Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Went to Costco in Taiwan, they had Bugolgi Bakes.

Cost: $3 USD.

Almost moved to Taiwan just to keep that in my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

I don't like that they blade tenderize the rib eye caps.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

I haven't tried sous vide-ing a pork butt yet, I just can't imagine making pulled pork without smoking it. I should try one of these days but I love breaking out my smoker.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

You can get dogs without the membership.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Mr. Unlucky posted:

the costco thread and the sardine thread should merge and form the most depressing forum thread to ever exist.

This is probably the happiest thread I've seen in all of the forums.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

smoobles posted:

CostCo gonna start selling Sams Clubs

Buyers gotta appreciate Costco return policies

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

smoobles posted:

Thinking of buying some CostCo cap steaks for dinner, pros/cons??

Pros: fuckin delicious

Cons: blade tenderized, so you should cook it higher temp than normal steaks so if you like rarer steaks it kind of sucks (I did not do this because the first time I bought them I did not read the blade tenderized part, I managed to live though)

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Otto Von Jizzmark posted:

Anyone else ever have the bulgogi bake at korean costco? Back in 2007-2010 at least. It was really good and i wish they had it here.

Speaking of the korean costco. In the cafeteria all the koreans would load a plate full of onions, relish, mustard, and ketchup in a giant pile. In korea they always give you pickles with pizza but the giant condiment piles were still bizzarre.

I've had a bulgogi bake in 2015, at a Taiwanese Costco. It was marvelous, and I desperately wish that they would offer it here.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Yea I got the 55 inch TCL S series TV, paid $350 before taxes in December for it. $330 is awesome.

The only complaint I have with it is that the TV speakers seem extra lovely. I was ok with the TV speakers on the 55" Toshiba that the TCL replaced, but I had to pick up a sound bar for this TV.

The built in Roku is snappy and fast though. I resisted getting a Smart TV in 2013 when I bought my Toshiba because all Smart TV UI looked like pulling teeth, but I'm glad to see they're in a good state now.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Is the Acer Chromebook costco sells good

Are you talking about this one?

https://www.costco.com/Acer-14%22-Chromebook-Bundle---Intel-Celeron---1080p---Bonus-Acer-Wireless-Mouse.product.100368030.html

I have that one (didn't buy from the 'co, forgive me).

It's a fantastic machine. Battery lasts 9+ hours, 1080p IPS screen is real nice, and it feels snappy. For an internet machine, it's great.

My work even has Office 365, so I could log in office.com and use the web stuff. It's not as powerful as the real thing, but it'll do in a pinch.

For that price, getting an all aluminum all day long machine is great!

pezzie fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Feb 27, 2018

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Trastion posted:

I am fine with anyone being Vegan. I just don't want to hear about it all the time. Shut the gently caress up Janet. No one cares but you, I'm trying to enjoy my steak over here.

Same.

You eat what you wanna eat. I'll eat what I wanna eat. All cool.

Confession time

I eat my Costco hot doggos plain.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Costco polish and hot doggo are both great. Switch between them for variety!

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6lGaYh71g4

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Another pro tip, you can order food court items while checking out at the register. They can ring you up and you pay for it with all your other stuff. Then you can bypass the food court line, bring your receipt to the pick up window, and they'll get it out for you.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

sexy tiger boobs posted:

I tried to do this at the last co I worshiped at (Phoenix maybe?) and they said they don't do that anymore, so ymmv.

Wow really? Last time I did it was like a year ago but I didn't hear anything about them removing it. That sucks.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

This weekend I bought some Costco pre-marinated bugolgi and a bag of frozen normandy veggies.

Today I stir fried the two together.

PBUC

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Trastion posted:

I wish they sold this in like 1/4 or 1/2 size portions. I want to try it but my family probably won't eat it and it would be too much just for me. I guess i could freeze it but it still is costly for such a big container.

Yea that's what I did too. Just portion it out and freeze them in smaller bags. I only used 1/3 of it last night when I cooked, and that's still enough for 2 meals.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

It's basically thinly sliced beef bunched together, you don't really need to cut it up. It peels apart, though cold it has a tendency to stick together.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Also, like, what if you want to make something in the instant pot that goes good with rice?

Keep yo rice cookers

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

I've had a bbq'd smoked bologna before and I enjoyed it a lot!

