Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes
God I love this cute game about a tiny necromancer and all her dead friends.

I was always lazy and just named everything after music stuff or random references, like Jojo but with ADD.

My most distinct memory of this game was elation when I equipped my strongest warrior with a flower pot that was actually very effective for ending lives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes
I do love how you can tell you're really strong in Phantom Brave once you can push the enemy entirely off the turn order menu within two summons.

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes
Too lazy to Google but I think the one turn explosion trick is mainly performed with blobs, not slimes.

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes
That was what always made me annoyed at the writing; He's even got one of those big special colour attacks that make you Plot Important, why can't he just... Go do missions? I think he literally only makes money poaching payment from Marona, who's just disliked enough that they'll give her money to other people if they lie about it; other Chroma presumably have contracts or something.

Speaking of Psycho Burgundy, in Japan, Ash had one of those big fancy colour things, too; Blue Dragon somethingorother. They translated the ability as Solemn Vow and changed the chant to "You'll go no further, for her sake I will not fail" which I don't really understand why they did that.

Jukebox Hero fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Dec 17, 2016

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes
Doesn't the manual name the ammo types? Like... Strength(grey sword), Skill (red sword), Nature(plant), Hex(skull), Heal(the green one), and... Ugh, the last one's weird iirc, like... Weird? Something. I might be making all this up on accident but poo poo at least they're names I guess.

• Locked thread