Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
I played and beat this a few months ago. If you need any help explaining anything, I might know some stuff.

The story levels are fairly simple to play and beat. The best strategy (and also the most boring) is to focus on Marona and 2 or 3 phantoms and grind them up to around level 100 with a good weapon. Also pick up your free bottle mail and get a dungeon monk set up (requires 500G)

Although the mechanics behind item fusion are complex, once you get the basics of how some of it works, you shouldn't have too much trouble with the main story-line.

Edit: Sell some take home stuff to make money. The random items you take home from a map should be worth more than the end bonus from completing said map.

mastersord fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Nov 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
I would like to bring up something that I don't think you mentioned. Ash has a passive skill called "Quick Attack" which allows him to get a turn right after Marona confines him and ends her turn. There's another class in the game with this passive ability which I don't think you'll find except in random dungeons. If you confine multiple phantoms with this ability in one turn they will each get a turn in the order they were confined. This is a good strategy for those "oh poo poo I'm gonna get killed after my turn" moments.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
Why do you keep killing corpses? Are they worth any mana or XP? Dead characters don't send protection and unless you run into a healer with revive spells, they shouldn't be a threat.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

sethimothy posted:

Using skills levels them up (and also levels up the energy used to power them) so if there's nothing else to kill it's bye bye corpses. This is especially common if I'm killing time trying to capture an object or pass a few rounds. I know I've mentioned that a few times, but I suppose it does get in the way of viewability so I'll keep that in mind.

That makes sense, but it looks like some of your turns could be better used, but then again, my runs consist of Marona with a very big axe one-shotting everything on the map at this point. Killing objects might be more productive for this than corpses since 1) They're actually worth mana and XP and 2) the target of a cast doesn't matter for leveling skills and SP.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
A note about special stages in random dungeons. If you stumble into a special stage (like that 2X money stage you showed off) and you leave (via Return), the next time you enter that dungeon, you will still be in that special stage. There are some very easy stages (such as "Lone <insert monster here>" or "Minor <monster> Team") where if you have the speed and steal stats, you can grab some VERY high-level items and make so much money that Marona could buy the entire island chain (if the game would let her)!

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

akkristor posted:

I've been thinking on that whole "Buy the island" thing. Marona collects Bor as a chroma in two ways: slaying foes and completing jobs. But why does she get money when killing some random scrabbit or putty, and why can't she use it to pay off her island?
I think the answer is that Marona's battle winnings are not real Bor, but rather Phantom Bor. Think about it, Marona can take items back to Phantom Island that her Phantoms can use. She buys items from phantom merchants, and sells them back to them. Those items her phantoms use are Phantom items, and the Bor used to buy them, or create new phantoms, is all Phantom Bor.
Thats why she still does jobs to get money from clients. She can't buy her island with money only her Phantom friends can use.

That does make sense for this game, but not for anything in Disgaea where you have the exact same issue but it's assumed created units are real and their equipment is real. In Laharl's last extra stage, he says something about training in Item world to become even stronger. Some RPGs would solve this by putting a cap on your money and set dialogue prices to be over that amount.

mastersord fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Nov 27, 2016

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
I noticed this in 7,3 and another of your videos. If you throw something and it doesn't land where you want it but was not caught by the enemy or sent overboard, you can cancel the throw and re-throw it.

BTW, thanks for showing me that I can move and target multi-target/AOE attacks and can switch targets when they're stacked.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

sethimothy posted:

Hard to believe I've done over 50 videos of this game so far and we're not even halfway through! We're getting there.

It still seems kind of odd to me that Marona is so sheltered and so used to being betrayed and hurt that her first thought upon losing a prized necklace is "Oh no, the person who gave this to me is going to be upset and won't be my friend anymore."

You aren't even a quarter of the way through if you count all the bonus content and "Another Marona" which is a whole second quest.

Marona has lived by herself with Ash for most of her life (the spoiler has a cut-scene later that kind of elaborates on her story after the events of the prologue but I think somewhere it says she was 5 when her parents were killed). She was pretty much home-schooled by Ash and has almost no social interaction with anyone outside of people calling her "possessed" and running away. She's also 13 and she barely knows what a friend is, so her reaction is not that unbelievable to me. I've met people like her in real life (not ghost summoning orphans but kids who were never properly socialized with other kids). It's weird and kind of sad.

I also for the longest time could not figure out that Cauldron is a Merman. I kept wondering if there was some kind of shark-class in the game.