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

I'm actually a huge fan of the Costco chicken bakes. More so than their pizza at least. You can find good pizza anywhere but the chicken bake is a terrific value at 2.99 and I still think it's delicious. It's not as good of a deal as the doggo but man does not live on doggos alone

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

I had a bugolgi bake 3 years ago in Taiwan and it still makes me so mad it's not here in the US.

C'mon Costco, people might not know what bugolgi is here but just put it out anyway, it's delicious and word of mouth will spread! Just call it a beef bake or something.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

El Jebus posted:

Does it have Kimchi in it? Because this sounds amazing.

No kimchi, I believe it was just beef, cheese, and green onions. Had that sweet bugolgi marinade sauce though, and the same outer layer for the chicken bake.

Not the greatest photo I've ever taken but it was super delicious:

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

skooma512 posted:

Cheese and bulgogi :catstare:

1) It's absolutely delicious and it works

2) Koreans put cheese on god damned everything and it's awesome.

Cheese and ribs

Cheese and corn

Cheese and fire chicken

Cheese and spicy rice cake stew

Koreans love their cheese and I love their cheesy dishes.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Taima posted:

So the takeaway here is don't trust Korean steak loaded with sugar and have some self respect.

Sir, the boring person thread is over there

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

That 2-3 tablespoons of sugar is in the marinade, a huge amount of which is chucked away.

I'm not gonna say bugolgi is the healthiest food but you're going way too nuts on this.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

I went to my first Costco Business Center today. It is totally different but totally the same!

I did pick up 15 lb of beef short ribs and a 12 lb pork butt, gonna smoke some good bbq on Friday for some visiting guests! All that meat for just a bit over $100, PBUC

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

I've honestly never had a bad experience with a credit card company when a card is compromised or lost. They all seem to bend over backwards to make sure I don't have to pay for the stuff I didn't buy and get me a new card ASAP.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Food Wishes is a fantastic cooking channel and I literally learned how to cook from him a few years ago.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

I'm on Keto right now.

Thinking bout them bunless dogs...

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

I have that TCL, bought it December of last year for $370.

It is the best TV I've ever owned. It looks great. It's got really impressive input lag specs so it's super great for gaming. The built in Roku is really smooth too, most smart TV UI interfaces I've used suck balls but I like that they're using Roku instead of their own thing.

The HDR isn't great but at this price I won't complain. Still, paired with my PS4 Pro and everything looks amazing. Currently plowing RDR2 on it (yes I know RDR2 HDR blows it's not this TV's fault).

I did do what others in this thread are suggesting though and paired it with a sound bar. I got a Yamaha one that can control via HDMI, so it just turns on when my TV does and I can control the volume using the TV's remote.

At $270 that TV is a god damned steal. 3 years ago I didn't know what TCL is and now they are probably my favorite TV manufacturer.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Yea my mom lives in Taiwan but uses her card just fine in the US when she's here.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Chicken bakes are delicious

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Propaganda Machine posted:

Hey Costco goons, quick question:

I don't have a car anymore so I let my membership lapse, but I need to get a new TV soon, and probably something nicer than the lovely thing I got for $200 six years ago.

My question is if there's enough savings on any given nice-ish Costco tv to justify getting a new membership that I might use once or twice more over the course of the year, if I'm lucky. Meaning, do you save $50 (or more) by buying a tv from Costco?

If you only really want to make one purchase, just bring a buddy with a membership with you. That's what I used to do before I got my own membership. Unless literally none of your friends/family have a membership either.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

I'm not going to say Kirkland is the softest, most comforting toilet paper I've ever used, but it's more than plenty fine. People that feel it's too rough must have asses made of cotton candy or something.

I'm still going to buy Kirkland because it's a fantastic value and it gets the job done.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

My toilet paper lasts forever cause I try to get my pooping in on company time

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Willias posted:

The gently caress? Potatoes on pizza?

...why the gently caress isn't that a thing over here in the states?

It's easy to find in California but we throw anything on anything

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

I have a lovely remote fan that works great right now and I'm still considering this. :(

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

sweet thursday posted:

How do I not spend $500 every time I go to Costco?

Bring a friend who will take non essentials out of the cart and put them back after you add them to your cart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

There was a period of time in my life when I had both Sam's and Costco. The only time I opted for Sam's over Costco was when I needed to pick something up quick and wanted to get in and out, Sam's Club lines are way shorter and the one at my place had self checkout.

Those few cases were not worth keeping the Sam's Club membership so now I'm 'Co only!