Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

I used self checkout for the first time (at Costco) the other day and can’t see myself using it again unless I only have a couple of items. Was kind of a hassle for multiple reasons and ended up taking longer than if I just waited in the regular checkout line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I made a pilgrimage today

Got a giant thing of foil, a Brita water filter and some filters, a giant f off thing of mushrooms, plastic wrap and sunscreen

Honestly it all cost me $130 but my plastic wrap last time I bought it no joke lasted me at least six years and the foil is going to last me until I die

Oh also had a hot dog and pizza because you have to

I have a 3,000 foot roll of plastic wrap that I should have dated when I bought it. Have had it for forever and it looks like it has a lot more to go.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Jingleheimer posted:

Nuking a bowl of premade rice is my go to midnight snack. Pull it out of the microwave, pour some Frank's hot sauce on it and I'm good to go.

Reminds me of a place I used to work at. We made small batches of sushi rice mixed with hot sauce instead of seasoned vinegar. Used it for a roll with fried catfish, onions, pickles, and kewpie mustard-aise on the inside.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

bird with big dick posted:

Rice cookery only, I didn’t try to get it to suck me off like that other guy

Costco: I didn’t try to get it to suck me off like that other guy

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Johnny Truant posted:

Okay I got a nutribullet, hit me with your favourite Costco smoothie recipes STAT

Also a nice dude recommended the Vitamix when we were right in front of them, then commented on the nutribullet in our cart when we passed him in the store like 15 minutes later lol

Here’s my go to, amounts given are estimates:

Almond milk
1 or 2 Tablespoons of greek yogurt
1 or 2 Tablespoons of peanut butter
1 scoop of chocolate whey protein
1/2 to 1 tsp (?) of turmeric
Few shakes of ginger powder (they don’t have this at my Costco)
1/4 Cup quick oats
1/4-1/2 Cup frozen mixed berries. I mix in banana slices if I have them.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Johnny Truant posted:

You're more insufferable than the guy you're yelling at, hth

Oh yeah I remember somebody mentioning watching out for sales on those, I'll have to keep an eye out. Thanks!

Edited this in for easy finding later, thanks! How much flavour does the turmeric add though? Don't think I've seen that in a smoothie before

You might be able to taste it a little bit, it’s not dominant. I like the combination of chocolate and turmeric, though.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

numberoneposter posted:

craving a huge tub of kimchi tug now thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

jimmy mnemonic posted:

I picked up a boneless leg of lamb yesterday at $5 off. Only I've never made lamb before so it will be interesting to see how it turns out. Wish me luck goons.

Got the same deal and turned the whole roast into a korma-like curry. So now I have a couple gallons of lamb curry and some Thai tofu curry in my refrigerator. So much curry.