Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

BLARGHLE posted:

I owned a landscaping company for a few years, and that truck is all I have left of it. I agree that it is not a practical vehicle, and I only drive it maybe one day a week- maybe 2000 miles a year.

It's a nice truck- a Chevy Silverado 2500 with pretty much all of the options, but the gas requirements make it impractical for basically everything other than hauling dirt and mowers.

Also, it'll get up and go when it has to. Nothing can really compare to the roar of eight big cylinders pumping their way towards 100, which is sadly what it as governed at.

I mean, it's probably better that the 5500lbs truck won't go over 100mph, because who knows how it would handle, but it's also really disappointing to get up there and hit the governor.

The correct response was
"get hosed scrub :911:"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

ballistics statistics posted:

Hey fuckheads, if you're expecting an isolated shopping experience where other people aren't telling you to get the gently caress out of the way, maybe you should look at how Costco makes money again.

You pay money to get poo poo for cheap. So do other people. This isn't Whole Foods, this is the jungle. You pay whatever you pay per year to get the cheapest poo poo you can. How you get it is up to you, all Costco has to do is put the pallets out there. And make a goddam amazing food court that makes their take and bake stuff taste amazing.

I unironically like Costco for the way they do business and treat their employees and tell their share holders to go gently caress themselves. Getting poo poo for cheap is a bonus, the way they do business and the quality of their products is the real draw for me. Retail done right.

Also I wish I didn't have empathy!

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

MakaVillian posted:

Actually the ultimate goal of Costco is to "reward our shareholders", which they do as the share price is hovering around $150.

Ask me about waking up at 3am to work at receiving in a Costco warehouse. Actually don't, I have to go to bed in half an hour.

According to their pledge thing on the inside of the stores shareholders are third on the list for importance.
I don't really care too much though, it's just Costco seems to do things right.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Costco goon meet tomorrow?

Ok, I'm the white guy

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Chinatown posted:

all of your neighbors want to murder you.

When we first moved into our house 4 years ago we had a lot of stray and feral cats running around pissing, making GBS threads and killing lots of birds and lizards (you know, the natural and native wildlife). We first got a trap from the county and caught 3 ferals the first week. We then just bought our own cat trap and caught, total, 17 (That's a one with a seven after it) in a three month period. We have a neighbor two houses down that we call the 'crazy cat lady', you know the type, unkempt, probably-hoarder as seen by all the poo poo under her carport who just *hates* us for doing that, even though at the time we had our own cat that was indoors and not loving up nature.
One time we caught this sweet little kitten that we ended up giving to our other neighbors down the road, they named her 'Sugar'. One time she escaped the house and they were looking for her, told us about it and hung some Lost Cat flyers around with a picture. The next day we got a text from them saying they found her, she was fine and everything was gravy. When I got the mail there was one of their flyers stuffed in our mailbox with a very serial-killer like crookedly-written 'CAT KILLER' along the bottom of the flyer. lmao @ crazy cat lady

Anyway yeah feeding feral cats is probably doing untold amounts of ecological damage so if you are cool with that and also don't give a poo poo about anyone else around you then keep on feeding them. Just know that you are doing far, far more damage that you realize.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I didn't know feeding hungry domestic animals was so controversial

1) I have had the same three cats coming to my home for years. I am not attracting any new ones.

2) I've trapped every one of them, paid to get them fixed, and released them

3) one of them had a neurological disorder where he walked like he was drunk all of the time. Could barely cross the street. I trapped him and got him a permanent home. He would have been hit by a car or raccoon food a week later.

4) My neighbors love me and my loud rap music

What controversy? Feral cats are a nuisance at best (cat poo poo in your garden) and ecological disasters at worst (rip native bird populations). Domesticated cats should be inside with people, on their laps and jumping on their keyboards demanding attention, not out getting hit by cars and getting trapped by angry neighbors like me when they wander into my yard.

Like yeah do what you are going to do and say whatever you want to say to yourself to make yourself feel good about it but a feral cat is an invasive pest.

I looked to see if Costco sold cat traps and this is what I've found:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Chinatown posted:

youre very negative

I bet he is a :siren:non member :siren:

VendaGoat posted:

Beats being fleeced by a corporation that has someone convinced people that they need to buy an 11 year supply of cling wrap.

And a $4,000 watch.

And thirty pounds of chex mix.

Say it to my face but my face is on the members only side at the entrance of Costco past the lady holding the little clicker :smug:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

VendaGoat posted:

Gotta come out some time asswipe! :clint:

Too late I ducked behind the 8-ft wide box filled with microfiber throws think I'll stay overnight

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Richard M Nixon posted:

As someone who does all of his grocery shopping at Whole Foods like a proper smug millenial, lmbo @ buying your food at a warehouse. *snacks on artisnal cheez-it type snacks and la croix*

lmao if you don't hit up Publix, Trader Joe's, Costco and Whole Foods on the reg cmon home slice

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Haverchuck posted:

trader joes stores are always too small as well and they are owned by the same company, its some kind of psychological tactic

Trader Joe's is the highest profit-per size grocery store there is. $$$$$

Also it loving OWNS.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

The ol duck dick cinnamon stick

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

kazr posted:

5 lbs of walnuts for 9 loving dollars

3 pounds of fresh broccoli for 5 bucks sooonnnnn

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Dely Apple posted:

They had a nice layering sweater out and every single one out of 40 were Medium. America is getting back into shape apparently.

I can't wear any clothes from Costco besides socks because they don't have size small shirts.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

500 good dogs posted:

amazon prime plus amazon visa card with 5% cash back on amazon purchases is all I need

Amazon and Costco are cool together why wouldn't you use both???

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I guess it's basically a "I will never be able to afford a car that requires premium" type thing so it's out of my realm.

