Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
One of this first things I'm doing after my vax has fully kicked in is I'm getting a haircut

The second thing is I'm finally going back to Costco

I'm so excited

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Is Costco doing samples again yet? When I was younger and lived literally next door to the world's largest costco my saturday breakfast was always costco samples and I miss them dearly :(

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Bloodplay it again posted:

Yes and I hate it. It really sucks to try and shop, especially in the snack section, because the aisles are already only 4' wide or so and I get sick of navigating around wide-eyed "oh fruit by the foot I wonder what this exotic delicacy tastes like" crowds. The best thing about the pandemic was the removal of the sample stations.

Call me a heretic, but I'd trade onion dispenser for removal of all sample stations in a goddamned heartbeat.

Now they just hand out sealed, pre-packaged things as I deliberate whether it is worth diving into Night of the Living Dead for a box of granola bars.

Edit: sorry, sex master, for being a grump and destroying your memories.

Nah it's cool - I don't expect everyone to agree with me, just most people ;)

but I actually do agree that the onion dispenser > all. Idk what it is about those particular onions, but they just work for Costco hot dogs

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

pnumoman posted:

I believe

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

RocketLunatic posted:

Yeah, I don’t know why people use Costco Tires. Always so expensive even for a get the 4th tire free deal (which is just routine sort of deal). Maybe the quality is better? They just seem to be name brand tires that you can get anywhere.

I tend to go to neighborhood shops run by Korean families and they give me a great deal. And the tires are fine.

Their warranty sold me, and also I know like 70% of places are gonna have a Costco nearby whereas if I go somewhere else there's no guarantee that they're gonna have a place to use the warranty for me

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

I generally love Costco samples in the before times but the absolute worst one I've ever had was microwaved breaded calamari

I was like 12 or some poo poo and had never had any sort of calamari before and let me tell you I learned that day that calamari should never be microwaved. It was like chewing on a tire but somehow less tasty

Pretty sure that didn't last long at Costco

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Gatts posted:

No but each fridge and freezer has a logic associated with it. And also for when I host stuff. One in the basement is empty.

For what? Your final victim?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Hell Yeah posted:

you shouldn't kill your relatives and put their bodies in the unused downstairs freezer. that's not the costco way

You could get a decent distribution network of Kirkland Brand Human Flesh going tbh

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

thathonkey posted:

someone please help me budget my fridges ive got two dozen at home with more on the way

Books: $30/mo
Utilities: $600/mo
Food: $0/mo
Fridges: $8000/mo
Rent: $1600/mo

Someone who's good with budgeting please help me my family's dead in the fridges

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

thathonkey posted:

you dont need to be a member of costco to go to the food court right? so really if youre nearby to a costco already and need lunch it would be extremely irresponsible to eat anywhere else

Honestly you can always say "I'm going to the membership counter" and then head off to the food court because they're usually near each other

I've done it before even though I'm a member

but become one of us

become free

become a Costcoer

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Bucnasti posted:

Yeah I've regularly gone to Costco just to get dogs and pizza with co-workers. Now I work from home so every lunch is a Costco lunch.

:hmmyes:

the one by my parents' place used to have the polish dogs and I miss them terribly tbh

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Hasselblad posted:

Meat with flavor = bad?

:wtc:

See: the Dakotas and Minnesota

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

I need to go to Costco for needs but I have wants:

Needs:
Toilet paper
Paper towels
Dishwasher pods (seriously someone gave my ex dishwasher pods last year before the pandemic took hold and I just ran out this week)

Wants:

New pots and pans set
New plates (If they have them)
Vitamix
Probably some baking stuff? Idk
And probably like 16 other things I will want and will take all my energy not to get

Why must I be responsible :cry:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

norp posted:

Slightly different but I bought a 7000 series Philips/norelco beard trimmer a while back and it had wear parts that weren't considered replaceable units. It fell apart after less than 5 battery cycles.

Replaced it with a much cheaper Wahl that has a similar part break but Wahl actually sell a replacement *at retail* for $15 and the replacement part has been going strong since as it's the part for a much higher end trimmer.

