Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Taima posted:

The Yanceys habanero jalapeno cheese is loving ridiculously good, holy poo poo.

Hell yeah! I need to eat more cheese, now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Buy your wife $48 worth of Costco Hot Dogs and then pour the drinks into the bathtub for a nice caffeinated romantic bath... + dogs!

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I use the boneless skinless chicken tenders and I flip them once in the middle. They turn out really well and they can pass as healthy!

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

shovelbum posted:

I live less than one mile from Costco

I can look out my windows at work and see Costco. If I'm not buying frozen goods, I can shop at lunchtime. No lines :)

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Trash Trick posted:

Did some shopping at Costco

Filled up my gas tank this morning. 10.2 gallons for less than $25 :smug:

This will me close to 400 miles :smug::smug::smug:

In my Ford Focus :(

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
The best pie filling is oreo cream and chocolate pudding. I am a huge child.

Though pizza does meet the definition of pie.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Egg steamers are the fastest, best way to get perfect hard boiled eggs.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Yeah but then you have a gadget that only steam eggs and can't do anything else. Just boil them. Takes <10 minutes.

I guess it depends on how many eggs you consume. I put 4 on every day, take a shower, pop them out and have perfect med-hard boiled eggs every time.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I'm trying to eat healthier. Besides their quinoa salad, roast chicken, al pastor salad, and chicken noodle soup, what else is good to grab for a light meal?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

"Healthier" is kinda broad. Are you doing a certain diet? Cutting sodium intake?

I meant more foods to grab to take to the office or grab on my lunch break. Healthier as in not fast food quality bad. Something that's decently filling but not completely loaded with empty carbs. Like their wraps tend to be.

I dunno, but if I did, I'd probably be buying it already. I've been trying out their soups, and they're pretty good.

Moey posted:

Frozen veggies, pan roasted.

This thread likes Normandy Blend.

I love their stir fry stuff, but I can't really cook it at the office :/

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Thanks you guys. For both the prep heads up and the microwavable meal tip.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Probably because he wants to eat there and not have a membership to the 'co. :confused:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Suspect Bucket posted:

And I used my own tumbler. :ohdear:

For christssake

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I went to the Co yesterday and spent $200 on mostly foodstuffs. I live by myself.

Bought too much cheese, but I wasn't sure what I wanted to try them all :black101:

Also bought two of the ready to cook meals. Korea BBQ and the flank steak. Korean BBQ had great flavor, but how too many chunks of hard fat in it.

Food court offerings were Hot Dogs and Pizza. Nothing else :(

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Alan Smithee posted:

they should have ice cream and fruit smoothie

Machine was busted and no fruit smoothie. They never offered a fruit smoothie at that costco location, to my knowledge.

Schadenboner posted:

Define "too much cheese"?

:confused:

I bought Haloumi, a kirkland sized brick of Parmesan, Some non-diary chao cheese just to try it out, Havarti slices (my usual go to), a bright of white sharp cheddar, and a pack of flavored goat cheeses that I am probably just gonna eat like a sausage because I'm a gluttonous pig.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
poo poo I forgot to buy mozzarella for pizzas!

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I bought one of those triple packs of Organic milk, as is my custom. The first one had a weird burn taste. The second one had it as well. I got an over-pasteurized batch. ya ruined my mini-wheats and let me down, 'co. :mad:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Saw this thread and went to go get those socks :black101:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I'd need a better shot on the inside of that steak before I judge.

The salt grinders are there to adjust the coarseness of the grain. Not all salt is to be completely dissolved before you bite into it.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

pentyne posted:

Maybe this is heresy but what is the worst thing you've bought at Costco?

I tried these and was so disappointed I threw most of them away rather then try to eat them.

The instead was dry and almost tasteless, the pastry outside crumbled and flaked like a stale croissant, and trying to warm them up in the microwave to soften them just made it worse. Each pie being like 400 calories was also enough for me to pass on them 100%.

Those Kam Yen Jan Chinese Style Sausages made me throw away an otherwise good meal. The ones at my local asian food market have me spoiled. These had a horrible grainy texture and I have no idea what they used instead of fat.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

SirPablo posted:

What was your worst church purchase?

The lady at our office started buying Kirkland coffee.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

norp posted:

That's a hatchback not a minivan

It'd have to be.. how else could they get out?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Nfcknblvbl posted:

One thing I like covid changed at Costco is the absence of free samples. Finally, I can navigate through the frozen & produce sections! Right now, they have the same sample displays up but they aren't offering any food to taste, and I hope it stays that way.
I really wish they made those a separate part of the store, with the items nearby. That part of the store can be a log jam and everyone else can just get on with their lives.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

bob dobbs is dead posted:

i found in the before times that its not feasible to impress peeps by entertainin w costco anymore cuz all the peeps youre entertaining have memberships too half the time

so it was like, 'yes i too recognize this high quality kirkland product'
Costco perfected the sheet cake and made it droll at the same time :(

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Air purifiers detect particulate matter in the air. When it detects it, it changes its level of filtration and displays what mode it's in. Red means that it detect heavy particulate matter and kicks the filtration into high gear.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

redreader posted:

I also did this because of posts like this one, and it made literally 0 difference vs using a blade grinder. I also can't tell the difference between freshly ground and bought-ground. I still do it anyway because I have all of the stuff, but if I can only get pre-ground it's not a big deal.