Do you have any idea what you're supposed to do with the SP found on take-home objects? I can't fuse it off to anyone and it doesn't get used when the object is used on a map.

mastersord fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Dec 9, 2016

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
One of the things you should keep in mind with any skill is that each skill's damage is dependent on one of your stats. That includes the stats added by what you have equipped as well. "Bone Train" from that femur is HP-based while any of the sign skills are INT-based. I don't know if there are any multipliers on top of that for certain skills but i wouldn't be surprised if there were.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
Skill Level does affect skills like "Big Bang" and "Parting Gift" (both of which are HP based) as well as passives like "Healing Steps".

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Wiffle posted:

drat, Walnut is such a terrible character. You knew they were going to try and justify his comical evilness but it still hurts to watch.

I think they handled Walnut better than Cauldron (I'm still confused why he went from a mustache-twirling land baron to Marona's cheerleader just because she helped drive off Canary, even though he could've hired any of the other Ravens to do the job, or even done it himself).

At least I can understand and sympathize with Walnut, though he needs a bit more of a conscience. He's also a bit of a product of his environment (everyone called him a thief and a bully, so he became both). Still, he's also somewhat competent as a fighter and can use some magic, so why go to the trouble of being credit thief?

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

sethimothy posted:

Part of me feels like I should slow down on the updates, let others post, get their opinions in. Another part of me feels like we kind of have a core group watching, I'm in a position to move forward, so might as well while I can. I was going to hold on to these updates until Monday, but I'm here now, so might as well. With that, I might or might not get out a few more chapters in the coming days... but there's apparently some holiday coming up? So I won't apologize for delays, unless you don't hear from me for a year or two. Then we might have issues, haha.

Also, once I get enough spiritual physical firesword energy (seriously, why couldn't this game name the different energy types for you?) on the dragon so I can show off his one move I haven't done yet, I'll probably fold him into another beast for variety, so if any of you have a particular creature you'd like to see, feel free to let me know. I am also trying to play with OBS so that it actually captures some of the attacks that freeze the software up. It seems to be an issue with specific particle attacks, but a solid solution hasn't been found yet. I dropped the frame rate and it's made a difference, but not enough of one, so... I'll continue to figure this thing out!

Keep it coming! This game has a lot of content and you still have 2-3 more chapters in normal mode, "Another Marona", "Hermuda Triangle", and the other bonus maps. I recommend you do them in that order btw due to how the game handles unlocked characters (unless they patched that too).

Jukebox Hero posted:

Doesn't the manual name the ammo types? Like... Strength(grey sword), Skill (red sword), Nature(plant), Hex(skull), Heal(the green one), and... Ugh, the last one's weird iirc, like... Weird? Something. I might be making all this up on accident but poo poo at least they're names I guess.

Physical(grey sword),Energy(red sword), Physical magic(plant), Elemental magic(lightning bolt), Stat-altering(skull), Healing(heart), and Space-Time(grey with dashed lines) according to the guide.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

sethimothy posted:

And yes, once we beat the main meat of the game, because of how the game handles starting everyone at level 1 we'll want to switch over to Another Marona first... but not before I get that stupid achievement where I can make any party member I want. I'm not even sure what I'm missing right now. Probably Dark Knights.

That's not the problem. If you do the ex missions and Hermuda Triangle before Another Marona, you lose all the unlocked bonus phantoms when you start it, forcing you to beat the game a second (third) time and do all those missions over. I don't remember if you can access the ex-missions from Another Marona, so you might have to go back and beat the main story-line again anyway if you want to keep all the bonus phantoms.

Archers are my guess. Archers, Boars, bottle mails, and Prinnies are only available via random dungeons.

mastersord fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Dec 22, 2016

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
If you buff an object on the field and someone equips it, do they get the buff as well? If so, that cast in the first video might not have been as dumb as you thought.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
You can New Game++ before entering "Another Marona". After beating the main game, a new wisp shows up next to your mailbox on Phantom Island. Talk to it and choose, I think it was "reincarnation" or something and everything except for ex map bonus phantoms will carry over. Although the game recommends a level 1 play through, this is the only way to get and keep all the special phantoms on one file.

mastersord fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Dec 27, 2016

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

sethimothy posted:

The next chapter is the last. If I recall correctly, it's technically three maps, but the last map is, without spoilers, tiered. I'm half tempted to just stream the drat thing and go from there, so I don't have to worry too much about how it turns out. We'll see.

I might not be able to watch if you do.

I don't know if you have access to them yet, but keep an eye out for items with "Oni" or "Galaxy". They're only found in random dungeons Beyond floor 10 but they have some nice (if expensive) skills

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

sethimothy posted:

If I streamed it, I would then archive it for everyone to watch, but it looks like I won't be anyways, so it's all good.

