Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

belt posted:

anyone tried the kirkland craft beer variety pack?

first time I've ever seen it today and almost picked it up but still a little gunshy after kirkland light beer.

i didn't like it very much, and i'll drink just about anything. not impossible to drink or anything, but not particularly good or notable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I get the big bag of unpeeled heads of garlic

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Are the costco memory foam pillows any good?

i got one with some "cooling" poo poo on one side and normal on the other and it owns.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Tim Whatley posted:

Did an early morning Co run today. My friends, they are sampling Aidells Chicken Meatballs and holy gently caress they rule.

Also bought two giant rear end slabs of ribs for $19 to grill tonight at my new house in my new backyard :getin:

Cafeful, last time I thought I purchased 2 rib slabs but the package contained 3 and it was a lot of ribs to deal with

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

lol if you read packaging

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Taima posted:

the dry mushrooms at Costco are on clearance for 9.97 per 3/4 pound container.

You might be saying, that's not a lot of mushrooms. Except it is a gently caress ton of mushrooms in reality, as evidenced by the image below.

You just rehydrate the mushrooms in water. Best deal ever, keeps forever, get it and live your best life. If you aren't cooking with mushrooms you're loving up.

This thing is good but sometimes theres a lot of stems that don't re-hydrate very well

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

AWarmBody posted:

What's the single best thing that I can buy at Costco and put in my husband's mouth to make him love Costco?

Kirkland Gin

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Yeah and the container is huge

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

The burger is big.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I didn't see the naanwiches but I did get a key lime pie today. It's huge and delicious

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Xaris posted:

speaking of staples, what are the year-after-year staples that people get anyways, or like common reason-to-go-if-out-staple?

costco tp
costco paper towels
box of sparkling water
box of unsalted butter (freeze it)
crate of cagefree eggs
costco mexican cheese blend (freeze one)
uncooked tortillas
box of 10 gal garbage bags (usually only need to buy a box like once every 3 years tho)
costco pre-cut sheets of aluminum foil
costco cling wrap( usually like once every 3 years)
ziplock bags
costco shampoo
costo conditioner
costco bodywash (the 2-pack thing is insane)
tide advanced power something laundry poo poo
tide blue dish soap
whatever dishwasher pods are on sale (i think the powerball?)
feminine hygiene poo poo for the gf
the 2-pack of unbleached organic flour or something
20lb bag of basmatti rice (usually like once every 2-3 years)
usually block of tillimook sharp chedder or cabot extra sharp, twin-pack of parmesean, the feta in that rectangular container

normandy blend and usually baby spinach. not otherwise a fan of much of their produce compared to just getting on as-needed from my cheap asian-ran produce market, a few blocks down besides strawberries or lil cuties (sometimes)

i still only go like maybe 10x a year tops b/c its too busy to bother with, so that probably plays a factor in mostly getting stuff that's more staple-oriented instead of perishables, like poo poo i could get at like target, but much higher quality and cheaper per unit/quantity price

Pretty much everything you can get a Costco pack of, I do. Toothpaste, deodorant, rubbing alcohol, rubber gloves, bacon, rice, onions, steaks.

I just bought some Costco "bath sheets" and it's like drying yourself off with a blanket after a shower. They're great.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Anyone seen the smoked whitefish around? I remember seeing it a few years ago and never buying one but I've been wanting one and they never seem to have it anymore. I think it's seasonal around the wintertime. It's a big whole smoked fish pretty much.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

MarcusSA posted:

The 9.99 flannel arrived and can confirm they are legit good.

I only bought two but I think I’m gonna order the two other colors.

They are perfect for those chilly southern California days.

I've got a very high number of the costco flannels. I think I buy a few of theme very year, they're great.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Xaris posted:

yeah I'm afraid of the same thing. does it actually still say fluffy? im just recalling 90s blankets which got super pilly after washing and scratchy :mad:

i ended up just throwing my old one in the corner for my dog to sleep on since he loves sleeping on clothes, pillows, and blankets, and instead buying a new one for myself since its like $10.

I washed the one I bought last week and it's still nice and fluffy. The one Ive had for a few years has gone through several washings and it's not as fluffy as new but still perfectly fine.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

hakimashou posted:

Basic potsticker method is to put some oil in a nonstick pan and heat it up, put the frozen potstickers in and fry the bottoms til they change color, dump in some water and put on a lid and cook it until all the water evaporates, uncover and let the bottoms fry in the residual oil until crisp.

