Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

shovelbum posted:

Why doesn't the Midwest like flavor anyway, these people are less than a century removed from parts of Europe that eat all kinds of poo poo that may not be "spicy" but has a lot of flavors

Spicy is for people who want to eat flavored food. And I bet there's some racism thrown in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Cat litter is on sale at my Costco. About 50 pounds for $10. And a limit of three a day. Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy. I work with a foster program for cats, we go through this poo poo faster than toilet paper.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Stopped by Costco two hours before it opened, out of curiosity. Others had the line wrapped around the building.

At this rate we will have to get some other cat food because loving hell, no brand is worth this.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Universe Master posted:

Your cat would probably literally eat poo poo, so I don't think it matters.

The only issue is, other brands tend to make our cats, and the foster cats, have more poo poo issues. When you foster a lot of cats, one poo poo issue is too much.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
So is it a better idea if I do need hit Costco, to go about noon or in the afternoon, and just hope they're letting people in the store?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
10 minute wait outside, plenty of water, they did have my cat food in. However they put a limit of one bag per person per day.

no toilet paper of course. The funny thing is I distinctly remember two weeks ago when people had three or four Totes of toilet paper and nobody said boo. Costco's a little late on limiting anything at this point.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
They put a limit on dry cat food, one bag per card per day.

loving cat food.

Where the gently caress was the limit a month ago when people were buying 4-5 cases of tp, Costco?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Primpin and Pimpin posted:

Down to my last two rolls of TP, I had been waiting for some kind of lapse in weird hoarding tendencies but every night when I checked Costco (I live across the street) there's always a sign saying they are out. Employees just say to call in the morning since they don't know when resupply will be happening. My mom is literally mailing me some toilet paper (from CA to OH) because she keeps going during senior hours and buying toilet paper whenever she sees it there. Holy poo poo, what is wrong with old people.

At this point we almost need the old fuckers to do this. They're the only ones who get the chance to loving buy and hoard it.

Costco needs to limit the TP and poo poo to literally one per card per week.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Braved Costco to try and get produce. Had no good lettuce heads, all the bagged salad was a week old or over. I did get lucky and grabbed a single stack of Kleenex from the five left on a pallet.

Costco needs to limit this poo poo. They already have limits on one per day for so many items, make it one per loving week. That might slow down some of the hoarding. Or they could update their drat website; Qtips showed as out of stock, but in store they had tons.

It amazes me how many people were wandering up and down every aisle, especially old people. Get in, get your poo poo, and leave. Instead there were groups of people chatting about everything, or idlely picking over the books.

edit: I don't think the cart wiping helps much. There were a few employees wiping down the handles...but from how the carts are organized, you grab the opposite end to pull the cart out of the line.

Cowslips Warren fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Mar 29, 2020

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Few things are more maddening than returning home from Costco, thinking you are done for a while, and then told by a family member we're out of something else. Or will be soon. In a week. Can you go back next weekend for this one single item please?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Why IS the Costco website so bad?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Normal hours everywhere or just certain states?

Why the gently caress is their website so BAD?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Decided to risk Costco today. They had tp, kleenex, paper towels in stock. No Lysol or bleach but place wasn't too badly stocked.

fun fact: the lady checking people's cards as they entered, ignored the people who didn't wear masks, or had them in hand. Saw several people in the store with mask covering their mouth only, or their chin. Way to keep the bar high!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Much love for the Costco customers who walk in and take their mask off within two seconds. And the employees who see them and do gently caress all. Usually the masks reappear near checkout, in the hand, or rarely covering the chin or just the mouth.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Does your Costco have FastPasses for first responders? I was rather irritated after waiting in line to get into Costco this morning, and 4 people who stood off to the side, watching the line grow to about 100 people, walked right in when the gates opened. No one was in uniform.

Kudos to the old lady who tried to get in by claiming senior's hour, but the card checker told her that's only Mon-Fri, not on weekends, and made her go to the end of the line.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Always love the idiots that try to line-cut before opening. Usually older people, their mask with nose uncovered, and they keep glancing at the line stretching beyond the building, and waiting for someone who had been waiting in said line since 30 minutes before open to let them cut in.

I swear if Costco didn't limit poo poo, I would go in when the sale is on, buy $200 of cat litter, and leave. Not have to come back for months. Nope, they have to make it limit of 3 a day. Are people going to stockpile this poo poo like toilet paper?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Wait you guys actually have Costco cashiers who talk to you? The ones at the stores near me barely look away from their assistant/boxer/bagger to scan my card.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Rufio posted:

They just added self checkout to our store but you have to take everything out of your basket and balance it on a tiny little bagging area. No thanks lol. Just gimme the gun and let me scan away please.

It was hilarious Saturday, with a checker urging people waiting in the only open register line to use self checkout, when all of us had giant things you'd need a price gun to scan.

Maybe next time I will go there, and make a huge deal about lifting 44 pounds of cat litter over the scanner.

Why are there no price guns?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Quick question for any Costco goons, I used to get the cello brand cheese trays that were like eight bucks or something but when I went to my local Costco today they didn't have any, and the website only shows them at business centers now? Seen as the stuff has to be refrigerated that doesn't seem quite right to me. Has anyone else seen items being moved around because I know their websites garbage.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Costco: Hey show us your membership card before we let you in. Can't be sure we trust you in here.

Costco: Hey show us the card again before you try to buy anything.

Costco: Hey show us your receipt before you leave in case you stole something.

Costco: We trust you have been vaccinated, no need to wear a mask!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I just wish they opened before 10.