And I am absolutely looking for rank 7 titles, and haven't found any yet, Oni or otherwise. They don't appear to show up very often at all, which makes me sadfaced.

I don't remember when they started showing up for me. I was farming lvl 9999 dungeons before I even noticed them. None of the guides give me the levels needed for each rank to appear either.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
Something that might make it easier to show off all the objects and units on the map. On a map, if you go to the menu where you can quit or exit the game, there is an option called "character List". This will give you a full list of every unit and object on the map, including confined phantoms and their equipment. This is how you view enemies' equipped items' stats. I use it to quickly survey all objects on the floor in a random dungeon before i decide whether to stay and grab some stuff or just use return.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
Thanks for making me a Putty! I'm just so honored!

Now let's talk about the Archer class for a moment since you made Senerio into one. Archers have 2 things going for them:

1) They have the passive skill "Quick Attack" which I think I've talked about before. When a unit has this skill, it will automatically get a turn right after Marona confines it. What's important is that an Archer can pass this skill onto other units through fusion. I would use this for Bottle-Mails, "Blob bombs*" , Dungeon monks, and especially any units that have low speed but good stats/skills
2) Archers have the biggest range for throwing things (units AND objects). On the map where we got an Egg, I would use several archers to pass Marona and her equipment over to the other map and possibly back again when finished.

My point is you should make a few more.

*Fuse one Blob with a Prinny and a Titlelist to Get "Big Bang" and "Parting Gift". Add a generous number of Knights, Mystics, and Behemoths to Get "Healing Birth" and "Healing Steps" to lvl 100. Add 1 Archer for "Quick Attack". Mix vigorously and Garnish with high HP equipment. Blobs have a 1-turn limit, which makes them perfect for this. "Big Bang" and "Parting Gift" use Current HP to determine damage.

mastersord fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jan 4, 2017

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

sethimothy posted:

Just checking in to let people know I haven't forgotten about this. I needed to put some focus on real life for a bit, and get some priorities straight. We're gonna start the "Another Marona" arc with videos being shared likely Wednesday or Thursday, depending, and going from there. Also, with a new microphone power source, you can hear me without me eating the drat thing, which will be nice! Going back over older videos, sometimes it sounds like I'm 13 and if I speak too loudly my parents are gonna wake up and find me on their TRS-80 or something.

I like the general flow we've got going on this game so I'm not going to be adding screenshots or whatever, but other projects will likely have more serious editing.

I am glad to hear that! I was worried you might've forgotten this LP. Even if you do forget, I still appreciate your efforts.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
I thought that starting Another Marona also automatically gave you a free Shiva and Heliotrope. I am interested in seeing Walnut in the field since you've already shown off Sprout and Raphael. Also, can I request that you equip my putty with a sword?

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
Did we really need fan-service of a 13-year old girl? >Yech!<

It's also nice to see that Bijou has his own voice-work (even if it's just a growl). I wonder if the others do.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

sethimothy posted:

Let's get back on the posting bandwagon!

Mt. Kazan - Fiery Training (A2, 3) [A008]
Icicle Island - Icy Revenge (A2, 4) [A009]
Icicle Island - Cold Situation (A2, 5) [A010]

We learn a little bit about Carona. Basically, she read the nasty bottle mails that Ash kept from Marona, and as a result became bitter and emboldened. Also, she was an Oxide, and actually beat Walnut at his own game. Pretty fun stuff! I also play with some of the other special characters we get here, although they are pretty... average, to be honest.

Just an FYI:
[A008] is pointing to [A007]
[A010] is pointing to [A008]

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

sethimothy posted:

loving Nerd Rage. Basically Carona asks Marona to give her Ash, since Ash is apparently Marona's source of power... and Marona is like "Well, I don't want to, but I also want to, so here you go, let me see him once in a while please." Ash is like "Yeah, we discussed this, it's fine, my mission is to protect Marona and your name is Marona but with a C so gently caress it I'm game" and just WHAT THE EVER LOVING gently caress. NO. ABSOLUTELY NOT.

I didn't find that part to be that bad given everything else that's happened. Carona was left to fend for herself and so her world view is that she cannot trust or rely on anyone but herself. She's both angry that Ash never came back in her life and yet in this life he did. She's also curious as to what it's like to have a true and permanent friend. Marona on the other hand pity's Carona and also admires how self-reliant and independent Carona has become. In the end, both would get something out of the exchange of Ash. It was also symbolic in the end so nothing changes, really.