The final stage has sputtering so put one of those mesh splatter guards over the pan.

I like to steam them straight from frozen in one of those basket steamers then put them in a hot nonstick pan with a little oil to crisp the bottoms. No sputtering this way.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

FilthyImp posted:

My wife got the comfy Sherpa-Lined flannel and she passed out on the couch with it on.

Sadly, the mens receive no sherpa lining, but the heavyweight flannels are amazing. I feel like Al Borland.
They're also cut in a way that makes my gross fat blob body not look hideous so thanks Costco!

Keep looking, I found a sherpa lined men's flannel last time I went.

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Bought ANOTHER flannel today. I just realized there are 5 color schmes. I now own :siren:3:siren:

Pbuf

I've got probably in the vicinity of 15 costco flannels ive collected over the years. They're the best.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Got a discount turkey. Got the smallest one they had and it was still 23 pounds for 8 bucks. Good poo poo costco

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

The pinwheels loving suck please stop bringing them to parties

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Went to church, got cheese pizza and steaks

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

sweet thursday posted:

How do I not spend $500 every time I go to Costco?

let me know if you learn the secret. i went the other day with the gf and I estimated we got about $350 worth of stuff. our bill was...$630 :negative:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

SirPablo posted:

Wtf! My usual run is around $80-130, rarely push $200. Of course I go ever 1-2 weeks...

we go about once every other month and usually spend much closer to $200.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

My Costco always seems to have bad strawberries even though it's extremely busy. I seem to find a lot of packages with mold in them

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

went to church today to return some stuff. it was a madhouse, in the 5 minutes i was in line probably 60 people exited the store with carts of stuff. kinda wanted to get a few things but didn't feel like dicking around a packed store and lines

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

DELETE CASCADE posted:

can you guys cut the cheese pieces smaller so i can try a new cheese for less than $15 thank you

a few groceries around me do this, QFC if you've got those around, they're like a rebranded Kroger. You can get little cheeses for like 3 bucks and it's perfect to try them out

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I got 800 thread count sheets at the co and I can't wait to sleep on them tonight

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

My gf is a veterinarian. Absolutely do not feed your dog a grain free diet unless your vet recommends it.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

BONGHITZ posted:

i bought a full out japanese toilet from the most cyperpunk districts of Nagasaki, my butthole has never been fresher

:worship:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Alan Smithee posted:

I haven't had it in a while but...did they gently caress with their bagels? It was in the fridge a few days but they seem noticeably harder than before. Less crumbly maybe but drat it's stiff

Storing bread of any kind in the fridge makes it go stale faster. Store it at room temp or in the freezer. This is because part of staling is a chemical process that works better cool but worse frozen.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

My bread goes moldy at room temp also, that's why I said freezer too.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Doing my first pilgrimage today since the virus started. I'm gonna buy so much bullshit

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Missing the free onion salad

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Suxpool posted:

does this pizza have exactly 1 pepperoni

poo poo this looks real bad on a new page

looks like it to me. a shameful pep slice

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Uncle Lizard posted:

I think Beecher's in Seattle and Tillamook in Oregon might have some words for you.

In Wisconsin you can buy them still warm at the creamery and beechers likes to age the squeak out of them before they sell them

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Pizza pizza and more pizza

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

my costco white whale is actually a fish, the smoked whitefish. years ago i saw a whole big rear end smoked fish for sale around christmas and ive never seen one again. one day...

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Yeah both the provolone disc salami packs and the white cheese cube pack are disappointing. they look like they'd be a great snack but they don't taste good at all

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I got the bitchin chipolte sauce based on this thread's inability to stop talking about it. i also got the yakisoba stir-fry w the leftover chicken bits. the stir fry is pretty good

PokeJoe fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Aug 25, 2020

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

it's very hummus like

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I have the opposite rec, I got the king one because my other one was smaller and it was annoying having to rotate it to find a way for it to cover me comfortably. Now I just get under it and it's always big enough no matter the orientation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I've been searching for parchment for a while too. I've bought it a bunch in the past but haven't seen it for months