Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
It seems like that guy's plan to get Iron Man to watch a VHS tape was a little convoluted. He could have just put the tape on youtube and Iron Man would have seen it.

When the Secretary of Avengers Affairs was showing the video of collateral damage, it's all footage of entire cities getting destroyed, but it's the laughably small crater in the corner of a building in central Africa that's the last straw.

Also, are the Avengers the only inmates in the top secret floating superprison? What a waste of money. How do they justify the construction, operation and manning costs to build a submersible Azkaban just to hold five people? And then it can't even keep Captain America from breaking everybody out at the end! Even though, I'm assuming, it was specifically designed to stop superheroes from breaking in/out. What a piece of poo poo.

All in all, it was much better than Age of Ultron, but still actually a bad movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

just ray
Jan 3, 2014

by merry exmarx
I flipped that movie off when I saw the trailer

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

just ray posted:

That'll show 'em.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i assume the prison is just some repurposed supervillain lair. SHIELD stole that poo poo from Dr Doom at some point

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

it was a comic book movie of course it's bad

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

It was for sure the best superhero vs superhero movie of 2016.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Black Panther's secret hideout is a mountain shaped like a giant panther.

That is Cobra Commander level bad camoflage.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

just ray posted:

look at this badass

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i didnt watch it

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
My favorite part was spiderman's aunt. She is good looking.

just ray
Jan 3, 2014

by merry exmarx

Enfield posted:

i didnt watch it

I flipped it off

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Edgar posted:

My favorite part was spiderman's aunt. She is good looking.

Yeah what the hell was that? Aunt May is supposed to be an old lady.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

just ray posted:

I flipped it off

i dont blame you

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
has anyone seen star wars

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Applewhite posted:

Yeah what the hell was that? Aunt May is supposed to be an old lady.

Marisa Tomei is almost 52.

It never really made sense for a teenage Peter Parker's aunt to be like 80.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Universe Master posted:

It never really made sense for a teenage Peter Parker's aunt to be like 80.

her "sister" was actually her daughter who was born out of wedlock but this was kept secret by the family for fear of being ostracized by the community, he is actually her grandson hth

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Blue Train posted:

her "sister" was actually her daughter who was born out of wedlock but this was kept secret by the family for fear of being ostracized by the community, he is actually her grandson hth

Is this true? Because if so that is very cool.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Applewhite posted:

Not so cool when you find out that Peter came about because uncle Ben had poor impulse control.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Frankenstyle posted:

Not so cool when you find out that Peter came about because uncle Ben had poor impulse control.

I don't mean having a secret daughter out of wedlock and pretending she is your sister is cool, I mean that it's cool that the writers would include that detail about Peter's family instead of going the usual route and having him be the product of a "normal" nuclear family like everybody else.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Applewhite posted:

nah looking at wikipedia it looks like his dad's older brother was just into old ladies I guess. they didn't even bother to address why he was living with her for years in the comic

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I did a sweet crescent kick and chopped a pretty big stick in half. That's my Avengers story. Thanks.

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

Blue Train posted:

Look at this nerd with the encyclopedic knowledge of comics mythology, and also the only marvel movie worth watching is Howard the duck

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i can't remember anything that happened in this movie because it's poo poo.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Doctor J Off posted:

Look at this nerd with the encyclopedic knowledge of comics mythology, and also the only marvel movie worth watching is Howard the duck

I was just making poo poo up I've literally never read a comic book

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
What I'm saying is I could probably crescent kick a gun out of someone's hand and be a superhero on the local news. And...not destroy a whole city doing it. :smuggo:

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

Blue Train posted:

I was just making poo poo up I've literally never read a comic book

I used to read the sonic the hedgehog comics pressed by the Archie company when I was a little kid

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Doctor J Off posted:

I used to read the sonic the hedgehog comics pressed by the Archie company when I was a little kid

when I was but a wee childe there was some grown man in my neighborhood who I now assume was autistic that would recite Archie comics from memory

Shame Wagon
Nov 12, 2016

Applewhite posted:

Black Panther's secret hideout is a mountain shaped like a giant panther.