I dunno I just picked up a 95 Lexus SC300 for 6gs, and it requires premium.
Yes I am an old white man but this car also has a 5 speed manual transmission so it is a 'cool' Lexus.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
I mean I have a Costco membership and def. look down on anyone without one and I will also look down on anyone that doesn't have a car that requires ~premium~

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Meydey posted:

Umm, they are the same size? (grabs ruler and heads to the food court)

"Sir your penis is not a membership card"

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Bought a motherfuckin' TREE at Costco my bros, 12 ft Fishtail palm for $60 goddam dollars. That's easily half the price if not more anywhere else.

And you know I filled up on fuel too.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Kelp Me! posted:

I've never been inside a Sam's Club tbh, the idea of literally a bulk Walmart is too revolting

It's exactly like you think it is.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Seems pretty not-Costco to judge a man by the sauce he puts on his dog. I knew a guy who claimed 'ketchup is childish' and yet had anime wall scrolls all over his room.
Be careful about where you place your judgement friends, Costco doesn't judge and neither should you.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

:stare: You feed your kids 10lbs of hot dogs a week? I mean, sure Kirkland Brand Hot Dogs are wonderful.... but I think you may be unknowingly murdering your children. Check out the produce section maybe.

I uh

Hmm

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Taima posted:

Therefore if you return a package of protein bars just because they don't taste good to your palate, you're being a douche. My recommendation would be to sack up, eat the bars and stop being a pussy but that's just me.

Or they aren't satisfied with the product and Costco wants them returned and he should because Costco provides.

That people consistently get wrong what Costco is baffles me.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

maniacripper posted:

Amazon isn't buying Whole Foods to run Whole Foods, they're buying Whole Foods to take over the grocery business.

Remember when Amazon tried to take over the cell phone market? They really blazed a trail there :v:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Geoj posted:

Probably depends on who you get or the proximity of a member of management. My theory is there are a bunch of esoteric rules that only get enforced when someone feels like going on a power trip or they're being closely watched.

For instance I've taken friends a few times and the cashier never said anything, but the last time I took someone with me when he tried to pay the cashier said he would either have to pay cash or buy a membership when he tried to use his debit card - something about "the name on the payment card has to match the name on the membership card."

Yeah same, but we just bought their stuff too and then the cashier just highlighted the amount our friend owed us. So it's not like she didn't want to do it, it was that she had to do it in a way that made sense with the transaction system. Either way that friend did end up getting a membership afterward so it all worked out anyway.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Soon there won't be any truckers anyway, the problem will correct itself.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Dely Apple posted:

They have these Brioche Hot Dog buns at my 'co that hold a Mariners quarter pound dog fine enough. And they are soft and keep well in the fridge if need be.

I mean all are welcome at Costco but I must inform you refrigerating your bread does you a disservice.

Same with potatoes.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

I have a Costco shrine: it's the small mountain of drinks, canned goods, and empty cardboard boxes i have in a big pile in the corner of the kitchen because I'm too lazy to unpack it all. I make blood sacrifices to it every time I'm drunk and wander into the kitchen with the lights off

This but it's the 2 packages of bottled water, package of paper towels and pack of tissues by the front door. Maybe tomorrow I'll put it all away...

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

FogHelmut posted:

Where you getting 93 octane? It's only 91 around here.

Florida flows with 93

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

FAGGY CLAUSE posted:

How the gently caress is it 100% beef, but then it has pork?

The beef it has is 100% grass fed, but it also has pork. Which is not 100% grass fed beef.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Scored 6 packs of those 32 degree cool shirts that were on clearance. Turns out that all they had left were small. Hells2the yeah motherfuckers 2.50 a shirt

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Costco now has their own brand of once dailies and you know I'll be switching to them.
They are going to be the identical brand I am currently wearing just with glorious KIRKLAND on the box.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Taima posted:

Too much ketchup - not believable - very poorly executed. You have to at least attempt to seem credible or no one is going to bite.

It's a 1.50 dog @ Costco, thou shall not judge

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Shoyu Ramen w/ chicken they have in the frozen section of our Costco is loving great. I pair it with a croissant from the bakery and have a very good time eating them.
Costco switching to the plastic bins vs. plastic wrap cardboard has been aces.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Chinatown posted:

Nice I was wondering if those were good. Going probably late this week to stock up for my birthday weekend :cheers: so I'll snag that too!

Don't get the Cuisine Adventures frozen ramen soup. It's bad. I literally just threw the rest of mine away yesterday.

Same with some frozen Yakisoba stuff. Terrible.

Right don't get whatever the hell that stuff is, get this stuff

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
As soon as I run out of the last of the dailies I have I'm going to be switching to Costco brand daily wear contacts. I will give a trip report when I do. :patriot:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
crossposting from the Irma Party Thread

KakerMix posted:

Sarasota Costco: No Carts
Also no more D batteries. Or generators. Or probably water now.

EDIT
I did pick up the last Yeti 1000 Lithuim power pack though. Generators are for outside, this thing can be inside.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

DNK posted:

I'm pissed that they ruined the soy milk. Now it's soy drank and bad.

Trader Joes still soldiers on :patriot:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
You guys ever see Costco out of croissants? I have. It is something I'd rather not relive.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

FilthyImp posted:

Aint nothing compared to a chicken run, mang

I've got to level with you guys. I think the rotisserie chicken at Costco is too salty.

I know, I know. But I did find out a few years ago that I'm a 'super taster' so I can blame that right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

TheManWithNoName posted:

My cheap Chinese TCL TV is a lemon. Just barely outside of the 90 days of course. And the concierge repair service phone number has been shut down due to the hurricanes. I'm going to try and exchange it today at the store, pray for me goons.

I predict you will have no issues friend.