Yes I can taste things.

It depends on the oil content of the coffee, as well as its flavor profile. I like whole bean Jamaican Blue Mountain, and not only can I tell the difference between a blade and a burr grinder, I can tell the difference between a steel burr that's seen alot of use and a ceramic burr. If you're preferred coffee is really dark or has a long drying time before it's roasted, you're less likely to tell the difference since the particulate is much more prominent in the taste.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Propaganda Machine posted:

I'm just going to bite, can you elaborate on those differences?

I'll try. My "foodie" vocabulary is kind of lacking. For a bean that works really well with a burr grinder, they tend to generate less powder when ground. If it generates alot of powder when ground, then really any kind of coffee grinder will do.

For the those that don't, think of it like perparing a clove of garlic. A blade pushes it between blades or a blade and a hard surface and slices it, think of it as slicing a clove of garlic into thick slices. A dull burr grinder (steel burr grinders will eventually dull) is like rolling over a clove of garlic with a rolling pin. A ceramic burr grinder is like pull a clove of garlic on a meat tenderizer and whacking it with another meat tenderizer. It chuckifies it, but they're very rough uneven chunks.

If you're using a french press, you want to have the grind be as coarse as you can, so that the french press keeps the coffee grinds out of the coffee. The blades expose a ton of surface area to bean volume, The oils are all released, but the water also fully saturates most of the grains and can add a ton of particulate matter to the coffee. The dull burr has the opposite, where the surface area is low, and less oil ends up in the coffee. The ceramic burr (or a sharp steel bur) grinds them into multi faceted shapes, which have a lot of surface area, but also a more proportional volume. When you add them to a french press, you can much more easily control the oil to particulate ratio by how hot the water is when you add it (I just use water from an electric kettle that's just com down from a violent boil) and how long you let it seep. The other two grinding methods don't really give you that much ability to adjust.

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Mar 20, 2021

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Halbey posted:

I call the chicken bakes Chickin Stixx™ and that makes it taste better. Try that out next time everyone.

I call them chicken breads, Like pizza breads, but with chicken inside.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

MarcusSA posted:

It used to be better before they changed the recipe.

It’s still good but it used to be better.

When did this change? Last time I had Costco pizza was the before times

Hope it doesn't suck now :ohdear:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ror posted:

I only got the take-and-bake once and it was borderline inedible to me compared to the food court. Way breadier crust and less flavorful sauce and toppings.
Same. It seems to be a rule for any place that sells ready to serve pizzas and take home pizzas. The take home will always be 1/20th the quality.

Ror posted:

If you're taking it home though, always order your whole food court pizza "no-cut." It stays hotter and fresher, you can pick your own size of slice, and also that steel cutting frame always looks encrusted with old sauce and gross to me.
Pro tip, here.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Xaris posted:

Has anyone's Costco had those thicc dark grey merino wool socks anymore? I havent seen em at mine for over a year (actually longer than that) now and I'm mostly running out

holes are devouring them

Mad they're not 100% wool. Bloomingdale's sells them, but they're like 25 bucks a pair on sale. BS, but on the occasions I wear dress shoes they are so nice.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Did they get rid of Kirkland Tomato Paste?! It was the absolute best! I can't find it now in the store and it's not available from costco online.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Normandy Blend at 425 for 16-18 minutes. I put doil and foil and spray PAM on it. After words I season them with steak seasoning. I enjoy them more than I ever should.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

SamDabbers posted:

Love these Costco sandwich rolls. And turkey. And cheese.

These also freeze well, and come out moist and chewy after 15 seconds in the micro wave.

Alternatively put then in for 8 seconds to make them warm enough to separate with a butter knife, then put in the ingredients for a melt and nuke it to your hearts content. There's hot sandwichs, then there are hot sandwiches.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Eating a 20 dollar bake it yourself pot pie from the 'co.

It's pretty drat good. Perfect ratio of chicken to crust to veggies to starch goo.

Needed spices but very easy to add after it's baked. Praise be to the 'co.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

numberoneposter posted:

And Normandy mix.

This is my go to for trying to lose weight. Add chicken stock and pick a protein, and it's also a soup.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
The number of people in line for the food court when you approach the check out and the number of people in line when you finish checking out is calculated by the formula 4x+1 where x is the number of minutes you've spent in line.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Aesop Poprock posted:

Costco still employees an ex roommate of mine at a really well paying job and they paid for his brothers heroin rehab in Florida and he's flourishing now so I can't think of a thing to complain about them which is rare for a company that size

Wondering how the hell they cover a sibling

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
2 person kayaks work based on one person dragging the other.

get two Kayaks and you can keep pace with the slowest person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Nutella posted:

Kirkland Bar Soap

Severely underrated.