Hurricane Slash is used mainly to disarm enemy units. Keep it in mind the next time you are trying for something the enemy has and you can't steal it.

mastersord fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Apr 11, 2017

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Doopliss posted:

Anyway, I can't think of Another Marona as anything other than a dumpster fire. The translation was godawful, it was hopelessly padded, and the plot was abysmal - utterly cliche, fueled pretty-much entirely by characters being cagey and cryptic right to the final cutscene, and with the most scatter-shot approach to "character development" I've seen in a long time. Thanks very much for trudging through it. I can only hope that the EX battles were done by whoever wrote/translated the main story instead of that one.

I will respectfully disagree. It wasn't stellar, I'll give you that, but I fail to see it being cliche. I've seen far worse padding and far more abysmal writing. Heck, some expansions don't even GET new voice acting. The team behind it tried and put effort in. The levels weren't too badly designed and it gave you a whole slew of special characters and several unique weapons. You got a whole second game out of it.

The writing for this game was about how Marona developed and matured as a character. NIS is known for games like Disgaea and Makai Kingdom, which don't take themselves nearly as seriously as this game does, so from that, I have to give them credit for at least trying. I also think some things may have gotten lost in translation which may explain some of the cryptic-ness of the characters.

As to what's next, Hermuda Triangle shouldn't be too hard whereas the Ex missions are strictly meant for fusion grinders. If you want, I might be able to send you my file which you can New game + on. I've got a small team of bottlemails and Marona who can OHKO pretty much everything short of the very last ex-missions

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

sethimothy posted:

Almost ready to start recording again, which is exciting. Been getting distracted in-game by dungeons though. There's an achievement to get a rank 7 title. So far, no luck. I know there's like 30 of them, and plenty of guides show what they do, but there's gotta be something to better my chances of finding one, right?

I'm not spoilering this since we already discussed how random dungeons in this game work.

Are you running level 9999 99-floor dungeons? You need to survive something like that first and foremost. I started building up Failure dungeons first until I could survive a lvl 9999 failure dungeon. I then built up and ran small dungeons with low enemy counts. This was done for speed more than survival. Finally, I would make 9999 dungeons where I would stop on special floors. These are used to farm fusion fodder items. Get one for Bones, Plants, Fish, weapons, Trolleys, Food, and whatever else.

Once you have that, you need some fairly high-level bottlemails to farm items for fusion. At this point, It should take a few hours to get a level 7 title if you haven't already found one.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
You couldn't find a good Tool or Fish map from the dungeon monk? It should be pretty easy to grind up a good high-stat weapon or 5. Heck, send me your file and I'll grind it up for you. The "hard" part is getting up to level 9999 "failure" dungeons but it can still be done in probably 10-20 hours (which you don't need to do in one sitting). It's faster to grind in this game than Disgaea.

Seriously, don't give up and start cheating now.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
Yes, it's time consuming, but if you pick the right dungeon (small size, few enemies) you could clear one in less than half an hour. Do failure dungeons count? I don't remember to be honest.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

sethimothy posted:

I did a livestream today where I attempted to beat a failure dungeon with 57 floors, starting at level 495, with a failure title. We made it to level 20. Part of the issue is lack of levels, part of the issue was this dungeon prohibited items and was owl-centric. Woops.

But then in a weird twist of fate I had a dungeon qued up with the Universe title that was close to being beaten, so I just did that one. I'm probably going to go back and finish the other dungeon though. I need to get some more levels on Mr. Bottle Mail.

But it was fun, and I'll likely be playing things in the future.

I forgot about prohibited items. Why would you pick a dungeon with prohibited items? Also avoid slippery floors unless you like O.B.-ing constantly.

Now more importantly, have you been fusing up your equipment?

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
For dungeons, you want small size, few enemies, and normal ground. Enemy type doesn't matter (though I think Giant-type are better for level grinding and owls love to cast ranged AOE spells) and avoid any prohibited items unless it's a type you don't use. Level also does not matter because you can buy equipment from your shop-keeper, turn it into title, and apply them to the dungeon until you reach the level you want. This will make things easier but you probably already know this.

I'm running out of advice to give. I might try for the yoshitsuna again, just to get back into the game again, but i think my bottle mails are a bit too under-leveled for it. Good luck!

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

sethimothy posted:

I think one thing that has been very understated from this entire tthreadis just how terrible the random dungeon creator is. Getting a dungeon created that is of small size with few enemies and normal floor type can literally take dozens upon dozens of recreates. Then you try to aim for a general number of floors (which titles can add to but you still want it close) all while hoping nothing is prohibited weaponwise... It can be daunting! Also on occasion I have found I needed to change a title on a dungeon because the drat thing has gained some omni spell which makes life more miserable than I like... Blah.

Standard size will also work. It will still take about 30-40 recreates. My thumbs were pretty sore flipping through dungeons. With a level 145 merchant, It takes roughly 12 titles from random equipment to raise a dungeon 100 levels, but by that point it will also be 99 floors.

