Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Yeah poor people. Life will never be as good as your nostalgia, you racist dickholes.

P.S. Vote for Hillary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Vladimir Putin posted:

Also redlining and literally not giving jobs, government funding or anything to blacks really pushed this further.

social security was originally pushed for whites only

Deimus
Aug 17, 2012

Vladimir Putin posted:

Also redlining and literally not giving jobs, government funding or anything to blacks really pushed this further.

Capitalism pushed the racial divide you say?

*rubs chin marxistly*

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Instant Sunrise posted:

maybe so, but they sure as gently caress did benefit from it.

not to mention the economic shot in the arm that a massive infrastructure project like that generates.

But it might not/probably wouldnt have happened when it did unless we needed to quickly transport missiles up and down the eastern seaboard.

You just need to figure out how to disguise the next big public works project as a military expenditure. like building bear cat factories to stifle civil unrest.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Gonna close this thread since I think I got my answer and now everyone's trying to answer something else which is being discussed in like 4 other threads probably.

Xenoveritas posted:

Probably because the answer is pretty clear? Yeah, they didn't get it, and they still don't get it.

Like, I can name things that Trump promised to do. Build a wall. Make America Great Again. Renegotiate trade agreements.

What did Hillary promise? To not be Donald Trump. Oh, and I guess Bernie's free college plan but really all I remember of that towards the end was her defending it as possible when Trump brought it up in a debate.

The turnout figures this year are showing about the same turnout as in 2012 with Trump getting maybe slightly fewer votes than Romney did. But the big thing was that third parties are way up in turnout. Gary Johnson already has nearly twice as many votes as all third parties combined did in 2012. It's looking like the lessons here are: the Republican base will vote for whoever the Republican is, and Hillary Clinton succeeded in getting voters to abandon the DNC while Trump wasn't able to convince them to vote for him.

• Locked thread