I got a Wahl last year and I have charged it exactly once

The battery life on that poo poo is insane!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Chinatown posted:

Beef prices have gone up a ton due to a combination of stuff including cyberattacks of all things.

Yeah inflation is a bitch right now but hopefully there should be signs of easing in the fall

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Perfect dog to bun ratio. The bun is just a vessel for the dog.

:worship:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Rufio posted:

I had a slice of pepperoni pizza last time I went to the Co and I was very disappointed. I don't think I've experienced a greasier pizza in my life. I couldn't even finish it.

Your heresy is unwelcome in this sacred temple

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

I must confess a sin

I have never had the Costco rotisserie chicken

I must rectify my sins soon

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Chinatown posted:

I see Kirkland and I know I'm getting quality. :colbert:

New thread title

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Cyrano4747 posted:

Wtf who debates getting the dog?

The pro move is to get the dog first and eat it before shopping so you’re not hungry while looking at impulse buy food items.

:hmmyes:

Pro tier Costco shopper right here

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

FogHelmut posted:

Also wash your cast iron with soap. If your seasoning comes off, you did a poo poo job seasoning. Just don't let it soak overnight or something like that.

:stare:

Son we gotta talk

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

GORDON posted:

Jeebus. Now using the long hose is going to join the zipper merge with "things I know I'm doing correctly but people are going to give me the stink-eye over." Sigh.

Anyone know when beef prices are coming down? My Costco strip loin (prime) was about 50% more expensive than usual, the other day.

Depends on when inflation eases. The Fed is confident this is temporary but we should know in about 3-6 months whether it's started to ease or not

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

bird with big dick posted:

Meat prices aren’t up because of general inflation they’re up because of labor shortages in the meat packing industry, demand surging due to restaurants reopening, and big increases in the cost of corn and soybean feed.

What do you know about labor shortages you are a bird with a big dick!!!!!!!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

FilthyImp posted:

Chicken Thighs are good and cheap and were my go-to as a cheap college student making teriyaki chicken bowls but drat are they greasy

Just throw them on a rack in the oven - that'll fix that issue

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Gonna bury my face between all your juicy thighs

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Hed posted:

Dude… recipe???

Same you can't just say this and not drop the recipe

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

NewFatMike posted:

Gotta out myself, what does PBUC mean?

Patting Butter Under Crotches

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

I feel like the $1.50 hot dog is so ingrained now that if they did try to raise the price there would be holy hell and they'd have to retreat within days

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

I went to Costco this weekend but I forgot that they got rid of the combo pizza :cry:

The pepperoni is fine, but it's not the same

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

:lol:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

pseudanonymous posted:

I like Costco a lot but I don't like hotdogs and I've never gotten a hotdog there and I won't.

There I said it.

You are an affront to Costco and Its teachings!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Lumbermouth posted:

Made a giant pot of mussels tonight with the 505 green chile and mexican lager for the broth. A+ would recommend.

Oh holy poo poo this sounds divine

Recipe?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Scarodactyl posted:

All red meat.
Fortunately they stock skinless chicken andoille so I had that instead. Great stuff.

You get bit by the Lone Star tick?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Alucard posted:

I saw hearts of palm spaghetti at my Costco today, and definitely did not buy it.

Our costco's got some weird stuff (DC area)

Is that the Market Place one up on the border? That one is absolutely weird but also sells huge things of liquor so it evens out imo

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

XXXTREME SOUND PROTECTION

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

I made a pilgrimage today

Got a giant thing of foil, a Brita water filter and some filters, a giant f off thing of mushrooms, plastic wrap and sunscreen

Honestly it all cost me $130 but my plastic wrap last time I bought it no joke lasted me at least six years and the foil is going to last me until I die

Oh also had a hot dog and pizza because you have to

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Soul Dentist posted:

May you never be hungry and poor enough to remember making this vow and regret. PBUC

When I lived next to the world's largest Costco my Saturday morning breakfast was samples and a polish dog and I miss it terribly

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

I had to pick up a prescription and I gorged myself on a hot dog and pizza

All hail Costco

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Make your own rice you lazy bums!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Costco is about love, so knock off the hate!!!!