If i could trade random dungeons to you, I would. I don't think there's a way to hack one in either.

Edit: I learned a new thing today! If you use your merchant to farm rank 6 titles, you can raise a dungeon's level from 7,000 to 9,000 in about 50-60 titles.

mastersord fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Oct 17, 2017

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
I'm sorry I missed your stream. What level dungeons are you handling these days? Your goal is to one-shot that 9999 slime with a 0SP skill. Once you can do that, only map obstacles stand in your way, which you can fix with other phantoms who can also one-shot 9999 monsters.

Keep it up!

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

sethimothy posted:

Extra Map 08 [EX8]: We get to fight Myao, from Rhapsody! If you haven't heard of Rhapsody, don't be surprised. It did not do well stateside. It was released four different times in Japan, but over here, not so much. Anyways, in what is pretty standard fare for Japanese cartoons and games, a flat chested girl calls out another flat chested girl and they have to fight for their honor and the honor of their breast sizes. This is an actual thing that happens, and it an actual trope, and I just don't get it.

I remember there was an LP of Rhasody here quite a few years ago. There's a Nintendo DS port if you want to play it. It wasn't your standard NIS-fair in that it had standard level caps and no post-game if i remember correctly. It was about a girl who played a trumpet and was trying to get married to a prince? She also uses puppets to fight. I don't remember the humor being as good as Disgaea though. It wasn't as serious as this game either. I think it was more cutesy and meant for young girls but my memory is a little flaky on it.

Edit: It's on LPArchive.org if anyon'e interested.

I went through 2 titles trying to get that stupid sword and decided to take a break and farm an ultimate weapon. On the plus side, I learned that the PC port took out the item storage limit of slightly over 100 items, which made farming up 300 skulls and 300 misc. weeds, extremely easy.

mastersord fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Oct 31, 2017

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
I still haven't found a Divine sword yet. I have finished my first 9,999,999,999 on all stats weapon which took about 30 hours in real time. I tried to shortcut another one but it's not working out so good.

When item farming, you can use the color of a given item to know the rank of it's title. It varies from item type to item type, but for example on Grass items, Rank 6 titles are on white-grey colored grass and Rank 7 titles are on olive green grass. At 9999 dungeon level and 99 floors, You can farm Rank 6 and 7 titles fairly constantly with Rank 7s having a 50% chance of spawning on any given visit.

Also if you're going for a max-stat weapon, level up your fusionist to around 6,000. This decreases the mana costs to more reasonable levels while fusing high stat materials into your final product.

Other than Stamp Ralley and the Divine Sword, I think you covered all the content of this game. Congratulations! Take a break and spend some time with your family for the holidays. When you're up for it, I'll be around for Disgaea 2 if you decide to LP again.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

sethimothy posted:

I am never LPing again.

Never.

Ever.

Never ever.

N E V E R

There. I just guaranteed I would. That will do it.

Congrats to Mastersord and Nuramor as being chosen to get avatars and titles chosen by me! And I didn't even use red text! Thanks for following! The rest of you, sorry I only have so much money I can throw on an online messaging board, but hopefully the trip was worth it.

We won't be doing the stamp rally, which is basically a special change book, nor will we be going after the Divine Sword. I'm done with this game; stick a fork in it. Not going to uninstall, but it'll be nice to play other games in my dwindling spare time. Also not going to lock this thread; that can happen in time.

I'm honored! No seriously! I will treasure it forever (digital forever at least, which might last about 5 years or until the site dies)! Thank you and happy holidays!

I'm currently running through the new Titan Quest expansion and then maybe back to Disgaea 2 at least until I pick up a Switch and grab Disgaea 5 among others.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
Since I can't seem to PM you, I just wanted to say that I did get a Switch and have logged over 70 hours into Disgaea 5. It's less grindy than Phantom Brave, but you're looking at probably around 100 hours at least just to get all the content finished (not including collections because that's gonna be tedious). It's an awesome game though!

I know you're probably done with LPs, but I'm just putting it out there..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Sylphosaurus posted:

For what it's worth, I'd be quite interested in watching a Disgaea 5 LP, since I've finally come to terms with the fact that while I enjoy the plot and characters of the Disgaea series I also loathe the gameplay with a vengeance.

Without spoiling much, I will say they've really stream-lined the game-play and made the grind far shorter and more bare-able. You can grind up a new character from 0 to 40M stats in about 2-3 hours by late post-game, and that's without equipment stats and innocents.

@sethimothy: How did you change your controlled character to the level fish?

• Locked thread