That is Cobra Commander level bad camoflage.

The mountain isn't the secret hideout, the entire country is. Techno rwanda is extremely isolationist and also the most technologically advanced country. Black Panther's black panthering is an open part of his identity within the country, so he can king it up ostentatiously with no need for camouflage.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Shame Wagon posted:

The mountain isn't the secret hideout, the entire country is. Techno rwanda is extremely isolationist and also the most technologically advanced country. Black Panther's black panthering is an open part of his identity within the country, so he can king it up ostentatiously with no need for camouflage.

I hope President Trump follows this example and pilots a giant mech to fight terrorists.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Shame Wagon posted:

Did they become super technologically advanced from stealing Gorilla Grod's technology?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Mega64 posted:

I hope President Trump follows this example and pilots a giant mech to fight terrorists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbM6WbUw7Bs

Shame Wagon
Nov 12, 2016

Applewhite posted:

Did they become super technologically advanced from stealing Gorilla Grod's technology?

They had almost all of the world's vibranium deposits and rather than allowing white men to come in and take it they closed their borders and invested it all in education and development, building a technocratic paradise, but for some reason allowing the rest of africa to stay as it is in reality and also not sharing their future tech (including all sorts of life saving medicines) with the rest of the world.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Applewhite posted:

no dummy, Gorilla City is DC.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Rutibex posted:

no dummy, Gorilla City is DC. basically the same concept though, except gorillas instead of africans

Man. Ever since Trump won...

Oh ho. Too slow, Ninja editor.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Applewhite posted:

Also, are the Avengers the only inmates in the top secret floating superprison? What a waste of money. How do they justify the construction, operation and manning costs to build a submersible Azkaban just to hold five people? And then it can't even keep Captain America from breaking everybody out at the end! Even though, I'm assuming, it was specifically designed to stop superheroes from breaking in/out. What a piece of poo poo.

I figured it was designed to hide it from the Hulk, Thor, etc. but it still felt dumb because you could stick Captain America, Black Widow, Tony Stark, and Hawkeye in a super max prison anyway. Just take their poo poo away and don't let them having anything metal or electrical in their cell. What're they gonna do? Punch through reinforced concrete walls?

e: you could also just shoot them

flick my Mr. Bean fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Nov 13, 2016

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Frankenstyle posted:

Man. Ever since Trump won...

Oh ho. Too slow, Ninja editor.

:ughh:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

flick my Mr. Bean posted:

I figured it was designed to hide it from the Hulk, Thor, etc. but it still felt dumb because you could stick Captain America, Black Widow, Tony Stark, and Hawkeye in a super max prison anyway. Just take their poo poo away and don't let them having anything metal or electrical in their cell. What're they gonna do? Punch through reinforced concrete walls?

e: you could also just shoot them

Well Captain America still has powers without his shield.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Shame Wagon posted:

They had almost all of the world's vibranium deposits and rather than allowing white men to come in and take it they closed their borders and invested it all in education and development, building a technocratic paradise, but for some reason allowing the rest of africa to stay as it is in reality and also not sharing their future tech (including all sorts of life saving medicines) with the rest of the world.

Is this explained somewhere in the movie? Because my willing suspension of disbelief was stretched pretty thin that some central African banana republic has holo displays and cryo hospitals.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Applewhite posted:

Well Captain America still has powers without his shield.

His powers are just being in the best condition, mentally and physically, that a human being can be in so he still couldn't escape it. Unless the writers decided he could which is how superhero movies are written.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

flick my Mr. Bean posted:

His powers are just being in the best condition, mentally and physically, that a human being can be in so he still couldn't escape it. Unless the writers decided he could which is how superhero movies are written.

of course captain america could escape regular prison. that like saying you can lock up batman if you take away his utility belt. how many times has that worked?

• Locked thread