far as instant ramen goes.

Got the thick sliced turkey breasts in there with some other fixings like kimchi and hot oil. Do recommend.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Oh hell yeah I'm hitting the co for lunch today

E: A shameful snipe, PBUC

karthun posted:

I would like to report that onions and relish are back at Costco. I repeat, onions and relish are back.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I finally started using the Kirkland stir fry veggie melange in my curries, and it's been fantastic. Very low effort way to get some real life vitamins and junk.

The Small Batch 1792 bourbon is really really good. I'm very excited to try the bottled in bond and barrel strength varieties when they hit my store.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

It's back! PBUC

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Having it in my negroni right now, and it's good!

I'll have a full trip report at some point with a few gin drinks and cocktails, but it'll be some weeks. Gotta travel for work.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

pentyne posted:

These 505 Hatch Chiles are insane. The ingredients are just chili and spices what witchcraft are they brewing up in their factory?

Also gotta say the only reason I've finally tried them is for some reason the Costco near me has never had them in stock and Sams Club is now carrying them.

I think the big difference if the chilis get roasted, if my green salsa is the same as yours.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I'm out of town for a few weeks and gobbless Kirkland wet wipes for saving my sensitive bidet spoiled bits from single ply hotel and trailer TP.

The inclusion of two travel size packs is genius, but I did not see just a package of those.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Saw some Kirkland Barton 1792 Bottled in Bond and snagged it today, will provide a trip report. The regular might be one of my favorite bourbons period, so I'm amped for this one

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Trip report gonna have to wait until my local church gets it. Just isn't hitting right in the disposable plastic hotel cups

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

The hatch 505 is super good on beefy beans and rice. Much like giardiniera, it instantly turns whatever it touches into salad.

PBUC.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

How's the regular bedding at Costco? Just discovered a massive tear ok my favorite set :smith:

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Yeah that type of stuff - I was trying to differentiate from the good sounding blankets mentioned just before my post. Glad to hear it's looking good, thanks guys!

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Managed to get the green ones I wanted, gonna put them through the wash and sleep tight.

Thanks for the help friendos!

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I might put some in the vegan macaroni, which is rather good as a base for putting whatever the hell in there.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Picked up a pair of those Orvis flannels at my local church. They're more of a chore overshirt, so you may want to get it a size up. They are comfy as all hell, though. And only like $17, so pretty dang good.

I'm now extra excited for the autumn weather.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

PBUC

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

schreibs posted:

This doesnt make sense. Price per each what? Each can would be 41 cents. Why is this bothering me so much?

Rang up as $10.20, so I'll take it. Hope it's just to get rid of labor day excess and not going away forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

It's perfectly crushable and pretty much whips the rear end of anything at that price.

Here in Chicago, the Revolution 18 packs are about the same price, and about equally as tasty for the styles that come in that format.

If you want nice beer, splash out for it, I guess. It's a daily driver.